More Famous: Chuck around 2005-2008 or Ronda Right Now?

I'd say Ronda might be more "famous" or known in the overall population, but that's because she's a WOMAN with a belt, not only because she has a champion belt.

You can't stop trolling, can you? Have you ever sought help by professionals?

Sorry buddy. I have to go with your friend. It's Ronda.

Not just being known, but being cared about, either loved or hated. Chuck defined MMA for years. I know I'm not alone as an MMA fan who doesn't give much of a fuck about Rousey, especially not compared to Liddell.

Then yes Ronda is more famous than chuck

Ronda is famous in the same way McDonalds is famous.

People who really love hamburgers would rather not eat at McDonalds but that doesn't necesasrily mean that they hate McDonalds.

People who eat McDonalds 24/7 because commercials tell them to or because it's fast and easy will never know how good a Fedo--- I mean a gourmet burger tastes.

I'm really stoned so that analogy might blow.

You can't stop trolling, can you? Have you ever sought help by professionals?

I think that's a fair statement. How many women knew who GSP, JBJ and Silva were compared to how many know who Ronda is.

If you don't think the fact that she's a woman is a HUGE part of her popularity then you're delusional.

it isn't even close

MMA/UFC is more popular now, so just that alone says Ronda
Add in how she is a mainstream celeb & it is not even close

Ronda dude.. Especially if you go global

Among people who were not MMA fans while Chuck was competing, sure lol

Sherdog gets ridiculous from the about a month before Rousey fights till about a month after she fights and it's been like this for a couple of years now. Sure it has steadily gotten worse but it's been ridiculous for a few years now. Ronda is more famous now among MMA fans and casuals than Chuck ever was

rousey and its not even close..

she's the biggest most famous person mma has ever seen.

I think that's a fair statement. How many women knew who GSP, JBJ and Silva were compared to how many know who Ronda is.

If you don't think the fact that she's a woman is a HUGE part of her popularity then you're delusional.

Oh no. I agree with that part. The other part is that Ronda can make people gravitate around her, hating her or loving her. She is also crazy skilled.

I mean, even if you say the WWE wouldn't have called a male champ to show up at their event, Ronda still said yes and tried to put on a show. She is popular because she knows how to sell herself, which I think is a BIG part of why she is so huge, and something that troll left out of his post.

Putting my hat in the Ronda Rousey pool. Chunk was known in the MMA scene Rousey is much more widespread.

Probably Chuck I never watched MMA back in 05 06 but I remember seeing and hearing about Liddell EVERYWHERE and that was without social media, in today's day and age I wouldn't doubt if Chuck would be more popular, but it's revisionist history well never know.

rousey and its not even close..

she's the biggest most famous person mma has ever seen.

Brock? Rousey really has the social media train behind her right now. Chuck didn't have things like FB to boost his popularity and he was still everywhere, even that god awful nickle back video/song. People seem to forget how big of a role social media plays in popularity, just look at Mcgregor for instance, also Rousey is technically the first UFC women's champ so I'm sure that alone holds some weight, but they were two totally different time periods.

Rondas got more searches than chuck ever did. For what its worth.

Also its got cool graphics that are easier to just look at, a pictures worth a thousand words and what not

I'd imagine Ronda gets more google searches than Chuck due to the popularity of smartphones and technologies in 2015 vs Chuck in 2006

It's gotta be Ronda. I lost track of UFC after UFC 10 or something , then came back maybe 8 years ago. I never heard about the UFC the whole time, no adds no nothing. Now they have the hightlights on Sports Centre and all that.

Why are people pretending mma fans don't know Ronda?

She is the biggest star this sport has ever had. It's crazy. I went to a bar and all sorts of people were there to see her fight. She is an icon that no one would have seen coming.

Back