Most talented Heavyweight fighter in the UFC ?

Well in a few years and if he gets a better camp too... Francis "The freak" Ngannou

Fedor is the GOAT. I'm sorry those words hurt you.

e6997e73_heart-attack.gif

Tell that to the cores of a can crushing series gone bad. Can't even beat cans anymore. Ufc mw > Fedor

Well I 100% agree on your 2 examples of "talent" in UFC history. Jones could seemingly do it all very early on in his career and GSP basically learned to be the best mma wrestler in the world on the job with no base.

I think talent is a more subjective term than skilled tbh. I think Werdum is a lot more talented than for example, Rolles Gracie but you're right he has a much better mindset and has had much better mma coaching over the years too, obviously.

I think "talent" refers to an athlete with "god given talent " per say. Skill can be taught. You can be taught to fire a cross bow and efficiently in four maybe five hours. To be world class is another thing all together.

Checkout "talent is overrated" book. It discusses the elements of skill and talent. Athletes like tiger or Jordan, Gretzky are examples of "talent." The book then argues, excusing them as just talented removes the process of becoming world class which took accumulative amount of time practicing before reaching greatness. Another book depicts the rule/law of 10,000 hours to acquire world class status.

Practice equates to a process that leads to success. Feet hitting the floor doing road work training for a big fight is the sound of success. It's a series of events that lead to the causality.

Last edited:
Back