Most Situps?

CoutureFan16

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys, today in school we did the situps test to the pacer (tape that tells you up/down) and I got 628. That was the most out of everyone this year so far and 8th on the all time list at my school. Whats the most situps you have ever done at one time?

I've never tried as many as I could do at one time, but when I was in the Army I did 96 in 2 minutes. Not the best, I'm sure, but I blew the other guys in my section away.

I have no idea, but I am pretty sure I can do a lot (which is more than a little). What sort of situps though? Did someone hold your feet? How far did you come up? Did your shoulders touch for each rep? How fast did you do them?

The most I eve did in a row was when I first watched Dragon, The Bruce Lee story and I did 235, that was in 1999, I was sore for a week and a half afterwards.

Most recently I did 56 sit-ups in 60 seconds.

My friend was standing on my feet, not sure of the pace, its pretty quick tho. "up..down..up..down" like if you read that " up dot dot down dot dot up......" thats kinda how it is, maybe just a lil slower. Im not jacked tho, I do not have a 6 pack whatsoever, so a picture wouldnt do me much justice haha. Ill show ya one tho, this is from my last jiu jitsu tournament, Im the one in the black underarmour.
Tournaments

CoutureFan16 said:
My friend was standing on my feet, not sure of the pace, its pretty quick tho. "up..down..up..down" like if you read that " up dot dot down dot dot up......" thats kinda how it is, maybe just a lil slower. Im not jacked tho, I do not have a 6 pack whatsoever, so a picture wouldnt do me much justice haha. Ill show ya one tho, this is from my last jiu jitsu tournament, Im the one in the black underarmour.
Tournaments

That's really good, sounds like about 1 rep every 2-3 seconds, about 20-30 minutes to finish. That's good endurance, not everyone can do that. Did you train for it? and how's your pushups/pullups?

my big toe said:
That's really good, sounds like about 1 rep every 2-3 seconds, about 20-30 minutes to finish. That's good endurance, not everyone can do that. Did you train for it? and how's your pushups/pullups?

I did 3 pullups at about the same pace, and I did 25 pushups. Big difference between those numbers and my situps, right? I did 8 dips at that pace also. I didn't train at all for any of this. The class Im taking is called Fit 4 Life, and right now we are just doing inititial testing. Once we are done all the testing we will be working out for the rest of the semester until we test at the end and see how much we have improved. The only thing thats gonna give me trouble is the situps, bc you have to improve in everything or your grade is effected. My ass is killing me right now guys, I practically wore a hole in my ass where my tailbone is. I was on a pad too, and it still did that, I guess its just cause I did so many.

Well when I say I dont train, I dont specifically train for this, but I do jiu jitsu/sub grappling so Im sure that doesnt hurt. I lost alot of weight since starting that a year ago and have become alot stronger, cardio got better, and Im just overall alot more fit.

I remember back in junior high we did a test like that, i.e. push-ups, sit-ups, pull-ups, timed runs. I don't remember how I did. It was quite a while ago. I know that there was only one kid in class that could actually do even one pull-up.

Yeah, we must have been a class of wusses. Of course, the kid only weighed like 50 lbs. Actually, I don't know how much he weighed, but for our age it wasn't a heck of a lot.

Luckily, I can actually do pull-ups, now.

you look like a young dan henderson.

thats a lot of situps, now add some weight.

Seriously Coutorefan if you have to improve -that- situp result to get a better grade thats some serious injustice going on there. Try and talk to the teacher about it or something... Seriously doing that many crunches to often cant be good for you..;)

I don't think that he ever said that it was for a grade or that, if it was, that he didn't get a good grade, did he?

He said in a later post that they had to improve all their results to get a good grade. In my eyes it sounds sick that you should have to improve a result where you are whey over the other students.
First its simply just stupid and second it is easy to get a good grade, just make sure you dont strain yourself the first time you do it...;)

Oh...WOW. I guess I missed that post. That gym teacher is nuts if he's going to make Coturefan improve on that, he's just plain sadistic.

Back