Most overrated fighters of all time

Demetrious has been spewed as "THE GREATEST MARTIAL ARTIST EVER" with impregnable technique and the whole 9 yards, then he gets STARCHED in a substandard organization in the shallowest talent pool weightclass.

TJ and Bones are only overrated because of PED's

Fucking LOL

128363.png

How did he act like a GOAT? And calling those title defenses in dominant fashion ''measly'' says a lot about your IQ levels.

Lol rent free in your ignorant low iq head.
Jones - 14 defenses
GSP - 13 defenses
Johnson - 12 defenses
Silva - 11 - defenses

Khabib - 3 measly defenses.

<{cum@me}>

Frankie Edgar. When he was lightweight champion I thought both the champions in the weight classes below him would beat him. I was proven right twice with Aldo and he never fought Cruz but my money would have been on Cruz easy.

asking for a temporary #1 P4P status which he fully deserved is hardly acting like a GOAT. lol
asking for a temporary #1 P4P spot is a step away from it lol, it was just weird imagine if Adesanya retired after his next fight and asked for P4P status

asking for a temporary #1 P4P spot is a step away from it lol, it was just weird imagine if Adesanya retired after his next fight and asked for P4P status

khabib didn't really have a choice but to retire. you're suggesting like he didn't have a valid reason to walk away.

khabib didn't really have a choice but to retire. you're suggesting like he didn't have a valid reason to walk away.
He obviously did have a choice, but I don't care that he retired, it was just weird he asked for #1 P4P status, then retired.... weird way to go out

Most overrated fighters of all-time...

***Lists all former champions
Exactly
I dont get that list, none of those fighters including Ronda fill the definition given by TS himself.
None of them had luck in their victories, some might have had aged opponents (the same opponents who were considered unbeatable 3 months prior)
Talking about weak competition, most of the fighters they beat are competitive still

On topic, even as a huge fan of his, Alexander Gustafsson was pretty overrated, Ken Shamrock back in the day

MM is a dumb ass pick. Well respected skill set by his fellow fighters. Amazing finishes and technique. Total recency bias.
Nate Diaz
Chris Wideman
Holly Holm
Brock
Colby is highly overrated right now. I think Leon and burns both beat him.
Luke rockhold
Tyron during his run
Gegard is simultaneously horribly over and underrated somehow lol
Rumble

That's a really stupid argument. MMA as a sport has a very high random factor, mostly due to 5 minute rounds, small gloves and a myriad of allowed techniques. Many other sports have a high random factor, but usually there are dozens of games a year for that individual/team to rematch their opponents and even it out to win the league/cup.

That's why a few losses in MMA don't mean anything and undefeated fighters or fighters with 1-2 losses are anomalies, that doesn't mean those with a few more losses are bad.

What makes your argument ultra stupid is that you're talking about a guy who's been fighting for many years. Not only do fighters in lower weight classes don't age so well in general, but after so many years it's hard to find real motivation, especially if you were on top of the world already. So it's emotional and mental saturation with an activity here, on top of physical decline and wear and tear. Not to mention guys there are juiced to the gills. A loss at this stage of DJ's career doesn't mean shit. He was the best when it counted.

MMA does have a very high random factor, but the lower the weightless, the lower the random factor due to the lack of knockout power. You still haven't addressed the fact that the talent pool at 125 is completely non existent. Of course you will look like a world beater when fighting tomato cans

Dominick Cruz shouldn't even be considered a fighter

- Ronda Rousey
- Nick Diaz
- Conor McGregor
- Demetrious Johnson
- Chris Weidman
- Jon Jones *** PED
- TJ Dillashaw *** PED

Overrated fighters have been propped up by substandard competition and/or flashy victories that are later proven to have a high component of luck or have been the beneficiary of defeating aged opponents.

Who else am I missing?

Everyone in ufc

Demetrious has been spewed as "THE GREATEST MARTIAL ARTIST EVER" with impregnable technique and the whole 9 yards, then he gets STARCHED in a substandard organization in the shallowest talent pool weightclass.

TJ and Bones are only overrated because of PED's
Smells like BRASILWAND, or a caricuture of him anyways. Now just make your whole post & you're in the money.

Back