Most overrated fighters of all time

In what world is Mighty Mouse overrated?

Even if you hated him, you could watch his fight against Cruz and realize he's on another level. He was beating Dom at his own game and out struck him despite being severely undersized.

He lost all 5 rounds of that fight. Dom showed he was on another level. What were you even watching?

Lol at having Demetrius Johnson , Dillashaw and Jon Jones on that list . Op aint very bright

Demetrious has been spewed as "THE GREATEST MARTIAL ARTIST EVER" with impregnable technique and the whole 9 yards, then he gets STARCHED in a substandard organization in the shallowest talent pool weightclass.

TJ and Bones are only overrated because of PED's

Outside Rousey thats a bad bad list.

I think Ronda
Cyborg
Cowboy
Forrest
Bisping
Serra

Agree w/ Cyborg

Cowboy is known gatekeeper, mediocre, but nobody thinks he's great (that I'm aware of)

Bisping was a known gatekeeper but still became champion, accurately rated

Serra beat a prime GSP, enough said and people never talk him up

FlimsyImpeccableCuttlefish-max-1mb.gif

- Ronda Rousey
- Nick Diaz
- Conor McGregor
- Demetrious Johnson
- Chris Weidman
- Jon Jones *** PED
- TJ Dillashaw *** PED

Overrated fighters have been propped up by substandard competition and/or flashy victories that are later proven to have a high component of luck or have been the beneficiary of defeating aged opponents.

Based on the definition you’ve given, I wouldn’t say any of those fighters are overrated…

Maybe Diaz, but He has fought hand beaten great fighters. I would just call him overrated because a lot of people consider him to be better than he really is.

He lost all 5 rounds of that fight. Dom showed he was on another level. What were you even watching?
I watched Mighty Mouse out strike Cruz despite Cruz having 10+ min of control time lol, he was the first guy to make Cruz look uncomfortable on the feet, and this was Cruz at his peak and Dj still developing, that's what I watched.

Most overrated fighters of all-time...

***Lists all former champions
Diaz was never UFC Champ

Ronda was champ in a playground division made for her

Dana wanted to get rid of 125 division because it sucked

Weidman got a lucky KO on an aging Anderson

and Bones and Dillashaw are PED cheats so their resume doesn't mean jack.

but I do see the irony, lol

- Ronda Rousey
- Nick Diaz
- Conor McGregor
- Demetrious Johnson
- Chris Weidman
- Jon Jones *** PED
- TJ Dillashaw *** PED

Overrated fighters have been propped up by substandard competition and/or flashy victories that are later proven to have a high component of luck or have been the beneficiary of defeating aged opponents.

Who else am I missing?

Sorry dude, I rarely call another Sherdogger out, but this list is shit. None of the fighters listed are overrated. Yea, Jones and The snake are PED abusers, that is another topic for another thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's hard to discuss who is overrated or underrated without discussing who is doing the rating. Rousey is a fantastic example. Rogan was rating her at demigoddess level, and daytime tv hosts who had never watched an MMA card had discussions about whether she could beat Floyd Mayweather and Cain Velasquez. So yeah, that's insane.

But I'd say most MMA fans saw her in a much more realistic light; she was a dominant champ in a new division, and she was judo tossing DNBs left and right. I'd say that she was overrated at times by this group in that she had a few KO wins and sometimes that led people to overlook how hilariously bad her striking defense turned out to be. So, still overrated maybe, but more reasonably.

I'd argue that the fans of almost any fighter who is somewhat promising have at some level overrated them. I don't see it as a huge problem.

- Ronda Rousey
- Nick Diaz
- Conor McGregor
- Demetrious Johnson
- Chris Weidman
- Jon Jones *** PED
- TJ Dillashaw *** PED

Who else am I missing?

DJ might very well be the most complete MMA fighter we've ever seen. Dude spent 95% of his career fighting larger guys and styling on them.

If anything he is underrated

Back