Mosley vs Malignaggi Its ON!!!!!

Seano

Hands of bone
@plutonium
Reaction score
Unfortunately.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/i...osley-unretires-fight-paulie-malignaggi-title

"Sugar" Shane Mosley is 41 and 0-3-1 in his last four fights -- with each loss a one-sided decision -- but the former champion is ending his retirement for a world title shot.

Mosley will challenge welterweight titlist Paulie Malignaggi on April 27 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y., Malignaggi's hometown, in a Showtime-televised main event.

Last edited:
Shane's going to win. If he loses to Malignaggi... he shouldn't be allowed in the HOF lol.

Shane will actually not look horrible for the first time in a while. You could tell he was terrified of Pacquaios power and put up a complete and utter stinker. He won't have to worry about that with Paulie obviously.

Of course slick, fast boxers have always killed Shane, but at least he will look like he belongs in the ring.

bliss1.gif

I've been waiting for this great match up.
Allahu akbar!

GBP is going to kill the Brooklyn boxing market before it gets started. At least the announced tickets for the Hopkins/Cloud fight are cheap.

Morales, Hopkins, Judah (sorta), Mosley. Enough with the retirement tours.

be interesting, I think Mosely may still have enough, if he doesn't I think that really says a lot about Canelo, but let's remember Malinagi was poor last time.

let's be honest a shot Morales blasted out that guy who's just went life and death with Malinagi so maybe Mosely has a chance.
Last 4 fights Mayweather, Mora (who came in as a middleweight and let's not forget is an under rated boxer and won a LMW title), Pacquiao and Canelo. I don't think Malinaggi, as much as I like him, would win any of those fights and he would likely get stopped in a few if not all of them as well. fair enough make him a favourite but do not write off Mosely

let's be honest a shot Morales blasted out that guy who's just went life and death with Malinagi so maybe Mosely has a chance.
Last 4 fights Mayweather, Mora (who came in as a middleweight and let's not forget is an under rated boxer and won a LMW title), Pacquiao and Canelo. I don't think Malinaggi, as much as I like him, would win any of those fights and he would likely get stopped in a few if not all of them as well. fair enough make him a favourite but do not write off Mosely

Since round 4 of the Mayweather he's looked like crap. The Pacquiao fight was bizarre. I think its obvious he can't hang. He won't look that bad against feather fists, but he ain't winning.

If there is a god he will let Shane walk off into the sunset after bludgeoning Paulie.

Shane will actually not look horrible for the first time in a while. You could tell he was terrified of Pacquaios power and put up a complete and utter stinker. He won't have to worry about that with Paulie obviously.

Of course slick, fast boxers have always killed Shane, but at least he will look like he belongs in the ring.

paulie isn't that slick or quick in the ring anymore; the dude is good, very high boxing iq..phys he isn't what he used to be..and i think mosley will stop him.

This is probably the 2nd most exciting fight possible to make...

the first of course being the prospect of a Third Dawson vs B Hop fight.

all i am saying is cano beat paulie up, he won; but he was getting roughed up and openly complained about the work to the body that made the diff, as well as the guy being bigger and stronger.

so now he has mosley come down to 147, where shane will have a size strength and power adv; malinaggi has the better boxing iq and jab and overall ring generalship, but he has lost a step and still can't punch to save his life.

mosley is in against a guy who is smaller weaker slower and not as powerful as his last four opp-pacman-mayweather-mora-canelo; shane was able to land on all these guys..he will land on paulie and he will stop him.

This is probably the 2nd most exciting fight possible to make...

the first of course being the prospect of a Third Dawson vs B Hop fight.

Jones vs. Hopkins 3 trumps both.

This really doesn't need to happen but on the bright side, Shane will be facing a fighter that can't punch worth a damn, so sustaining a large amount of damage isn't a huge worry.

Since round 4 of the Mayweather he's looked like crap. The Pacquiao fight was bizarre. I think its obvious he can't hang. He won't look that bad against feather fists, but he ain't winning.

Was it not round 2? and doesn't matter, Malinaggi looked crapo in his last fight and Mosely has been going in with tough comp.

Mora is a middle weight, people forget that, he also held a LMW title so I laugh when people make out that he's a bum. As far as I'm concerned this is a real pick'em fight, and I'll probably put money on Mosely depending on what the odds are. Mosely always looks better at WW, Mosely almost looked like he'd been payed to lose vs. Canelo as well (wouldn't suprise me at all considering GBP).

We'll have to just wait and see I guess, don't write off sugar shane too early though.

Back