Most promising potential - Conor McGregor or Khabib Nurmagomedov?

Khabib. He was able to get past the wet blanket career ruining abilities of Gleison Tibau, a tough feat in its own.

Add to that his KO of Tavares and his UD over Pat Healy and I'd say this guy is primed for stardom.

He's also currently 7-7-7 with KOs, Subs and Decisions with 0 losses.

Hahahah wow, people are really buying into Khabib. Will be fun to watch that one crash and burn

Pro tip: his striking is worse than very bad.

I believe McGregor would beat Khabib at 155 now. He is more well rounded, light years ahead in striking.

hahahahhHAHAAAAAAA

Yeah broooo so funny

There would be a pretty even split as far as picks if that fight happened

Khabib. I like Conor way more, but I honestly think Khabib could take the current champ in his weight-class, and there's no way Conor could say the same.

Conor, easily. Khabib has great TD's and grappling with KO power but the way he darts in and out with those punches is just asking to get KTFO'd. A guy like Conor would do it to him. Watch the Healy fight over again and tell me that Khabib's striking is "sound"? It's really terrible, still. Conor, however, isn't easy to take down anymore (he could've improved as much as Alex Gustafsson did, a striker himself, since he was last taken down), is a FAR better athlete than Khabib (Conor is a freak athlete), and his striking is lightyears better with even more KO power. His footwork, movement, striking, conditioning, speed, power and creativity - all in Conor's favor.

If these two fight and Khabib can't get Conor down then he's getting T/KO'd. Khabib has a long way to go with the striking and footwork aspects. McGregor is more promising as a prospect right now. Compare where Khabib was at to Conor now in their UFC careers (in just 2 fights for Conor) and you be the judge.

as much as i like conor and give him the advantage standing, khabib would dominate for 3 rounds on the ground or sub him.

Khabib has fought much tougher competition. Definitly think him.

I can not see how this comparison makes sense atm. Khabib has had his chance to showcase his entire repertoire, and he obviously has all the assets to become a champion in 2014.

Conor, easily. Khabib has great TD's and grappling with KO power but the way he darts in and out with those punches is just asking to get KTFO'd. A guy like Conor would do it to him. Watch the Healy fight over again and tell me that Khabib's striking is "sound"? It's really terrible, still. Conor, however, isn't easy to take down anymore (he could've improved as much as Alex Gustafsson did, a striker himself, since he was last taken down), is a FAR better athlete than Khabib (Conor is a freak athlete), and his striking is lightyears better with even more KO power. His footwork, movement, striking, conditioning, speed, power and creativity - all in Conor's favor.

If these two fight and Khabib can't get Conor down then he's getting T/KO'd. Khabib has a long way to go with the striking and footwork aspects. McGregor is more promising as a prospect right now. Compare where Khabib was at to Conor now in their UFC careers (in just 2 fights for Conor) and you be the judge.
Yeah, his striking is so vicious that he had to take Max Holloway down.

Dude, are you Conor's father or something? You talk him up so much, yet he only has 2 wins in the UFC over fighters that aren't close to elite.

Conor is the goat.
Future titleholder of two belts - fw + lw.

as much as i like conor and give him the advantage standing, khabib would dominate for 3 rounds on the ground or sub him.

Yeah, Jones was supposed to do that to Gustafsson, remember? Either sub him or GnP him for a T/KO. That didn't work out too well though, did it? Want to know why? Alex is a great athlete, strong (as is Conor), has a good base, trained wrestling and his TDD, and his footwork and movement made it nearly impossible for Jones to set up his TD's (which his coach just talked about on the SRN, front page news). I was calling this to happen well before they even fought (Alex's footwork and movement making Jones' TD's very ineffective). Conor's speed, movement and footwork are great too and he could keep Khabib away from him with straight punches and kicks to the face and kneecaps (oblique kicks). Not only could Khabib not be able to set up a shot for a TD, he wouldn't be able to close the distance to safely clinch with Conor while he was striking and backpedaling or circling. Conor also fights off his back foot well and can T/KO guys backpedaling like Chuck did (see: Brimage fight).

Khabib just came off of a big win which already proves the kid is legit, and Mcgregor is as exciting of a fighter to watch as you can get. So they both have great potential. I think the main difference between the two is that they both have two different skill sets. Mcgregor has a legitimate boxing background and is technically more proficient than Khabib, but Khabib has incredible grappling accolades and is a beast on the ground.

With that being said, I see Mcgregor having the best chances of winning a title and getting to the top faster than Khabib does. Khabib is in the best and toughest division in the UFC, on the other hand, I believe the only real threat Mcgregor has to worry about at 145 is Aldo, who is most likely going to be moving up to 155 at some point.

Either way it should be fun to see how they develop.

Khabib without a doubt.

328.gif

Khabib is gonna have the title one day so I say that's promising.

McGregor is cool cause he went from zero to hero overnight and got to have money for the first time in his life.

He beat the shit out of Holloway. He was tagging him left and right, taking his time too. He wanted to show that he can do more than just strike, he showed he has a ground game. You act like Holloway was getting the better of him in the standup which is why he had to take him down. :icon_lol: Conor tore his ACL (a complete tear), sprained his MCL and also hurt his Meniscus after trying to pull his leg out of Holloway's half guard. Most men wouldn't be able to stand, let alone finish a fight. He was able to do this and kicked Holloway's ass, easily. His striking is some of the most vicious (and most technically sound in the sport), his boxing especially. Why else do you think people are so high on him and all of the striking experts, analysts and any non-biased fighter agrees? He has serious KO power, awesome timing, great footwork, movement, athleticism, conditioning, speed and striking. Argue it until you're blue in the face though.

Khabib, wayyy more than McGrwho

Dude, are you Conor's father or something? You talk him up so much, yet he only has 2 wins in the UFC over fighters that aren't close to elite.

Retard alert.. He had a torn ACL when he took Holloway down.

Back