Most overrated fighters of all time

DJ might very well be the most complete MMA fighter we've ever seen. Dude spent 95% of his career fighting larger guys and styling on them.

If anything he is underrated

This is exactly why I say he's overrated. He was in the most shallow division in the UFC and now recently got knocked out in a substandard org, yet people constantly parrot how he's the most COMPLETE fighter we've ever seen.

None of the once you listed but the right answer would be Johnny walker..

I don't understand why some are including or mentioning Ronda she was legit since she had a strong MMA fundamentals and a long time Judoka she was skilled and defended her belt 7 times. Ronda was always legit and yea she lost at the end but that doesn't take away from her legit'ness..

The weakest link on that list who is legitimately overrated is--->

Conor McGregor..

Yeah some people would say he won the Title yes he did but it was via cutting the line massively and never defending his belts just running from them. It is hard for me to view Conor as traditional MMA fighter but he was entirely something else an entertainer price fighter but not an MMA fighter. The UFC just spoon fed him. They knew themselves the man was limited so they made sure the match-ups were right and babysitted him to milk him as much as they could as they clearly knew he was limited...

Last edited:
Pat Miletich.

Bullshit split-decision "win" for the first UFC WW title and lost 3 times in other orgs during his UFC reign.

- Ronda Rousey
- Nick Diaz
- Conor McGregor
- Demetrious Johnson
- Chris Weidman
- Jon Jones *** PED
- TJ Dillashaw *** PED

Overrated fighters have been propped up by substandard competition and/or flashy victories that are later proven to have a high component of luck or have been the beneficiary of defeating aged opponents.

Who else am I missing?
<Huh2>

- Ronda Rousey
- Nick Diaz
- Conor McGregor
- Demetrious Johnson
- Chris Weidman
- Jon Jones *** PED
- TJ Dillashaw *** PED

Overrated fighters have been propped up by substandard competition and/or flashy victories that are later proven to have a high component of luck or have been the beneficiary of defeating aged opponents.

Who else am I missing?
That list sux balls

Houston Alexander. He wasn't for real.

<seedat>

In what world is Mighty Mouse overrated?

Even if you hated him, you could watch his fight against Cruz and realize he's on another level. He was beating Dom at his own game and out struck him despite being severely undersized, this was peak Cruz btw, against a developing Demetrius Johnson.
Didn't Cruz win by UD? lol

Diaz was never UFC Champ

Ronda was champ in a playground division made for her

Dana wanted to get rid of 125 division because it sucked

Weidman got a lucky KO on an aging Anderson

and Bones and Dillashaw are PED cheats so their resume doesn't mean jack.

but I do see the irony, lol
Weidman defended against Machida

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back