Most touching moment in mma history? Nick throwing in towel

Lol, first page and I've already lol'd four times.

Quality thread.

MetallicClassicGlobefish.gif
What is up with that lady? I couldn't go around playing grabass with Holly Holm.

Getting slapped by Inoki is a sign of respect and good luck. Basically, the harder he slaps you, the higher he regards you / the more you are being "blessed":

Highlights are Ricco Rodriguez, Alexander Otsuka, a tiny Japanese woman, Gary Goodridge, and Goodridge's wife (@1:28).

And sometimes when we touch
The honesty's too much
And I have to close my eyes
And hide
I want to hold you till I die
Till we both break down and cry
I want to hold you till the fear in me subsides

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that dude is a famous wrestler and it's sorta an honor for him to slap you.

I felt really bad for Jose when the locker room footage was released after Mcgregor dropped him. That was a really shitty move IMO

Nick throws in the towel for his little brother in the James Thompson fight. Normally guys as tough as the Diaz brothers are given every opportunity to recover but the brother love showed in this fight. I honestly knew it was Nick that threw in the towel from the get go so I teared up afterwards and till this day I think about it and I can just cry my eyeballs out.

What about you? Any other touching moments? Like when Serra and Hughes hugged after their fight with each other. Amazing moment. This kinda stuff is so moving.

Man for a second there I thought there had been a Ninja vs Sergei type fight that I had somehow never heard of.

But you mean Josh Thomson not James Thompson. The latter being a 6'5, 260lb heavyweight:

17944.jpg

Back