Most Intimidating Boxer of All Time?

Tyson, Hagler, Liston, Foreman...

But i will stick with THE HALK, Aaron Pryor.

Roberto Duran is up there too.

The aura surrounding a Prime Joe Louis made a lot of people shake in their boots.

The aura surrounding a Prime Joe Louis made a lot of people shake in their boots.

I agree, much like Sonny Liston, Joe had an almost detached, emotionless stare much like Fedor has. You know they are absolute killers once the bell rings, and that, combined with their "thousand yard stare" can be very scary.

joe0qp.jpg

fedor.jpg

Spinks! Just kidding lol

leon-spinks1.jpeg

liston
he was a legit ex-convict, tyson was just another scary blackman with a tattoo
how could you be scarred of that voice?

On second thought on outer appearance alone, Liston takes this.

He pulled a gun out at Ali's camp and started firing, they ran scared as fuck, for good reason. Then Liston shot the gun beneath his coat to show they were blanks, but fuck that was crazy. Also, hes a convict, and he was just a scary motherfucker.

definitely Tyson because of the things he said about his opponents and because of the things he did to his opponents. Also Big George because of his sheer power. oh and +1 to Fedor (although not a boxer)

I know this is amateur but that Cuban Teofilo Stevenson scared the shit out of me. I always wanted to see how big George and Teo would have turned out.
The guy didn't look like a boxer but when he hit you, the stars were coming out.

In the right circumstances guys like Tyson, Liston and Shavers would have killed you dead if they got you on your own; fuck they would even have killed you in public.

Death is about as scary as it gets.

liston
he was a legit ex-convict, tyson was just another scary blackman with a tattoo
how could you be scarred of that voice?

I'm sure Mike did quite a few things in his past that would have put him inside for a long time just didn't get caught. He was a mentally unstable scary black man and it's not his voice he hits you with.

Both were very scary dudes.

"I define fear as standing across the ring from Joe Louis and knowing he wants to go home early."
-Max Baer

^exactly.

Dempsey practically had to drag Max out kicking and screaming to fight Louis. Granted, it was in part due to Max's hand(s) but still shows the amount of respect/healthy fear that was present.

If Louis hadn't been such a nice guy outside the ropes, I feel people would be listing him with a "duh" behind it.

Ike Ibeaubuchi. He was fucking crazy.

And Larry Holmes, because of the way he could do a drop kick from atop a car!

OH, and throw in a vote for the Mauler.

He busted the crap out of a lot of people!

I think Tyson holds the record for intimidating fighters when he captured all the hw belts.

I'd be shitting bricks if I was standing across the ring from Earnie Shavers.

Foreman, before he got old and tried to sell those grills. And of course, Tyson. The guy was just nuts.

Back