Most touching moment in mma history? Nick throwing in towel

josh-koscheck-eye.png
B-_Cj_2U0AA7ejs.jpg

Nice, you finally learned the difference between the Diaz's.

This is a weak troll attempt, even for you Stephanie B. You didn't rustle a single jimmy.

Nick throws in the towel for his little brother in the James Thompson fight. Normally guys as tough as the Diaz brothers are given every opportunity to recover but the brother love showed in this fight. I honestly knew it was Nick that threw in the towel from the get go so I teared up afterwards and till this day I think about it and I can just cry my eyeballs out.

What about you? Any other touching moments? Like when Serra and Hughes hugged after their fight with each other. Amazing moment. This kinda stuff is so moving.

I cry every time I see Wand hold a puppy, I cry when shogun reads poetry, when Matt Hughes gives GSP a foot massage... theres so many things in mma that make me cry. How bout you?

When the spider went down on two knees in relief and joy after besting Chael the second time around and having his kids join him in the middle of the ring in tears.

Theres a video floating around of this guy who has no arms or legs but thought hey lets try mma. I find it very touching in a smh kinda way. Its clear his opponent who has all of his limbs is taking it easy which is sort of touching in an awww kind of way.
Similarly theres an interview of Newell announcing his retirement basically due to his body breaking down in training and hes clearly emotional about it. Ive always been curious about that dudes ceiling had he had both arms.

i think someone who has no arms or legs trying to fight is an idiot,and whoever fought him is an idiot,and whoever put him on the card is an idiot,and whoever paid to see it is an idiot.

Mir did cry back on TUF 8. I think it's part of the special features of the dvd set. Dave kaplan had just lost (to nover, I think), and he and mir were kinda deflated, just sitting in the locker room.

Kaplan cut right through the disappointment/tension and paid mir such a great compliment, essentially calling him a champ/legend. As he left the room, you can see that it overwhelmed Mir and put him to tears.

It's (sorry, alpha-bros) actually one of the sweetest things I've ever seen in the mma realm. I don't know why it wasn't included on the regular episode (unless I'm totally wrong and it was).

This is clearly not recent, but I still can't find the video on the net so I'll just use this descriptive post.

i think someone who has no arms or legs trying to fight is an idiot,and whoever fought him is an idiot,and whoever put him on the card is an idiot,and whoever paid to see it is an idiot.
Tell that to his face.

Back