Monthly food budget

TestosterOWN

H͚̖̜̍̃͐e̮̟͈̣̖̰̩̹͈̾ͨ̑͑l͕͖͉̭̰ͬ̍ͤ͆̊ͨp̱̱̬̻̞̩͎̌ͦ̏ͪ͋̚
@red
Reaction score
What are my Sherbros food budgets for a month?

For myself I've been trying to save money and even this month my bill will be around $300. And this is with me cutting a bunch of shit out. Making pasta to eat for the entire week. Buying cheap ass pork chops instead of steak. Some fruit and yogurt. Eggs. No junk food.

I see all these articles of people doing $150 a month food budget and there is no fucking way you can get that low without eating awful food.

I don't get it. How can people go that low?

I spend hundreds...i cant hold back on food. Im a slim guy but food isn't where I like to save money

300 a month?? I think a spend at least 1k a month on food. Not willing to compromise there ever

Around 200 UK pounds minimum and I'm on a restricted diet

Not sure, you would have to ask my butler.

About tree fiddy

No seriously, $350 is how much I spend on grocery in a month without eating out. If you count eating out with gf, probably close to $800 altogether.

I spend hundreds...i cant hold back on food. Im a slim guy but food isn't where I like to save money
Yeah i just went through my bank account and few months ago I spent 560 a month. Damn. So I'm doing better now but I miss some of finer things I like to eat haha.

I spend like 2k a month on groceries with 3 kids..... Not including eating out.

Just groceries is over 200 a month for sure. That doesnt count take out, and I live like a peasant too.

I spend like 2k a month on groceries with 3 kids..... Not including eating out.

Its nearly impossible to budget on food with kids. I feel your pain...i spend probably $200 a week easy on nonessentials for them

Costco is your friend. You can buy a fuckload of protein for way less than everywhere else and not just ground beef.

My wife and I spend over a grand every month on restaurants and we still go there.

My wife and I spend $120NZD on our weekly food shopping, so close to $500 a month on just food. That's not including takeaways though but we don't get much if that anyway.

Personally I don't eat breakfast most days except weekends and that's still only sometimes. I meal prep my lunches for the week, usually chicken(boneless thighs) and sweet potatoes, which only costs around $12-15, and that gets my lunch for the whole week. For dinners I set up a menu every week and only buy ingredients I need for those meals. It's harder at first but once your kitchen is stocked you just maintain it. I usually just need to hit the store for frequently used stuff like eggs and butter and meats. Which I buy enough for either the week or a few days so I can eat more fresh meat.
Learning to actually cook is key, I'm a single dad with 2 kids and I have several meals in my pocket that are great that have 3-5 ingredients, you just have to get googling and alittle creative. I can get away with $60 a week budget and feed me and the kids easily. Sometimes I'll decide to get some nice steak or some ribs to smoke, that raisies the budget, but overall I keep it pretty reasonable.

Last edited:
1000-2000

Mostly eat out

A few good sushi nights with wine make up 80% of that

damn, what do you guys eat on 200/300 a month... If i really watch my money I can scrape by with 15 euros a day, eating stuff I mostly rather not eat. I'd say around 20/25 a day.

I spend about $200. Eat red meant, chicken, pork, and seafood once a week. Aldi is the shit here in the US. Good produce, meats, nuts, oils etc at reasonable prices since they carry their store brand in almost everything. And it's all really good quality, doesn't taste like knock offs, except the ice cream, stay away from the ice cream.

https://www.aldi.us

I eat a pretty standard breakdown of protein, carbs, and veggies. To keep it cheap I usually go white rice and potatoes for carbs. Veggies I'll usually do a simple onion, cucumber, carrot, and lettuce salad. I make my own citrus, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar dressings. If not they usually have reasonably priced asparagus or Brussel sprouts.

Last edited:
Back