Most talented Heavyweight fighter in the UFC ?

Cain. Fantastic cage control, solid technically striking, awesome wrestling, and wicked ground and pound. The only thing he doesn't do is submit, would rather punish you with relentless ground and pound.

I think mindset & good coaching make skills acquire faster than talent. Sometimes you see freak talented specimens who never go anywhere. I think it's because they don't have the mindset or coaches to become elite. Once in a great while you get a GSP or a Jon Jones who has both, freak talent & good mindset.

Well I 100% agree on your 2 examples of "talent" in UFC history. Jones could seemingly do it all very early on in his career and GSP basically learned to be the best mma wrestler in the world on the job with no base.

I think talent is a more subjective term than skilled tbh. I think Werdum is a lot more talented than for example, Rolles Gracie but you're right he has a much better mindset and has had much better mma coaching over the years too, obviously.

tumblr_mv8oblzJjA1sgmy05o1_400.gif

I'm going no with Werdum. His striking has come a very long way in the past five years. His BJJ record speaks for itself

Right now ruslan magomedov for sure

But in history uf ufc, bas rutten was the unbeatable Goat

Overeem probably. Everyone else, including Cain, has pretty pitiful technique. Cain has great activity, but seriously. His technique is not good. His work rate makes up for it. Current HW champ has the head movement of a fucking tree. Former HW champ before him has the striking ability of Matt Riddle combined with Ronda.

Overeem, its the intangibles that hold him back, mostly being blessed with a welterweight chin.

Struve are actually very talented

6 ft 11inch height and 84.5inch reach, good kickboxing and submissions

My first thought was Cain.

Also (a lot of people will probably hate on this, but...) Mark Hunt. Only because I know guys that trained with him in the very early days. They all say that back when Mark had barely trained at all, he would still hold his own against experienced guys in the gym, also that once he started training a bit, he took over very quickly. That's talent.

Back