Most overrated fighters?

BobSappIsGOAT

White Belt
Reaction score
In your opinion who are the most overrated ranked fighters?

#4 Raphael Assuncao
#6 Takeya Mizugaki
#1 Rafael Dos Anjos
#6 Matt Brown
#1 Alexander Gustafsson

I believe there are lower ranked fighters that would have their way with these fighters.
Your thoughts?

Was wondering when one of these threads was gonna pop up again. We're over halfway through January.

How is Gus remotely overrated? He's the only guy to ever bust up JBJ.

Yes he performed well against Jones, but that was also one of Jones' worst performances to date. You could say he underestimated Gus but I'm betting the house on Jones to finish the next fight and I HATE Jones. IMO Cormier, Rumble and Rashad give Gus problems.

Currently I would say:

Travis Browne

Anthony Johnson

Hector Lombard

I dont agree with that list at all. Those guys are severely underrated. Except for Gus

trash talk aside, Conor is a very skilled fighter. I wish the UFC didn't drop the ball with the matchmaking and had him fight the likes of Lamas, Edgar, Mendes before a titleshot.

Yeah last night should of really been a number one contender bout between conor and frankie

Gus COULD prove to be the best LHW ability wise, but he's overrated right now compared to what he's actually done so agree there.

Similarly, Cain should rightfully be considered the best fighter in the world until proven otherwise, but people overrate him by calling him a 'dominant champion' when he has really only beaten 3 elite fighters in JDS, Brock and Bigfoot. He's not close to Jones or Aldo in showing dominance over his division and it's very possible out of Werdum, Stipe, Browne, Hunt etc. one or more could beat him, yet many consider him unbeatable.

Sara McMann is slightly overrated in that many believe she's clearly the 2nd or 3rd best WBW when she's never fought an elite other than Ronda and struggled to beat Lauren Murphy and Shayna Baszler.

But Holly Holm is more overrated than all 3 of those and Conor put together.

Melendez
Shogun
Jury
Condit
Bisping
Saint-Preux
Hunt

I dont agree with that list at all. Those guys are severely underrated. Except for Gus

It is my own personal opinion. And I do believe there are lower ranked fighters who could beat them.
Mcdonald>Assuncao
Wineland>Mizugaki
Nurmagomedov,Melendez>RDA
Gastelum, Maia>Brown

Machida is consistently the most overrated fighter in the UFC

None of those guys are overrated.

Back