Montano: "I came on Tuesday at 144lbs"

So, she's too big for the division now I guess

How was she able to make weight 3 times on TUF in a short while? Did she bulk up too much?

She had several illnesses/injuries and probably put on another 10 pounds. Broken foot that put her out for the first half of 2018, and then apparently had some a tonsil and adenoid issue that she had to get surgery for.

UFC pretty much shitted on her.

hero_whale_humpback.jpg
Don't see what this pic of Mackenzie Dern has to do with anything...

If ANYONE has a job to be a certain weight for their job like MMA and don't make it then people will say something. Khabib got it, Till got it, Dern got it, and now Montana is getting it. Gender is irrelevant in this case. Oh and maybe sherdog isn't for you if that offends you. It gets much much worse. Just a heads up.
Well I’ll be prepared to report their messages and give them an earful as well.

She also said Valentina hoped she'd drop out because Val was scared to fight someone like her.

Cut this delusional idiot already.

She had several illnesses/injuries and probably put on another 10 pounds. Broken foot that put her out for the first half of 2018, and then apparently had some a tonsil and adenoid issue that she had to get surgery for.

Let's hope she makes a full recovery then.

If it's health issues that caused this, they should have made an interim title for Val or something.

Women want equality, when convenient. When inconvenient, special privilege/consideration. We don't respect men either.
I couldn’t care less how you treat straight men, tbh.

Last edited:

Excuses

I think people have been talking a bit too much crap about Montano as it does seem like she has health issues, but there is no excuse whatsoever to come in that overweight. What a pathetic person.

My daughter got her tonsils and adenoids out at 11 years old and was 100% in less than a week.

You are correct 15 of 16 made weight just fine. Still does not make her TUF excuse credible after Nicco made weight during the finale.

i think what shes saying, and im not an expert on weight cutting. but it seems that making it regularly was ok (tough but ok) and for the finale she was kinda still rolling from making weight three times in a matter of months.

but after that, then her body started to struggle with the fact she had made weight repeatedly for the show and then again for the finale.

the one person i know who is an expert on weight cutting is Iain Kidd and he has been supportive of her on twitter. Me, im not an expert so im not sure about the long term effects of repeated weight cuts like that.

I mean you need to be with 10% of fight weight and she was a bit over. Certainly wouldn’t say it’s “appalling”. People forget she doesn’t have that much fight experience and her weight cut strategies aren’t gonna be perfect. Valentina has been fighting professionally for years. Montano will be back.

Back