More Famous: Chuck around 2005-2008 or Ronda Right Now?

So you're saying that some MMA fans don't know who Ronda is?
Not just being known, but being cared about, either loved or hated. Chuck defined MMA for years. I know I'm not alone as an MMA fan who doesn't give much of a fuck about Rousey, especially not compared to Liddell.

Rousey and it isn't even remotely close.

Almost every MMA fan knows both names. However, Rousey is far better known in the mainstream.

Now in terms of most liked, many MMA fans will favor Liddell as he isn't nearly as polarizing as Rousey. Among the main stream, Rousey again wins hands down.

Sorry Chuck, you were great for what you did. When it comes to popularity and name recognition, Rousey is just in a different galaxy.

Ronda right now.

Chuck had a few fans but everyone who liked him, well, was just a nerdcore shertard.

Or some fat kid wearing a Tapout/Affliction shirt eating cheeseburgers with a green mohawk.

Not true, man. Hell there were Chuck Liddell halloween costumes at one point!

images

I know this is Parks and Rec. But I have seen people in my town dress up as Chuck for halloween. It's not just in hollywood

Chuck laid the ground work for popularity outside of the cage, but mainstream popularity, it has to be Ronda right now, without a question.

Liddell was huge in his prime but tons of women and feminists love her for being a tough women role model. Those same women wouldn't have a clue who chuck is and also she's appeared in bigger things like wrestlemania which a cross promotional thing like that would never happen back then. Also to compare, chuck was on the entourage the show, Ronda was a huge promotional tool for the movie. Her movies are blockbusters he was in b and c rate movies. By default she's more popular.

This shouldn't be a comparison. Chuck is a pioneer of this sport and helped bring the popularity up. GSP silva did aswell but Brock took it up and beyond all three could.

But back to the point, Ronda is the biggest star in the fight world right now. She's so big that she would main event wrestle mania if she decided to go pro wrestling. She's the biggest thing ever since Arnold and Stallone.

Rousey and it isn't even remotely close.

Almost every MMA fan knows both names. However, Rousey is far better known in the mainstream.

Test your theory bro. Ask the first stranger you see today who Ronda Rousey is, I bet they have no idea.

Then ask them who Chuck Liddell is. See what happens.

dude get over it, Rousey is bigger than Chuck

Test your theory bro. Ask the first stranger you see today who Ronda Rousey is, I bet they have no idea.

Then ask them who Chuck Liddell is. See what happens.

I don't have to "test" it. Just check face book, twitter, instagram, and every mainstream media outlet in existence.

ABC, CBS, NBC, NYT, Forbes, CNBC, CNN, Fox News, The Guardian, The Examiner, LA Times, Chicago Tribune, SI, Vogue, Cosmo, The Toronto Star, Globe and Mail, USA Today, PBS, Bloomberg, MSNBC, ESPN, Entertainment Tonight, Inside Edition, TMZ...

They ALL ran stories on Rousey and her fight before AND afterward.

7.5 MILLION facebook views on her WEIGH IN on Youtube.

If you can't see how broad her mainstream exposure is, I don't know what to say. Hell, they even run stories on her in international papers. They had articles on her in freaking PAKISTAN.

Step out of the MMA bubble... she has a level of fame that we've never seen in MMA. Ever.

Ronda is bigger.. but BROCK LESNAR is bigger than all of them

Ronda is more of an Internet fad than actually famous. Once she meets someone who doesn't get finished in 30 seconds people won't really care

Chuck and or Tito are more famous tbh.

Ronda is more known at moment, due to Dana/media shoving her in peoples faces...Media can make anyone famous, look at Paris Hilton or the Kardasians for example...

Chuck/Tito didnt have a 1/4 of the media Ronda has now, and even casual fans knew who they were...

I would have to go with Ronda. More MMA fans now than before.

I'd definitely go with Ronda. I've had my mom and sister ask me about Rousey recently, and they've never shown an interest in anything MMA related before.

Ronda is more known at moment, due to Dana/media shoving her in peoples faces...Media can make anyone famous, look at Paris Hilton or the Kardasians for example...

Sooo much butthurt. They did next to no promotion for her last card, it was weak as hell and still is the best selling card of the year. Deal with it.

Anyone else remember Chuck's 2-second cameo in the movie How High??

Back