Most overrated fighters?

Lol who cares who if Cain didn't defend the belt against the greatest fighters? Cain and JDS actually had to fight monsters to get to the belt (unlike Brock, Couture and Carwin). Cain beat Rothwell and Rothwell has been beating the fuck out of guys who would get a title shot with a 2-3 win streak. He beat Nog when Nog was looking fresh after dominating Couture and Kongo when Kongo was on a 3 win streak and was on his way to title shot.

Who else is Cain supposed to fight besides Werdum? All the guys with hype keep getting derailed: Stipe, Reem, Browne, Hunt, etc. Bigfoot, JDS and Doom keep weeding out the weak and Cain keeps beating JDS and Bigfoot. Its pretty much Cain against Brazil and there's only one Brazilian left.

So who is Cain supposed to beat to not be over rated when he's clearly above everyone except maybe 2 guys (and he already beat one of those two)?

JDS is another one who wouldn't have to defend his belt against many "elite" fighters to be considered one of the dominant champs / GOATs since he already beat his competition without the belt.

I just don't see how champions can be considered "hype trains" or "over rated" around here except for maybe Serra and Brock who didn't earn their title shot and guys like Chuck, Couture, Arlovski, Mir and Sylvia who were big fish in small ponds.

But any post SF-UFC merger champion @ HW can't be over rated and any post UFC-Pride LHW / MW champion can't be over rated. Fucking dumbass fans.

All that's left for Cain is Doom and that's it. Unless someone beats Doom (if Doom loses to Cain) or JDS, they shouldn't get near a title shot and the fact that Cain beat these two just adds to his dominance. Similar to Fedor, Nog, CroCop trinity.

You can't hold who he's fought against him but it's overrating him when people act like he's unbeatable except for a flash KO even though he's fought a limited number of styles.

The most over overrated fighters of all time are obviously BJ Penn then randy couture.

Today there are the Diaz brothers, vitor, and maybe Cain and jds?

I'm seeing more underrated guys in this thread like RDA and Rashad Evans. Was expecting to see more Diego type choices and I hate saying that cause I'm a fan.

Bendo may be on a skid but he's a damn good quality win on the resume of RDA. People forget Rashad hit Jones with a few good shots, Rashad has grabbed a couple wins even while looking much slower with that lingering knee problem.

I don't see how Assuncao or Dos Anjos are overrated. Assuncao fought to a razor close split decision with the current champ and won. In addition, his domination of Bryan Caraway was both impressive and refreshing. As much shit as he's given, Caraway isn't an easy win.

Dos Anjos was the first man to KO Bendo, the last man to beat Cerrone who's on a 7 fight tear, and had the most convincing defeat over Nate Diaz we've probably ever seen (Bendo's was close, Josh Thomson fight was close until the finish).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back