Monthly food budget

120 a week not counting eating out for lunch every day. Maybe 7 to 800 on food

Probably 200-300? Could probably be cheaper if I started shopping at Costco and buying frozen chicken breasts in bulk.

Don't eat breakfast and lunch is normally a smoothie.

Probably 200 or 300 a week but i get fed good food at work cause i fix all the chefs equipment. Its pretty sweet.

Last edited:
The main task in making a personal budget is to distribute expenses wisely so that you don't have to look for someone to borrow money from in the last week before the paycheck.

We spend between $140-$160 per week.

When our older son visits, we usually spend $200ish per week.

When my personal chef gets here I will let you know.

I don't have a good budget. I just buy whatever I feel like eating. I'd say groceries are $700-$800 a month and going out to eat is another $200.

The main task in making a personal budget is to distribute expenses wisely so that you don't have to look for someone to borrow money from in the last week before the paycheck.
You bumped a 3-year old thread to share that nugget of wisdom?

Well at least we get to see the difference in food costs due to inflation.

I spend 1500 a month in groceries now.

Reactions: lsa
Got a wife and two kids + a dog.

we’re running about $125.00 - $150.00 a week for the human family and about $60.00 a month for the dog

My wife and I spend about $500 total for just the two of us. That's doing 80 percent of our shopping at Costco.

That's not including going out to eat, which we only do once a week.

about 230 a month for groceries. all you will find in my fridge is chicken breast, eggs, chicken drumsticks, shrimp, ground turkey, ground beef , roast cuts and frozen veggies. im actually a decent cook so it helps out too but i do enjoy the occasional taco bell, beef chow fun takeout , or wendy's once in awhile.

Somewhere between 300-400 euros/month.

Me, wife, 2 kids.

Edit: Damn, wanted to convert the money from EUR to USD, but I don't need to. The dollar is looking strong these days.

<mma4>

Last edited:
What are my Sherbros food budgets for a month?

For myself I've been trying to save money and even this month my bill will be around $300. And this is with me cutting a bunch of shit out. Making pasta to eat for the entire week. Buying cheap ass pork chops instead of steak. Some fruit and yogurt. Eggs. No junk food.

I see all these articles of people doing $150 a month food budget and there is no fucking way you can get that low without eating awful food.

I don't get it. How can people go that low?
That's way too low. I spend $20-$30 a day easily.
When I was a kid, my cousin played minor league baseball and they'd give him $40 a day to spend on food, I remember thinking he must be living the life.

Spent almost 80 bucks on 2 ribeyes recently

then I went and bought a chest freezer and a food saver vacuum sealer and I’m getting a half a cow in a few months

What are my Sherbros food budgets for a month?

For myself I've been trying to save money and even this month my bill will be around $300. And this is with me cutting a bunch of shit out. Making pasta to eat for the entire week. Buying cheap ass pork chops instead of steak. Some fruit and yogurt. Eggs. No junk food.

I see all these articles of people doing $150 a month food budget and there is no fucking way you can get that low without eating awful food.

I don't get it. How can people go that low?
I can't wait to be in charge of grocery shopping again. Other half buys the first thing he sees which is in the organic section of everything. He bought salmon the other day, it was $24. He didn't even look at the price, it was line caught which I like if I'm going to pan fry it with something nice. On this occasion I was covering it in soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger and chillies. $7 is fine for that.

We don't really budget but I'm more thrifty. I don't skimp on battery chicken though, that's just cruel and not something I knowingly want to support.

Starting to realize what an economic weapon "knowing how to cook" actually is.
My gal cooks everything from scratch. We eat like kings and spend so little on food, its a bit absurd.

A little planning and a Costco membership helps but yeah. Most poor people I know, food and eating out is far and away their biggest leak, next to whatever car payment they have, or whatever nonsense they buy on credit cards.

This was all on me, I ordered prime rib for Thanksgiving from a local butcher and didn't ask how much it would be, went to pick it up and it was $165. I bit my lip and just paid it. It was the best I've had because other half treated it like his first born baby. But it was literally only enough for 2 portions.

No budget, maybe on average $1,000 a month including food and drinks?

Back