Montano: "I came on Tuesday at 144lbs"

I mean you need to be with 10% of fight weight and she was a bit over. Certainly wouldn’t say it’s “appalling”.
Isn't that 10% recommendation a CSAC thing? Genuinely asking, I admit to my ignorance. Anyway, just for the sake of the discussion, she would have been over the recommended maximum weight by 32% of the excess weight (32% of the 10%), which is substantial.

I mean you need to be with 10% of fight weight and she was a bit over. Certainly wouldn’t say it’s “appalling”. People forget she doesn’t have that much fight experience and her weight cut strategies aren’t gonna be perfect. Valentina has been fighting professionally for years. Montano will be back.

doesn't have much fight experience..

was a UFC world champion....

144lbs and expected to be able to cut that safely eating only greek yogurt and eggs as her main diet (according to embedded)...smh
I laughed at that part of Embedded video because she just confirmed she has no clue how to cut weight properly. "I'm just gonna starve myself, mkay. That's how I do it, mkay"

Yup, it’s only recommended. They do it so that way they can have time to potentially find a replacement. Was her weight confirmed by the UFC ? Because if she came in over 30% above her fight weight on Tuesday that would of been concerning for the UFC and I’m sure they would of been shopping a replacement fight. Andrade said she offered to fight but on Friday evening .

Isn't that 10% recommendation a CSAC thing? Genuinely asking, I admit to my ignorance. Anyway, just for the sake of the discussion, she would have been over the recommended maximum weight by 32% of the excess weight (32% of the 10%), which is substantial.

What an idiot.

Tired of hearing "my body wouldn't co-operate" as if it's not entirely due to mismanaging your weight for the entirety of your camp and expect to cut an extreme amount of weight in less than 5 days.

Attempting 13% dehydration isn't going to work out well. Even from her usual 141 lbs is a whopping 11%.

That's really unprofessional and she didn't seem stressed about it. She looked heavy and not very into the fight IMO.

Back