MOST UNDER RATED BEAT DOWN IN UFC HISTORY

both of anderson silva's wins over rich franklin were pretty brutal beatdowns. rich's body was obliterated with knees in the clinch, and his nose was rearranged.
They weren't an under rated beatdown though.

Hmm. Damn OP.. This ones a tough one for me because all of the ones that stick out should be well noted.

Off the top of my head Mir vs Lesnar II, Penn vs Sanchez, Diaz vs Penn

Possibly Whittaker vs Brunson, or Weidman vs Rockhold.

OH I SEE ... old Randy's fights count.

old Nog and Fedor loses don't.
Randy started fighting in 1997 and Nogueira started fighting in 1999. They're from the exact same era with identical mileage.
Nog/Randy isn't a young blood vs old blood kind of fight. They were both old.

Texiera vs Maldonado

That is one tough dude.

Also as a bonus...that little Japanese boxer that Hunto used as a focus mitt for about 20 minutes in Pride.

Randy started fighting in 1997 and Nogueira started fighting in 1999. They're from the exact same era with identical mileage.
Nog/Randy isn't a young blood vs old blood kind of fight. They were both old.

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way.

Its a combination of wars and physical age.

Do you think someone coming into MMA at age 50 would do totally fine just because they never fought in their 20s, 30s or 40s?

This one kinda flew under the radar but it was a complete beatdown

giphy.gif

leqW30.gif

giphy.gif

GadelhaGuillotine.gif

tumblr_owptps8sPg1udfb8oo2_500.gif

AndradeWin.gif

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way.

Its a combination of wars and physical age.

Do you think someone coming into MMA at age 50 would do totally fine just because they never fought in their 20s, 30s or 40s?
Worked for Herschel Walker.

Mileage and the amount of time fighting is absolutely the most important aspect of determining a fighters coming decline. It's why guys like DC are able to compete in their 40s, because he started when he was exactly 30 years old, while guys like Stefan Struve at the age of 31 should probably retire because he's been getting knocked the fuck out professionally since he was 17 years old.

Thompson VS Diaz was another one. Never Seen either Diaz get murked like that.
josh-thomson-nate-diaz-finish.gif

Ya thats right, I forgot about that one. Diaz has been on the wrong side of quite a few beatdowns

What ever happened to Thompson?

Edgar swanson
Jds cain 3
Belcher paul Harris

Glover mauling Maldanado. Yikes.

edit: beat me to it

Texiera vs Maldonado

That is one tough dude.

Also as a bonus...that little Japanese boxer that Hunto used as a focus mitt for about 20 minutes in Pride.

It's not underrated but Miocic-Hunt was one of the most prolonged one sided brutal beatdowns I have ever seen.

That referee was inept and I have never seen him in another UFC fight so good.

Fuck are you on about?

The guy didn't even start fighting until like 36 mate.........he wasn't anything like we see today but he was legit and beat some monsters in dominant fashion. He was a catalyst for shaping MMA popularity and growing the sport.

Show some respect to a true legend mate - and I'm not even a general fan of his.
this is a fair assessment. no he couldn't have beaten Fedor, but for the time he could hang with quite a few people. I would even call the Nog fight a "beatdown" but it was definitely pretty one-sided. Randy hung in there.

Woodley vs Jay Hieron - it was over in 36 seconds. Brutal knockout where Hieron was out cold and getting blasted with his head against canvas. He never fought again.

Last edited:
Ya thats right, I forgot about that one. Diaz has been on the wrong side of quite a few beatdowns

What ever happened to Thompson?
He dropped 3 straight decisions after the Nate fight and then went to Bellator. His last fight was in 2017. Lost by KO to Patricky Freire.

Fuck are you on about?

The guy didn't even start fighting until like 36 mate.........he wasn't anything like we see today but he was legit and beat some monsters in dominant fashion. He was a catalyst for shaping MMA popularity and growing the sport.

Show some respect to a true legend mate - and I'm not even a general fan of his.

Id imagine it's easy to hate on Randy if you became a fan after he'd already retired.

Simple, whats a fight that doesnt get enough love as far as the level of beat down that it was.

I will start

qragzm.gif

Big nog beat the FUCK out of randy. On the feet, on the ground. I cant beleive randy survived some of that shit! This wasnt too long after people were thinking randy had a chance vs fedor. This was a true beat down lol..

and since i cant do captian america like that..ill give honorable mention to handy vs GG.

Eh...

While Nog clearly won... Randy arguably won a round and was competitive for the most part...

Again, Nog showed he was the more skilled fighter... But Randy wasn’t getting smashed all over the place and had some moments..

But i see it from your point as well...

I don’t recall exactly... But this was technically 2 top-10, maybe even top-5-7-ish HW’s at the time... In theory, should have been a bit more competitive.. But Nog was able to show a clear gap between the two at that time...

lol pudgy Fedro comes in swinging his arms all crazy. Jones at 235-240 would destroy Fedro

Eh...That’s the current version of Fedor...

During the prime of his Pride reign... He grappled much more and his speed, timing and durability were much better...

While I agree Jones would be/should the favorite and wins more often then not...

I think the best version of Fedor is capable of beating Jones...

But one for one - single fight... I’d bet the house on Jones..

Randy is, at this moment, still tied for having the most UFC HW championships and UFC HW championship defenses in the history of the UFC.

It’s tough for people that look at the number of losses and think there’s no way he was that good... and that win matched up with other HW greats.. he didn’t stack up... Nog, Barnett, Ricco..

And they don’t think his name belongs with HWs like Fedor, Nog, Werdum, Barnett, etc...

And think that he was put into title fights due to popularity...

I don’t necessarily believe that...

he was put into fights usually to be a “name”/ quality fighter to get beat by the eventual champ... and more often then not, he would win those fights.. and earned his place..

When you look at the wins he has at LHW and HW... I believe it’s hard to call him overrated...

I was at the Sylvia fight in Columbus with my ol lady.... Honestly... pretty amazing experience live

Just my opinion...

JDS vs. Roy Nelson.

Felt bad for Nelson, I like both guys, but both should retire.

Eh...That’s the current version of Fedor...

During the prime of his Pride reign... He grappled much more and his speed, timing and durability were much better...

While I agree Jones would be/should the favorite and wins more often then not...

I think the best version of Fedor is capable of beating Jones...

But one for one - single fight... I’d bet the house on Jones..

I was having this conversation with a colleague the other day. I overheard a couple of them saying Stipe would beat Jones and Jones wouldn't have the same success at HW and they could be right... I asked them that exact question, If you had to bet your savings on any fighter against Jones who are you taking. They both smiled and said, "Jones" lol

I personally dont think he is the best fighter he just has the most difficult style to contend with. You take him down which is difficult enough, he IS getting back up quickly. If he takes you down you will eat devastating elbows and likely aren't getting up easy, and he seems to be very difficult to content with because of his reach. He is just a super unique fighter.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back