Most overrated fighters?

You do realize that calling someone "the people's champion" has nothing to do with deserving the actual championship right ? So there's no overrating material there.Its about being a better sportsman and an example as a good person (!)

Nah, these same people call him "the rightful champion" and that he "arguably" won the fight.

Ain't no arguing with the belt being around the GOAT's waist, son.

Roy nelson and korean zombie are most overrated fighters in ufc hands down

Nah, these same people call him "the rightful champion" and that he "arguably" won the fight.

He did "arguably" won the fight,same as Jones.

Plus UFC's rankings decide if a fighter is overrated or nah,not the thoughts of people in Sherdog.

If the factor was what people here say,there are at least 20 "extremely overrated" fighters in UFC right now.

I don't agree with the fact that you put Gus up there. He gave Jones a run for his money and, in my opinion, almost beat him.

In your opinion who are the most overrated ranked fighters?

#4 Raphael Assuncao
#6 Takeya Mizugaki
#1 Rafael Dos Anjos
#6 Matt Brown
#1 Alexander Gustafsson

I believe there are lower ranked fighters that would have their way with these fighters.
Your thoughts?

Jon Jones

In your opinion who are the most overrated ranked fighters?

#4 Raphael Assuncao
#6 Takeya Mizugaki
#1 Rafael Dos Anjos
#6 Matt Brown
#1 Alexander Gustafsson

I believe there are lower ranked fighters that would have their way with these fighters.
Your thoughts?

Regarding your 2nd point, rankings are based on what has happened.
Yea, Assuncao and Mizugaki have a lot of mileage on them and might not be at this level much longer.
Mizugaki is a "cutoff" fighter; he loses to the elites, but he is the guy that proves whether a BW is a contender or not.
Assuncao has a little bit of a grinding style, but the guy was a contender at FW a few years ago (lost to Faber), and then he does have a close win over the champ at BW, how is that overrated?

I agree with you on Matt Brown; I think he faced lower level competition and ended up high in the rankings for it (kind of like Hardy and Bisping back when people thought they were contenders).

Dos Anjos is ranked #1 by the UFC Rankings. Most intelligent people would rank him lower than Khabib, since he lost to Khabib and Khabib is undefeated. So you still gotta put him at 2, at worst, 4.
(he has some early losses when he was green, but the guy is an animal now)

Gus? Beat Shogun, beat Thiago Silva, KO'd Manuwa.
I guess Janitor and Hamill were past their prime, but he beat them too.
He only has that old loss to Phil Davis, and considering how he hung with Jones, I think its a safe bet that Gus could destroy Davis now.
Who else beats Gus at LHW? Maybe Johnson? We'll find out.
You can't favor any LHW besides Bones over Gus right now.

Yea, Assuncao and Mizugaki have a lot of mileage on them and might not be at this level much longer.
Mizugaki is a "cutoff" fighter; he loses to the elites, but he is the guy that proves whether a BW is a contender or not.
Assuncao has a little bit of a grinding style, but the guy was a contender at FW a few years ago (lost to Faber), and then he does have a close win over the champ at BW, how is that overrated?

I agree with you on Matt Brown; I think he faced lower level competition and ended up high in the rankings for it (kind of like Hardy and Bisping back when people thought they were contenders).

Dos Anjos is ranked #1 by the UFC Rankings. Most intelligent people would rank him lower than Khabib, since he lost to Khabib and Khabib is undefeated. So you still gotta put him at 2, at worst, 4.

He only has that old loss to Phil Davis, and considering how he hung with Jones, I think its a safe bet that Gus could destroy Davis now.

Thats the problem with Gus.. only in 1 meaningful fight did he look really good. I mean, the way Jones went through Shogun vs. the boring fight with Gus?? Who is Jimmy Manuwa? Jones beats Glover and DC while Gus sits around and beats Jimmy Manuwa?? Again, who is Jimmy Manuwa and why is a top 3 fighter fighting him??

Gus lost to Phil Davis, who might be one of the worst LHW in terms of striking.

Jones has beaten them all.. Gus hasn't beaten anyone that has impressed me.. AJ, thats a good fight, and I am excited to see what he does.

