Most dangerous cities

Would you visit Mexico?

• Total voters
I was thinking weird that are no cities from Venezuela. Then I saw in the article that they didn't provide any data on 2021 and 2022

I wouldn't be surprised if Caracas is actually the number 1. Even if it's not in terms of per capiita I think Caracas is more dangerous that those Mexican cities due to the fact that violence reaches more common people rather than being concentrated on gang/cartels violence
I don’t know anything about Caracas, but the last part about Cartel violence isn’t really true anymore. They’ve been targeting regular people for a while now to terrorize people from doing anything about it. They’ve also had like straight up battles with the Mexican authorities with like machine guns and shit. It’s out of control

Went to Mexico for my honeymoon in 04. Had a great time. No issues with locals but a eurotrash dude shouldered me one day on a narrow walkway. I wasn’t expecting it and o whipped around in shock and he kept walking. Two days later, passed the same guy and he smiled and tried the same shit but I was ready for it and shoved him off of the path. He started yelling in French and I just smiled at him. We later met a couple that had similar experiences with European guests but no issues with locals. I felt completely safe in Mexico. Now, I wouldn’t leave any tourist areas.

In 2000, my wife and I went to Nicaragua and lived in the jungle for a month studying monkeys. As dangerous as it was there, I also felt safe. Probably too young and cocky to realize it because the men were all skinny and short, but Managua is apparently a dangerous place I later learned.

In italy(Florence) some Arab guys tried to mug us while my wife and I were in a walk. We were just in a small alley that looked quaint right near the duomo and I realized we were being followed. I had been a cop for about 7 years at this point. I told my wife to get ready to run. She thought I was being ridiculous and I grabbed her and made her run. The men chased after us and we made it to the public square to safety. There were four of them and I could tell at least one of them had probably a knife the way he kept his hand glued to his pocket. I have had issues in Jamaica as well with a group of men grabbing my wife on the waterfalls. I was not near her when this happened as I was further down and she told me and I was not running back up after them.

My point is that it can be a matter of bad luck or situational awareness that can put you at risk or save your ass when traveling. It’s the same in the US if you go to the wrong area. I was oblivious in Nicaragua but dumb luck kept us out of trouble. In Italy, it was situational awareness that saved us.

If went to Mexico again, we would stay mostly at the resort or tourist areas.

South African cities tripling the murders of Chicago, damn.

Yeah I guess it's all about having common sense and just minding your own business kind of thing. But if you are looking for drugs for recreational use, how does that work? Can you get it from people working in the resorts?
You can get shit through most taxi drivers, (younger) resort employees, bartenders, bathroom attendants, etc etc. Also if you’re in high traffic areas you will certainly be approached by guys on the street trying to sell you drugs (in all tourist locales). With that said use common sense and be responsible. If you’re looking to buy stuff…

A: keep most of your money in your sock in the event it turns towards robbery.
B: use common sense and don’t follow anyone to any remote locations (there’s no reason to go into any alleys with a dealer.) in fact it’s likely safer to start with a smaller amount from said individual where you trust him with your 20-40$ to bring it back for you with promise of tip then scale him up if he’s a runner for someone else as you keep transacting.
C: remember that even if your caught by the cops 100$ should be more that enough to get you out of trouble but be prepared to not mention you have a bank card or access to your account because they will try to extort more.
D: use responsibly I would not suggest fucking around in MX. I fucked around with the fuck arounds for a long time and eventually got fucked up. It’s a part of the game. (Although I was a drug addict and had a tendency to take things too far prior to getting sober).

You can get shit through most taxi drivers, (younger) resort employees, bartenders, bathroom attendants, etc etc. Also if you’re in high traffic areas you will certainly be approached by guys on the street trying to sell you drugs (in all tourist locales). With that said use common sense and be responsible. If you’re looking to buy stuff…

B: use common sense and don’t follow anyone to any remote locations (there’s no reason to go into any alleys with a dealer.) in fact it’s likely safer to start with a smaller amount from said individual where you trust him with your 20-40$ to bring it back for you with promise of tip then scale him up if he’s a runner for someone else as you keep transacting.
C: remember that even if your caught by the cops 100$ should be more that enough to get you out of trouble but be prepared to not mention you have a bank card or access to your account because they will try to extort more.
D: use responsibly I would not suggest fucking around in MX. I fucked around with the fuck arounds for a long time and eventually got fucked up. It’s a part of the game. (Although I was a drug addict and had a tendency to take things too far prior to getting sober).
I wouldn’t use any drugs in Mexico today. High chance it has fentanyl in it now

Went to Mexico for my honeymoon in 04. Had a great time. No issues with locals but a eurotrash dude shouldered me one day on a narrow walkway. I wasn’t expecting it and o whipped around in shock and he kept walking. Two days later, passed the same guy and he smiled and tried the same shit but I was ready for it and shoved him off of the path. He started yelling in French and I just smiled at him. We later met a couple that had similar experiences with European guests but no issues with locals. I felt completely safe in Mexico. Now, I wouldn’t leave any tourist areas.

