More Famous: Chuck around 2005-2008 or Ronda Right Now?

Chuck Liddell needed Tito and other huge names to do big buy #s. Ronda could fight a bum off the street and it would do around a million.

Chuck/Tito didnt have a 1/4 of the media Ronda has now, and even casual fans knew who they were...

Probably Chuck I never watched MMA back in 05 06 but I remember seeing and hearing about Liddell EVERYWHERE and that was without social media

Chuck didn't have things like FB to boost his popularity and he was still everywhere, even that god awful nickle back video/song. People seem to forget how big of a role social media plays in popularity,

^ EXACTLY!

Glad to see not everyone on sherdog is completely brainwashed by the Zuffa hype machine. I'm wondering if anybody will go ask non-mma fans if they've ever heard of rousey. And if they've heard of chuck. You probably won't because you all damn well know the answer.

Add in how she is a mainstream celeb & it is not even close

Mainstream celeb. Really? Mainstream celeb?

Back when Chuck Liddell fought the occasional fan watched every UFC and knew the fighters names .
Now unless your a hardcore fan people don't give a shit about Mma .

"A fool and his money are soon parted."

Try it and see. You only have 80 vcash, so I'm assuming you're a betting man. I'll bet you all my vcash that more non-mma fans have heard of Chuck, than Ronda. Just try it and let us know what you find out. Unless you're afraid?

Try it and see. You only have 80 vcash, so I'm assuming you're a betting man. I'll bet you all my vcash that more non-mma fans have heard of Chuck, than Ronda. Just try it and let us know what you find out. Unless you're afraid?

where on earth do you live lol?

where on earth do you live lol?

I'm not telling you that, stalker. :)

But wherever you live, go out amonsgt regular people and ask any of them if they know wtf a Ronda Rousey is....OR a connor mcgregor for that matter. A lot of you guys are in for a rude awakening. You're more than welcome to try and prove me wrong. I invite it, actually.

Edit: I will say that I live in America. So possibly it's different for you guys overseas. I doubt it though. I think most everybody knows who the fuck Chuck is. And most people won't recognize Ronda's name.

Am I afraid of looking like a moron going up to people and randomly asking if they've heard of Ronda Rousey or Chuck Liddell with the hope of winning 'v-cash'?

Yup.

Got me there.

Not even close its Ronda. Heck, she's a constant topic on ESPN these days. It's hard to realize how big Ronda is when you are in the hardcore MMA bubble, but Ronda is straight on fire right now. More than any mma fighter ever.

Am I afraid of looking like a moron going up to people and randomly asking if they've heard of Ronda Rousey or Chuck Liddell with the hope of winning 'v-cash'?

Yup.

Got me there.

No, man. If you do it right, it's an ice breaker for cute women. Tell them you're doing it for a bet. Or for a sociology experiment, or anything.

I think you'd be surpised

which people know Chuck, all those who know Ronda, and those who know both.

It goes without saying Ronda is more popular than any MMA star ever was, and hopefully isn't going to be the most famous MMArtist there ever will be. We need Manny Pac-like/gone-perfectly figures.

It's unfair to compare the two. There's really no debate

Ronda. Back when Chuck was the man, barely anyone would come up to me and strike up conversation about MMA. Now, a bunch of people come up to me and want to talk about Ronda. I get tagged on FB all the time by people who don't even watch MMA to show me Ronda interviews and highlights.

Ronda by a landslide to be honest.

You can read articles about Ronda in major British newspapers these days - but I'd wager that most people of the street have never heard of Chuck, sadly.

Back