More Famous: Chuck around 2005-2008 or Ronda Right Now?

Kick Strickland

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I was having this argument with somebody earlier. They were insisting Ronda is more popular today than Chuck Liddell ever was. I WHOLE-HEARTEDLY disagreed! Chuck Liddell at his popularity peak, was more well known than Ronda.

You can ask anybody you know who Ronda Rousey is, and then ask them who Chuck Liddell is. Imo more people know who Chuck is, by far.

Who do you think is more well known, sherpeople? The Iceman or Rowdy Ronda?

chuck-liddell-04.jpg
images

Ronda. Not sure if the numbers add up or not, but id like to think more people watch MMA now, then they did when chuck was holding it down.

Chuck was probably more known amoung the target demo of young males. I know 60 year old women who know who Ronda is, I doubt any of them ever heard of Liddell.

Among MMA fans, Chuck. No question about it.

Among casuals and the bullshit mainstream? Ronda, even less debate to it.

But even today, the image that comes to mind for many people when they think of UFC fighting is Chuck's mohawked dome, arms down-belly out iceman pose. The guy is an icon. Chuck infiltrated the mainstream and left an indelible mark on it as the face of MMA. Ronda is doing it now, but she's doing it as "Ronda Rousey, the B-List Celebrity". Chuck did it as "UFC Guy with the tattoos and mohawk" So while he was less "known" among the mainstream, you would be right to say that he was more "recognized".

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1101910/

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3313925/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Chuck has almost a hundred more credits to his name. Not that many of them mean shit, but if it's a general indication of how many times he's been on people's screens, Ronda still has a long way to go.

Last edited:
I'd say Ronda might be more "famous" or known in the overall population, but that's because she's a WOMAN with a belt, not only because she has a champion belt.

Chuck was probably more known amoung the target demo of young males. I know 60 year old women who know who Ronda is, I doubt any of them ever heard of Liddell.

Not true. My grandmother knew who Chuck Liddell was. For real. It shocked me, but she knew, lol.

Ronda by far. She's more known to a wider audience, even people that don't watch mma or even know what it is know Ronda because she's mainstream.

not clicking that

why don't you just type out your point here?

Rondas got more searches than chuck ever did. For what its worth.

Also its got cool graphics that are easier to just look at, a pictures worth a thousand words and what not

Among MMA fans, Chuck. No question about it.

Among casuals and the bullshit mainstream? Ronda, even less debate to it.

I mean among casuals. All mma fans know both. But go ask your non mma friends who both people are, and I'd bet money more of them know who Chuck is, than Honda.

Ronda right now.

Chuck had a few fans but everyone who liked him, well, was just a nerdcore shertard.

Or some fat kid wearing a Tapout/Affliction shirt eating cheeseburgers with a green mohawk.

Ronda because of media coverage, undefeated and female.

Back