In 2000, my wife and I went to Nicaragua and lived in the jungle for a month studying monkeys. As dangerous as it was there, I also felt safe. Probably too young and cocky to realize it because the men were all skinny and short, but Managua is apparently a dangerous place I later learned.

In italy(Florence) some Arab guys tried to mug us while my wife and I were in a walk. We were just in a small alley that looked quaint right near the duomo and I realized we were being followed. I had been a cop for about 7 years at this point. I told my wife to get ready to run. She thought I was being ridiculous and I grabbed her and made her run. The men chased after us and we made it to the public square to safety. There were four of them and I could tell at least one of them had probably a knife the way he kept his hand glued to his pocket. I have had issues in Jamaica as well with a group of men grabbing my wife on the waterfalls. I was not near her when this happened as I was further down and she told me and I was not running back up after them.

My point is that it can be a matter of bad luck or situational awareness that can put you at risk or save your ass when traveling. It’s the same in the US if you go to the wrong area. I was oblivious in Nicaragua but dumb luck kept us out of trouble. In Italy, it was situational awareness that saved us.

If went to Mexico again, we would stay mostly at the resort or tourist areas.
Dang dude.. I have been to Mexico lots, Italy twice and Nicaragua and had none of that... You must just have that "please fuck with me" kinda face. Only stayed one night in Managua at a stellar place but guards with machine guns lined streets. Big bars on the doors and windows of the place we stayed. Def sketchy if you end up in the wrong place.

Inspired by this thread.

As you can see out of the top 10. It's all Mexican cities besides New Orleans.

View attachment 1045239
I visit the 4th most dangerous city on that list Zacatecas. The irony is my life feels more threatened when im in L.A county, phoenix or las vegas.

I wouldn’t use any drugs in Mexico today. High chance it has fentanyl in it now
That is true anywhere we have fentynal overdoses all the time here in l.a county the streets are littered with narcan boxes the M30s they sell here are also always fake ones with fentynal and even tranquilizer.

Greenwich Connecticut used to be #1 on the list when these guys were running the streets back in the late 90s.

sport-preview-pete-gas.jpg

Thank you for your insight sir.

I visit the 4th most dangerous city on that list Zacatecas. The irony is my life feels more threatened when im in L.A county, phoenix or las vegas.

That's interesting, thanks.

I have tourist underwear they have a pocket just in case they rob my shoes and socks these are also helpful anywhere they have pickpockets really like Madrid,france and even las vegas nevada. I'll keep like 600 bucks in there or a spare card,photo of my license in case that gets stolen.
Mine have an external pocket but I cant find them on amazon.
71nDMfZZEuL._AC_UY1000_.jpg

US hoods are legit third world level. That's insane. I think I'd visit Mexico before I visited a hood in one of those us cities listed

Lol...

Imagine those US WorldStar cities - New Orleans, Baltimore & Detroit - rated among the worst third world shit holes in the world.

Those red states tho...

Dang dude.. I have been to Mexico lots, Italy twice and Nicaragua and had none of that... You must just have that "please fuck with me" kinda face. Only stayed one night in Managua at a stellar place but guards with machine guns lined streets. Big bars on the doors and windows of the place we stayed. Def sketchy if you end up in the wrong place.

We had zero trouble in Nicaragua. I have also been to Mexico many times and never had an issue with locals, but it has changed in the last 20 years. And no, I don’t have a fuck with me face. Quite the opposite, but for some reason, people want to talk to me when I don’t want to be disturbed and stupid, skinny guys try to start shit. Oh well

A lot of venezuelans here in my country.. they all told me that they kill you for nothing in Caracas. Like you hit on somebody else GF and that is a wrap.
The ones who make it to here are really laid back and incredibly hard working people.

BTW.. to TS.. I would not visit Mexico.. nothing in their culture draws my attention.. not the food, music, women.. anything.
- And some handsome, swollen mexicans?

Los-Lotharios-Angel-Humberto-June-2.v1.webp

Just spent 2 months in central Brazil, not a single other foreigner in sight, didn't see a single crime only a couple of road accidents, walked the streets night, really nice people, thank God for Google translate literally nobody spoke English and my Portuguese isn't that great.
- Still surprises me how some people can get a drive license. Were i live, you can play soccer on the middle of the road, and go a hour without a car, and i saw two acidents last month.

LIke, theres no vehicles? How you still hit another car?

- Still surprises me how some people can get a drive license. Were i live, you can play soccer on the middle of the road, and go a hour without a car, and i saw two acidents last month.

LIke, theres no vehicles? How you still hit another car?

Is English your first language?

- No. I'm Brazilian. Portuguese is my first language. Learned to write here and at Masato forums.

What I was saying is that I didn't see any crimes committed and I only saw a couple of accidents on the roads.

I didn't have any trouble walking at night because there wasn't actually anyone walking as it seems most people drive every where.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
King Jinping
Back