• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

More skilled fighter - GSP or Jones?

The only thing that Jones surpasses GSP at is cheating.

Jones is the freak of the two, not to say GSP isnt physically gifted as a specimen.

The stories of Jones coming to Jackson’s for the first time in the very begining of his career, and just tooling all the veterans that trained there (at that time all the best dudes trained there). Brian Stann would talk about Jones learning a submission move for the first time, then proceeding to sub the whole room with his new move.

We’ve seen GSP make costly mistakes, the one that stands out the most is when he tried to lock a kimura on Hughes while Hughes had side-control.........made Matt look like Campeon de Mundial in BJJ the way he hit that far-side armbar LoL

It will happen to Jones one day too if he gets up to 35+ fights like Fedor had
Yeah and actually fights clean and at heavyweight . Fedor could have easily made LHW and i also think that he could have made MW.

You sound like a loser.
how does that relate to the topic : More skilled fighter - GSP or Jones?

btw, how exactly does a loser sound like? Does a loser emit a sound at special frequencies? Perhaps he employs the patterns like ad-homeniem and straw-man? Which incidentally brings me to question which tactics do you prefer...hmm. Besides, you have something in your signature where you are dismissive about join date, but you still value superficial things like those join dates, posts per day. I bet you are really proud of your likes/posts ratio, aren't you, little man?(<--couldn't help but insert that thing there)

GSP is more knowledgeable about the martial arts and has the most complex training regime. He could be his own coach. GSP fought better competition than Jones, and maybe Jones showed some variety, but it doesn't mean he's more skilled.

GSP and Aldo are possibly most proficient fighters in MMA's brief history.

GSP may have had reach advantages in his fights but he never had a fucking 12 inch reach advantage like Jones has. He also never popped for steroids.

Wow, I just realized, the guy opens the thread asking for a discussion and then suddenly unwilling to discuss nor respect people's oppinion, at all.

Lots of you are confusing Jones physical advantage with GSP talent. It's like saying Uberreem was talented. Just look at Ubereem or Belford after USADA, champ to chump.

Jones, because he's actually getting better.

GSP is as good as he's going to get.

Lots of you are confusing Jones physical advantage with GSP talent. It's like saying Uberreem was talented. Just look at Ubereem or Belford after USADA, champ to chump.

what are you talking about? Overeem fought for the UFC title after USADA.

I'd say GSP since he never failed a wizz quiz. Obviously, Jones has had some dominant wins over guys that don't get dominated. Problem is, I don't know how long he's been juicing for. Much like Anderson Silva, his entire career is now in question for me. I can't excuse obvious cheating, so again, GSP.

What talent does GSP posses? He barely beat legit competition. Lost to people his size and strength. Jones? He destroyed most of his opposition, had a few competitive fights - but they were never questionable. And he fought big fighters. Unlike GSP.

GSP gets a medal for his determination, his JCVD like affable behavior and his wittiness, but next to a natural talent like Jones he is just a small, benign little boy with suspicious HGH gut.

Striking - Jones
Wrestling - Jones
Ground game - GSP (close though)

GSP's nowhere near as dynamic as Jones.

Back