Many of the mma media thought that Dillashaw won that fight 29-28. Takeya's best win is Caraway (who hasn't beaten a ranked fighter). I'm not saying Dos Anjos is bad but Khabib should be #1. Unfortunately it seems he will have to fight Cerrone to get the next title shot, making it his 7th win in a row if he wins. Everyone seems to think that Gus would annhilate Davis now; iirc Davis is one of the best fighters at not getting hit (70% striking def or so), and Gus didn't land one strike in their first fight.

I don't agree with the fact that you put Gus up there. He gave Jones a run for his money and, in my opinion, almost beat him.

What kind of an opinion is that.. Like there could be an opinion Gus didnt "almost beat him".

Many of the mma media thought that Dillashaw won that fight 29-28. Takeya's best win is Caraway (who hasn't beaten a ranked fighter). I'm not saying Dos Anjos is bad but Khabib should be #1. Unfortunately it seems he will have to fight Cerrone to get the next title shot, making it his 7th win in a row if he wins. Everyone seems to think that Gus would annhilate Davis now; iirc Davis is one of the best fighters at not getting hit (70% striking def or so), and Gus didn't land one strike in their first fight.

All true, but regarding Gus: WAY long time ago.

If people think Dos Anjos should just be rated lower than Khabib, that's fine.
Overrated implies that he's WAY out of the correct rating.

And with Assunacao, since you bring up the MMA media in the TJ fight, let's say that the MMA media probably ranks Khabib higher than dos Anjos. That was a Zuffa trick.
And regardless of what the MMA Media or anyone thinks, we rank based on RESULTS.
Assuncao BEAT TJ.
GSP BEAT Rigg.
Machida BEAT Shogun in the first fight.
Rankings are based on results.

Zuffa's rankings mean jack. They don't indicate if someone is overrated.

Gus COULD prove to be the best LHW ability wise, but he's overrated right now compared to what he's actually done so agree there.

Similarly, Cain should rightfully be considered the best fighter in the world until proven otherwise, but people overrate him by calling him a 'dominant champion' when he has really only beaten 3 elite fighters in JDS, Brock and Bigfoot. He's not close to Jones or Aldo in showing dominance over his division and it's very possible out of Werdum, Stipe, Browne, Hunt etc. one or more could beat him, yet many consider him unbeatable.

Sara McMann is slightly overrated in that many believe she's clearly the 2nd or 3rd best WBW when she's never fought an elite other than Ronda and struggled to beat Lauren Murphy and Shayna Baszler.

But Holly Holm is more overrated than all 3 of those and Conor put together.

Lol who cares who if Cain didn't defend the belt against the greatest fighters? Cain and JDS actually had to fight monsters to get to the belt (unlike Brock, Couture and Carwin). Cain beat Rothwell and Rothwell has been beating the fuck out of guys who would get a title shot with a 2-3 win streak. He beat Nog when Nog was looking fresh after dominating Couture and Kongo when Kongo was on a 3 win streak and was on his way to title shot.

Who else is Cain supposed to fight besides Werdum? All the guys with hype keep getting derailed: Stipe, Reem, Browne, Hunt, etc. Bigfoot, JDS and Doom keep weeding out the weak and Cain keeps beating JDS and Bigfoot. Its pretty much Cain against Brazil and there's only one Brazilian left.

So who is Cain supposed to beat to not be over rated when he's clearly above everyone except maybe 2 guys (and he already beat one of those two)?

JDS is another one who wouldn't have to defend his belt against many "elite" fighters to be considered one of the dominant champs / GOATs since he already beat his competition without the belt.

I just don't see how champions can be considered "hype trains" or "over rated" around here except for maybe Serra and Brock who didn't earn their title shot and guys like Chuck, Couture, Arlovski, Mir and Sylvia who were big fish in small ponds.

But any post SF-UFC merger champion @ HW can't be over rated and any post UFC-Pride LHW / MW champion can't be over rated. Fucking dumbass fans.

All that's left for Cain is Doom and that's it. Unless someone beats Doom (if Doom loses to Cain) or JDS, they shouldn't get near a title shot and the fact that Cain beat these two just adds to his dominance. Similar to Fedor, Nog, CroCop trinity.

Back