Most talented Heavyweight fighter in the UFC ?

Cain easily.

Top notch cardio, top notch ground game, top notch striking.

Only time Cain can be beaten is after an injury + layoff.

Close second, even though he is over the hill is Werdum. Also amazing in all aspects.

JDS/Stipe would be third followed by Ben/Overeem.

So if everyone was undamaged and in-prime the list would be :

1. Cain
2. Werdum
3. JDS
4. Stipe
5. Ben
6. Overeem
7 Roy/Hunt

giphy.gif

Werdum is the only HW talent with World Champion credentials in a sport outside MMA.
Yeah I'd have to go with doom as well. Cain is super talented too at getting injured.

Werdum is the only HW talent with World Champion credentials in a sport outside MMA.

Love Werdum, but who is Alistair Overeem?

Also isn't Barnett a Mundials winner?

Werdum according to my definition of talented. I do love bjj tho

in the ufc it would have to be Cain. Sylvia and Rodriguez, frank Mir, some of the old school guys put on some awesome fights but didn't put everything together like Cain does.

Brock.

Most of the talent will be completely unrealized though.

People are confusing talent with skill in this thread.

Talent is natural, skill is learned.

Fedor was never particularly talented, but he was highly skilled, with an iron will.

I would say Arlovski is one of if not the most naturally talented Heavyweights I have ever seen. The guy has the speed and agility of a Welterweight. Never quite put it all together, but wow, what an athlete.
Say what you will about him, Hunto always seemed to me the damn definition of talent. He was essentially scooped up off the street with no training and thrown into the ring.

My votes for JDS. He's been in some wars

Say what you will about him, Hunto always seemed to me the damn definition of talent. He was essentially scooped up off the street with no training and thrown into the ring.

Dat Samoan Warrior gene

agreed. but i would lean more towards him being skilled.

Without a doubt I think he's the most skilled, especially considering the evolution of his striking over the last few years. "Talented" depending on how you look at it I could see an argument for others.

People are confusing talent with skill in this thread.

Talent is natural, skill is learned.

Fedor was never particularly talented, but he was highly skilled, with an iron will.

I would say Arlovski is one of if not the most naturally talented Heavyweights I have ever seen. The guy has the speed and agility of a Welterweight. Never quite put it all together, but wow, what an athlete.

Not disagreeing, but doesn't talent enable people to obtain skill faster than others? Just putting it out there.

Not disagreeing, but doesn't talent enable people to obtain skill faster than others? Just putting it out there.

I think mindset & good coaching make skills acquire faster than talent. Sometimes you see freak talented specimens who never go anywhere. I think it's because they don't have the mindset or coaches to become elite. Once in a great while you get a GSP or a Jon Jones who has both, freak talent & good mindset.

Back