Most well rounded fighter in MMA history

It's close between GSP and Jones, but I'll give it to Jones because he's submitting black belts.

354_l.jpg

Fedor. He beat top-level guys at their own game.

He stood with Cro Cop and out grappled Nogueira

Fedor

Excellent Striking, Submissions, Wrestling, Throws. Fedor had it all and is the most well rounded.

He lost then why is he still champion?

Because this world is filled with extremely incompetent people and 3 of them happened to be judging ring side for that fight.

The vast majority of fans and fighters thought Frankie won that fight. The polls and post fight media clearly reflected that. Only people who didn't think frankie won are people who are biased.

Because this world is filled with extremely incompetent people and 3 of them happened to be judging ring side for that fight.

The vast majority of fans and fighters thought Frankie won that fight. The polls and post fight media clearly reflected that. Only people who didn't think frankie won are people who are biased.

Well put.

Fedor

Excellent Striking, Submissions, Wrestling, Throws. Fedor had it all and is the most well rounded.

Winner!

Seriously though, I have never seen a guy like Fedor how systematically decimated his opponents at their own strengths. Not just that, but he did it too the best guys in his division (Nog x2/Cro Cop).

Fedor Emelianenko,

Part of the reason why he is the GOAT Mixed Martial Artist is that he truly was the greatest mixed martial artist.

If they had a dictionary with Mixed Martial Artist in it Fedor should be the definition.

Outstruck Cro Cop,
Beat Nog from his Guard
Beat Coleman where he was most comfortable twice
Out muscled Herring and ragdolled him like no one ever did

Fedor is my answer and he was light years beyond his time.
I agree, very well said

Lyoto Machida has the most underrated skill-set of all-time. He definitely deserves a mention.

From a skillset point of view I'd say it's GSP. If you consider other intangibles it'd have to be someone else, because GSP lacks toughness.

And yeah, as the poster above me pointed out Lyoto is a good candidate for most well-rounded.

Back