Monthly food budget

Between 400 - 500 dollars. I eat healthy and very rarely eat out. I'd like to reduce that dollar amount in the future.

$600 a month roughly for me and the misses. But thats in funny kiwi monies so roughly 400 trump dollars.

Not much takeaway or bs processed food.

My wife and I spend around $600 a month on groceries, and maybe $300 on restaurants. We get our meat from Costco, and vacuum seal in smaller portions to freeze it.

Close to 800.
If it was just myself probably 600.
I eat. A lot. I also love cooking so i dont skimp out on quality

I spend close to $200 per month. I only eat one meal a day.

I do about $250 for myself.

I have three teenagers and two play HS sports.....

My budget is in the hundreds a week but I don't eat shit, because it is all gone by the time I get home...

Only some of you will get this post.

What are my Sherbros food budgets for a month?

For myself I've been trying to save money and even this month my bill will be around $300. And this is with me cutting a bunch of shit out. Making pasta to eat for the entire week. Buying cheap ass pork chops instead of steak. Some fruit and yogurt. Eggs. No junk food.

I see all these articles of people doing $150 a month food budget and there is no fucking way you can get that low without eating awful food.

I don't get it. How can people go that low?

My girlfriend cooks but I love eating at a variety of different restaurants daily. Indian, Vietnamese, Mediterranean, sushi, Thai.. I dine out generally twice a day and she cooks the rest.

Honestly, I’d say I spend about $50-$60 a day on food. But I’m fine with it, a large variety of ethnic restaurant dining is something that brings a lot of joy and satisfaction to me. Here in Vancouver BC, there are amazing restaurants from all backgrounds literally everywhere.

And then groceries separate from that - probably around $400 a month.

Last edited:
I don't understand how an adult can only spend $200-$250 a month on groceries. Do you guys eat ramen noodles all week?

Never really calculated how much I spend on food because I eat out often but if I were to spend it only on groceries my guess would be $100 per week?

My girlfriend cooks but I love eating at a variety of different restaurants daily. Indian, Vietnamese, Mediterranean, sushi, Thai.. I dine out generally twice a day and she cooks the rest.

Honestly, I’d say I spend about $50-$60 a day on food. But I’m fine with it, a large variety of ethnic restaurant dining is something that brings a lot of joy and satisfaction to me.

And then groceries separate from that - probably around $400 a month.
$50 a day for a month is $1500. Plus $400 on groceries.

Dude, that's insane lol

$50 a day for a month is $1500. Plus $400 on groceries.

Dude, that's insane lol
I know. $50 a day is probably on the lower end in all honesty. Sometimes its $100+ a day if we both go to fancier places. But fancier isn’t always better.. Grew up eating moldy bread and not much else. I worked my ass off to come out from the dirt. Now I can good and enjoy every second of whatever I’m eating, I earned it

I know. $50 a day is probably on the lower end in all honesty. Sometimes its $100+ a day if we both go to fancier places. But fancier isn’t always better.. Grew up eating moldy bread and not much else. I worked my ass off to come out from the dirt. Now I can good and enjoy every second of whatever I’m eating, I earned it
Not judging, if that's what brings you joy, that's what's important.

I don't skimp on food either. But I couldn't afford to spend that much.

What are my Sherbros food budgets for a month?

For myself I've been trying to save money and even this month my bill will be around $300. And this is with me cutting a bunch of shit out. Making pasta to eat for the entire week. Buying cheap ass pork chops instead of steak. Some fruit and yogurt. Eggs. No junk food.

I see all these articles of people doing $150 a month food budget and there is no fucking way you can get that low without eating awful food.

I don't get it. How can people go that low?
Eating in only saves you A LOT!!

I buy a 5lb bag of rice - $5
10 lb potato - $5
10 lb beans - $5
Meat usually costs more but @ sprouts you get full chickens for $5-10
steak chops - $30
Fish- 30
Veggies - carrots , beets, onions, garlic.. around $30 -$50
Fruit -$50
Herbs and spices like clove, turmeric etc - $10

Not judging, if that's what brings you joy, that's what's important.

I don't skimp on food either. But I couldn't afford to spend that much.

That’s understandable. No matter what you do, no matter what your budget.. you got to live a little. You have to do something regularly that brings you joy and satisfaction whether by its eating at restaurants you like or some sort of hobbies or activity. Yes it’s good to work hard towards your goals but if you don’t do anything that brings you joy, you’re going to end up just busting your ass and throwing your life away for nothing. What good is life if you dont ever treat yourself

That’s understandable. No matter what you do, no matter what your budget.. you got to live a little. You have to do something regularly that brings you joy and satisfaction whether by its eating at restaurants you like or some sort of hobbies or activity. Yes it’s good to work hard towards your goals but if you don’t do anything that brings you joy, you’re going to end up just busting your ass and throwing your life away for nothing. What good is life if you dont ever treat yourself
Couldn't agree more, man.

Some people bust their asses but never sit down to enjoy it. Never spend a penny.

There's no point in waiting till you're too old. I spend regularly on things I enjoy.

Last edited:

I made 50 bucks last a month before but it's no way to live.

Don't blow your wad but eating good is what life is all about.

Anywhere from $500 to $2000 depending on where I'm at and what I am doing.

$300 is about my budget for half a month.. I agree with you that you can’t go too low like less than $200/month unless you’re eating bullshit. That’s just how it works..

Thing is, you will see your health significantly improve when you cut out sugar/grains/carbs. But you have to replace it with more expensive (real) food

Back