Montano: "I came on Tuesday at 144lbs"

She's worse than GDR. Her excuse is so amateur I dont know how to articulate myself "when my weight cut started to go bad my team ran for hotel security." Dana and coaches like Marc Henry pop into my mind and it's funny and just sad she is Champion. She is now employing the "I knew I wasn't going to make weight the whole time" excuse. Cool. Just wow.

So she is a blatant weight cutter too ? Respect to all the fighters who dont cut much weight and fight in their natural weight classes (Frankie m Valentina , Necktats )

So much unwarranted hatred in this thread. I'm disappointed she missed weight and she mismanaged her weight cut so badly, but I'm not going to spend that amount of energy hating her for it.

Then again, every time I hear or read "Nicco Montano", my brain inserts a picture of Rachael Ostovich, so maybe I just don't care enough about Montano in the first place to feel angry about her unprofessionalism.

They're making it up for the wrong message they put by letting Darren Till fight for the title
So why did most of sherdog, Vegas, Youtube handicappers and over half of MMA journalists pick him to win? Like picking Cogar. Every main event the majority of sherdog gets it wrong, why are fight fans so stupid? Especially the journalists. Only Danny Segura has respectable, consistent predictions among them. Never thought Till belonged in the same cage as Woodley.

Last edited:
Yeh she came off extremely bad in that interview.

She blamed literally everybody but herself regarding the weight cut. She feels that she shouldn’t have to apologise for the incident.

She thinks Valentina is an obsessed stalker and claimed that Valentina is scared of fighting her because Valentina predicted that Nicco would drop out.

I clearly think Nicco has some mental issues where she performs mental gymnastics to twist the situation where she is a victim.

My daughter got her tonsils and adenoids out at 11 years old and was 100% in less than a week.

But is she a Professional MMA fighter who is coming of a broken foot injury?

Terrible example.

Shevchenko is my favorite female fighter. I wanted to see this fight, I literally have no reasons to make an excuse but its the truth. Conor can be inactive for 1+ year at a time while holding the title, but if Montano goes 9 months with injuries she gets stripped.

Double standard.

So it wasn't bullshit, she just intentionally sabotaged her weight cut, got it.

the irony is, if you watch embedded, she was getting some trash snacks to eat to prevent what happened lol

She has 6 total pro fights...

and? she also was a UFC world champion.

the point is what other sport or even other weight class can you be a champion and have little to no experience as a world champion?

and don't say Brock Lesnar, Lesnar had tons of experience in wrestling and is enormous and still was professional enough to never miss weight.

the point is what other sport or even other weight class can you be a champion and have little to no experience as a world champion?

and don't say Brock Lesnar, Lesnar had tons of experience in wrestling and is enormous and still was professional enough to never miss weight.

That's the thing. This really SHOULDN'T have happened. The UFC is a shitshow and has been for a while when it comes to giving out title shots. To put it in perspective, Darren Till is still a bit inexperienced yet has over twice the bouts Montano has fought.

Well Brock made weight in all his fights. And he used to be what was it +300 something in WWE. So he lost weight and slimmed down.
Ronda came in from Judo and made weight in all her fights. I cant recall how many fights she had before becoming champ.
I am just saying they made weight and it was not a problem.

I don’t want to hear about your fetishes. I just want people to have a little respect for women, which apparently gets you attacked on this site.
I bet girls just laugh at you. Fuck those dumb cunts they aren't any more special than anyone else.

between january and june she was in and out of hospital with various issues, so she didnt train as much as she would have done.

So basically she got a lot heavier in the run up to the fight than normal. I think she said she started training in July and her entire camp was solely about weight.

The Performance Institute were actually advising her and handling her weight-cut which is kinda ironic..

her theory is that cutting weight so many times in succession for the show has fucked up her body and fucked up this weight cut. Ive no idea if thats true or not

She was in and out of the hospital and had a tonsillectomy which is like mando 2 weeks no solid food so how the fuck did she get so fat

At 144lbs, Valentina came in at 15.2% over the 125lb limit on check-in day, last Tuesday. The UFC recommends a maximum of 8% on check-in day. 15.2%!! She needed to lose almost double the weight that she should have.

I don't know exactly whats up with the ladies weight cuts.

Yea a tad heavy but not extreme.. not ideal either she should have been high 130's starting Monday morning to be right on point.

125 should be high 130's low 140's on fight night depending on how can they manage the cut and recovery.

If she isn't this good at cutting she should diet down and be ready for a smaller cut in single digits like 8-9 pounds.

Back