Crime More Climate Change Shenanigans

chardog

That's President Donald Trump
@Steel
Reaction score
How it started, with climate change, wildfires are the "new normal"

how it's going

and the twist:
"The news outlet said that police began to examine Paré's Facebook page, where he regularly posted about forest fires in Quebec, claiming the government had deliberately started them to trick people into believing in the climate crisis."

this lunatic didnt believe in climate change causing forest fires, and he's not wrong because he was the one creating the fires <Lmaoo>

apparently, he was caught via tracker on two occasions.

takeaways:
1. lol @ climate change
2. lunatics can do massive damage with relative ease, putting people's lives in danger/causing evacuations
3. Canada has not completely lost their marbles and didnt overlook arson

1. Posts videos of wildfires in Canada, including in both BC and Quebec.

2. Posts videos of a guy who started some fires in Quebec that burned a few hundred hectares, which is a drop in the bucket of the 4.5 million hectares burned in Quebec in 2023.

Conclusion: "lol @ climate change"

Sherdog bless.

<36>

1. Posts videos of wildfires in Canada, including in both BC and Quebec.

2. Posts videos of a guy who started some fires in Quebec that burned a few hundred hectares, which is a drop in the bucket of the 4.5 million hectares burned.

Conclusion: "lol @ climate change"

Sherdog bless.
these are for offenses he was "caught"

surely, he didnt create every single fire, but 14 including chapais which required evacuations, is pretty darn significant.

surely, he didnt create every single fire, but 14 including chapais which required evacuations, is pretty darn significant.

It's pretty clear he didn't set all of the fires in Canada lol.

It's unfortunate but not really that significant in the grand scheme of things. The fires he started corresponded to an area less than 0.01% of the area burned in Quebec. It was a random act by an idiot. Not much more.

What's even more troubling is the fact you posted those videos and came to the conclusion: "lol @ climate change."

He started 14 fires, out of 6500. Those fires burned about 1000 hectares, compared to 18 million in total. Less than .1% of the area burned was due to fires this guy started, not exactly super significant. In either case, I don't know how this is 'climate change shenanigans' and not, insane conspiracy theorist nutjub shenanigans.

In its last report of 2023, the Canadian interagency fire centre said 6,551 fires burned 18,496,057 hectares of land, compared with 1,467,976 hectares burned the year prior.

Climate change is real. We need a Rice University type of class to get people up to speed. Redneck-science or something (it's hard to top "afrochemistry").

I read about the guy yesterday. He did a lot of harm, not just to Canada but the rest of the world, making him a prime candidate for longterm lockup of some sort. The thing is, at least from the articles I read, he was fueled by conspiracy theories about the fires not being from climate change.

It's pretty clear he didn't set all of the fires in Canada lol.

It's unfortunate but not really that significant in the grand scheme of things. The fires he started corresponded to an area less than 0.01% of the area burned in Quebec. It was a random act by an idiot. Not much more.

What's even more troubling is the fact you posted those videos and came to the conclusion: "lol @ climate change."
he was caught for those fires, how many fires required evacuations, you know fires that effect humans? there's not that many and those are the ones that make the biggest headlines.

who's to say that other large fires weren't arson? that stuff is all too common here in california

He started 14 fires, out of 6500. Those fires burned about 1000 hectares, compared to 18 million in total. Less than .1% of the area burned was due to fires this guy started, not exactly super significant. In either case, I don't know how this is 'climate change shenanigans' and not, insane conspiracy theorist nutjub shenanigans.

partially due to forest mismanagement

every few years, canada has gigantic fires, and this is no accident, the forest grows and either people or nature takes care of it. it's cyclical and has happened since the beginning of time.

Climate change is real. We need a Rice University type of class to get people up to speed. Redneck-science or something (it's hard to top "afrochemistry").

I read about the guy yesterday. He did a lot of harm, not just to Canada but the rest of the world, making him a prime candidate for longterm lockup of some sort. The thing is, at least from the articles I read, he was fueled by conspiracy theories about the fires not being from climate change.
he did put thousands of lives on the line, of course he should go to prison for a long time. not many fires put lives in danger.

he did put thousands of lives on the line, of course he should go to prison for a long time. not many fires put lives in danger.

I do wonder if something is legit wrong with him. Click the DailyMail link. He might need some serious state intervention.

he was caught for those fires, how many fires required evacuations, you know fires that effect humans? there's not that many and those are the ones that make the biggest headlines.

who's to say that other large fires weren't arson? that stuff is all too common here in california

The main contributor to the fires is hot and dry conditions, lightning etc. Of course, a fair number are caused by humans, both intentional and unintentional, but the rise in both number of wildfires and area burned is pretty clearly correlated with warmer, drier weather. Even those caused by humans will do more damage and destroy more area under unfavorable conditions.

Anyways, it's clear to rational people that this thread isn't very well thought out. I think you might need to just let this one go. We can't win them all.

I do wonder if something is legit wrong with him. Click the DailyMail link. He might need some serious state intervention.
we had a professor start the dixie fires in california, one of the largest in history and it required mass evacuations of a small town, pretty sure it killed some folks as well.

pyromaniacs are scary people, and I'm pretty sure he's going to get life in prison.

partially due to forest mismanagement

every few years, canada has gigantic fires, and this is no accident, the forest grows and either people or nature takes care of it. it's cyclical and has happened since the beginning of time.

The fires this year were the largest on record - you don't think there's any connection between hot dry weather and wildfires??

Looking at your chart, the year with the most fires prior to this year was in 1989. And would you have a look at that, that time period had a big drought and record setting heat waves.

The main contributor to the fires is hot and dry conditions, lightning etc. Of course, a fair number are caused by humans, both intentional and unintentional, but the rise in both number of wildfires and area burned is pretty clearly correlated with warmer, drier weather. Even those caused by humans will do more damage and destroy more area under unfavorable conditions.

Anyways, it's clear to rational people that this thread isn't very well thought out. I think you might need to just let this one go. We can't win them all.

it's cyclical, trees dont cut themselves, you had one too many years of peace and quiet, and I guarantee this year will be relatively peace and quiet because you burnt a shit load last year.

The fires this year were the largest on record - you don't think there's any connection between hot dry weather and wildfires??

Looking at your chart, the year with the most fires prior to this year was in 1989. And would you have a look at that, that time period had a big drought and record setting heat waves.

if your ignore the forest long enough, there will be a large fire

canada went through a LONGGGGGG stretch without major fires. 89, they had major fires, 94,95, the build up all the way till 2023 until they got hit again. I dont know how management works up north, but if the humans arent involved, it's going to blow up in your face, and you cant blame it on anyone but yourself.

if you're going to blame it on climate, then explain why fires have been burning LESS for nearly 30 years straight.

Just rake the leaves homie. Clearly all forests were systemically burned out of existence before human beings civilized the planet...because there was no one around to rake the leaves.

Last edited:
Back