Most overrated fighters of all time

Didn't Cruz win by UD? lol
Just because Cruz won a UD mainly due to sheer size and strength advantage, doesn't mean the fight wasn't revelatory of the world class ability MM had, even as a fighter far from his prime.

You could win a UD against me, winning all 5 rounds even. But if you landed 75 strikes, and I landed 70, then the fight was very competitive despite me dropping 5 rounds.

Just because Cruz won a UD mainly due to sheer size and strength advantage, doesn't mean the fight wasn't revelatory of the world class ability MM had, even as a fighter far from his prime.

You could win a UD against me, winning all 5 rounds even. But if you landed 75 strikes, and I landed 70, then the fight was very competitive despite me dropping 5 rounds.
Yeah I guess. I'll re watch it

This is exactly why I say he's overrated. He was in the most shallow division in the UFC and now recently got knocked out in a substandard org, yet people constantly parrot how he's the most COMPLETE fighter we've ever seen.
That's a really stupid argument. MMA as a sport has a very high random factor, mostly due to 5 minute rounds, small gloves and a myriad of allowed techniques. Many other sports have a high random factor, but usually there are dozens of games a year for that individual/team to rematch their opponents and even it out to win the league/cup.

That's why a few losses in MMA don't mean anything and undefeated fighters or fighters with 1-2 losses are anomalies, that doesn't mean those with a few more losses are bad.

What makes your argument ultra stupid is that you're talking about a guy who's been fighting for many years. Not only do fighters in lower weight classes don't age so well in general, but after so many years it's hard to find real motivation, especially if you were on top of the world already. So it's emotional and mental saturation with an activity here, on top of physical decline and wear and tear. Not to mention guys there are juiced to the gills. A loss at this stage of DJ's career doesn't mean shit. He was the best when it counted.

Your favorite fighter is the most overrated fighter of all time.

Everyone who loses on any given night. Most underrated are those who win, they are also the GOAT

He got ragdolled but watched it once forever ago I guess
Honestly, I remember it somewhere in the middle. Both guys had their successful moments, but Mighty Mouse was getting the better end of the exchanges. Cruz just knew how to sway the judges with grappling when he needed it.

Honda is not overrated. She's underrated if anything.

The only truly overrated famous fighter is Fedor. I mean, he was very good, but far from the greatest ever.

Michael Bisping

Rousey, Lesnar, Conor, Werdum, Stipe, Pettis, Romero, Mir.

Fedor, but just because people thought he was a mythological creature of sorts.

Also, anyone who says DJ is overrated has a intellect of a peanut.

Mighty Mouse? Really?

The current answer is Masvidal, but in that list, it has to be Nick Diaz. Good fighter for sure, but nowhere near the WW top of the food chain.

Khabib walking away acting like some GOAT after only three measly title defenses is laughable to say the least.

10 off the top of my head...

Ronda Rousey
Conor McGregor
Tony Ferguson
Charles Oliviera
Nate Diaz
Jorge Masvidal
Aljamain Sterling
Gilbert Burns
Dan Hooker
Kevin Holland

Khabib walking away acting like some GOAT after only three measly title defenses is laughable to say the least.

How did he act like a GOAT? And calling those title defenses in dominant fashion ''measly'' says a lot about your IQ levels.

Lol rent free in your ignorant low iq head.

Back