Most Intimidating Boxer of All Time?

Max Baer killed a man...I'd be wary of him. Otherwise, Mike Tyson is the obvious choice here.

Gotta be tyson
While liston gave off the vibe of absolute power and control, when tyson stepped into the ring, you knew he was coming to destroy you, in the most ruthless and brutal way possible. You weren't just going to get knocked out, you were going to get pummeled into unconsciousness, and he was going to enjoy doing it.

I Have to be honest Im shocked reading all the replies.

Foreman was clearly the most intimidating boxer in history by far if you're talking about social perceptions during the times of any of these fighters were fighting.

Liston was a close 2nd but Tyson was nowhere close to carrying the fear big George did at the time

I'd say early Foreman. Although George says he was scared and his knees were shaking here, he sure doesn't look scared. Look at the very start of this vid for it:

I would call Tyson, the way he was staring at McNeeley a very close second. Such a contrast between Peter's dopey expression and smiles and Tyson's stone cold glare with the moving eyes and chewing his mouthpiece, lol. If I had to use a term to describe Mike's look it would be NOT AMUSED. At the 2:50 mark here:

Now I'm getting nostalgic. This was Tyson's first comeback fight out of prison. Remember the excitement and expectation when Iron Mike returned?

Tyson was nowhere close to carrying the fear big George did at the time

Michael Spinks can tell you how scary Tyson was!

x38fgn.jpg

Last edited:
Michael Spinks can tell you how scary Tyson was!

x38fgn.jpg

I think the main thing is the public perception.

Spinks, Berbeck, they were no where near Frazier so destroying them wasn't the same as destroying Frazier.

The public were certainly scared of Foreman after he handled Frzazier and Norton like they were children

Berbeck and Spinks the public didn't even know and the perception of Tyson wasn't near that of Big George especially once Givens handled Tyson on 20/20

Big George.

He dismantled possibly the greatest pool of heavyweights in history, bar Ali, in his prime.

The way he tore through Ken Norton and Joe Frazier was nothing sort of terrifying, seeing as how those two gave "The Greatest" absolute fits.

The foreman that blasted through frazier and norton is about as scary as they come. Say what you want about tyson, but he was barely 5'10" and never beat a prime fighter as good as fraizer or norton.

before he was the nice George foreman grill guy, he was mean angry guy,with huge powerful fists, a 6'4" 240 lb frame, and 82" reach , he would make mike tyson look tiny if they stood in the same ring,he was a big dude with insane power and boxing skill

The Guardian newspaper once printed a life size photo of Foremans hand when he was on his comeback trail and it had to be seen to be believed. Absolute shovels they were

Prime Mike Tyson wanted no part of a 40 year old Foreman, let alone the version that destroyed Frazier.

Actually forgot to add Lucia Rijker, she couldn't even find anyone to fight her and actually got pretty cute now, not sure what happened :D

Tyson and Liston. Foreman although he hit hard as hell admitted he was nervous about fighting Frazier.
He actually said he was terrified and when he saw clouds in the sky walking to the ring he was hoping a thunderstorm happened so the fight could be canceled.

Intimidating? My definition is someone who's real quiet and stuff, like Fedor. But for boxing, I'd say probably Sonny Liston.

Back