Most Intimidating Boxer of All Time?

I'd say Liston, even Ali was scared of him. But Big George was pretty scary back in the day.

Tyson not only was a beast in the ring, but he knew how to get into an opponents head before even stepping into the ring.

Last edited:
I'd have to say Tyson. Haven't seen much of Liston I'll admit, but just looking at photos of the guy I really don't see it.

How about Jake La Motta?

Tough as they come and a skilled fighter with the mindset ''I don't care if you die. That said, I don't even care if I die!''

I'd have to say Tyson. Haven't seen much of Liston I'll admit, but just looking at photos of the guy I really don't see it.

It's not really anything about his appearance in particular, he was just in prison and he had a habit of knocking out great fighters like Floyd Patterson in the first few rounds. Ali was asked what he'd say to Liston if he got a chance to talk to him again and he said "MAN, YOU SCARRRED ME"

I'll have to say Earnie Shavers because of his incredible punching power. In some of his staredowns he looks mean as hell and his opponents had to be thinking that one mistake and this guy could cave my head in.

george foreman he was way bigger than tyson and hit harder even in his 40's

Tyson overall. Hagler for the small guys, and Johnny Tapia for the smaller guys.

Iron Mike for sure. I have a hard time giving the best grill salesman of all time the number 1 spot even if he was a beast in his prime.

I'm suprised more people haven't mentioned liston, he could knock you out with a jab.

Iron Mike for sure. I have a hard time giving the best grill salesman of all time the number 1 spot even if he was a beast in his prime.

before he was the nice George foreman grill guy, he was mean angry guy,with huge powerful fists, a 6'4" 240 lb frame, and 82" reach , he would make mike tyson look tiny if they stood in the same ring,he was a big dude with insane power and boxing skill

The second half of that statement is pure speculation.

mike tyson KO 44,Geroge foreman KO 68(career),if you look at their boxrecs, big george KO'ed more people in 56 fights than tyson did, tyson only fought 56 fights this is why I say this,george fought 81 so I only compared 56( big George koed like 52-53 people in 56 fights, tyson koed 44.

Back