Locked MNN (Jake Gyllenhaal to Star in Tom Clancy's The Division; First Trailer for Monster Trucks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumor: Sony's SPIDER-MAN Animated Movie Will Be About Miles Morales

Spider-Man-Miles-Morales-052716a-Dragonlord.jpg

According to Heroic Hollywood's sources, Miles Morales the teenage Half-Black, Half-Puerto Rican Spider-Man will be the focus of Phil Lord and Chris Miller’s 2018 animated Spider-Man film due from Sony on December 21, 2018.

The biggest clue (which was overlooked by many) was revealed last year at Cinemacon when Tom Rothman, chairman of the Sony Pictures Entertainment Motion Picture Group, took the stage and made the announcement. "The film will exist independently of the projects in the live-action Spider-Man universe, all of which are continuing," Rothman said.

In other words, the animated film will not be tied to the current live action MCU currently featuring Tom Holland as Spider-Man in Captain America: Civil War.

Miles Morales was created by writer Brian Michael Bendis and artist Sara Pichelli, with Bendis and Marvel editor-in-chief Axel Alonso drawing inspiration from both U.S. President Barack Obama and American actor Donald Glover. Morales was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York City, the 13-year-oldson of an African American father and a Puerto Rican mother.

Axel Alonso has described Miles as an intelligent nerd with an aptitude for science similar to his predecessor, Peter Parker. The character made his debut in the fourth issue of the Ultimate Fallout limited series, which was released on August 3, 2011. He later starred in the relaunched Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man series, written by Bendis and drawn by Pichelli, in September 2011.

Miles Morales To Be Focus Of 2018 Animated Spider-Man Film!

Jeff Bridges Joins Matthew Vaughn's KINGSMAN: THE GOLDEN CIRCLE

Jeff-Bridges-Kingsman-The-Golden-Circle-Dragonlord.jpg

The Dude will next be fighting for Queen and Country in some capacity, as Jeff Bridges has joined the cast of Kingsman: The Golden Circle, Matthew Vaughn’s follow up to his 2015 over the top spy actioner Kingsman: The Secret Service.

The Iron Man and The Big Lebowski actor confirmed the news this morning the same way almost every other new cast member has: on Twitter, with a Kingsman poster bearing cryptic text suggesting something about his character. “The only golden circle I want vexing me,” the image says, “is the one my glass leaves behind on the table.”

Picking up from where the original film left off, Kingsman: The Golden Circle sees Chav-turned-superspy Gary “Eggsy” Unwin (Taron Egerton) and his supervisor Merlin (Mark Strong) heading to the US to join forces with the “Statesman”, the Kingsman agency’s American counterparts, after the destruction of Kingsman HQ at the hands of evil mastermind Poppy (Julianne Moore).

The film also sees the return of Colin Firth as Harry Hart (despite the character’s apparent death in the first outing), joined this time out by Halle Berry, Channing Tatum, Edward Holcroft, Sophie Cookson, Pedro Pascal, and, no really, Sir Elton John.

Vaughn is directing the 20th Century Fox film from a script he cowrote with Jane Goldman. Kingsman: The Golden Circle hits theaters 16 June 2017.

Jeff Bridges Announces He is Joining the Cast of Matthew Vaughn's 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'

SPECTRE Director Sam Mendes Will Not Return for BOND 25

Skyfall-Sam-Mendes-Daniel-Craig-Dragonlord.jpg

Sam Mendes is finished with James Bond. The acclaimed British director of Skyfall and Spectre said Saturday he will not direct the next installment in the popular spy series.

"It was an incredible adventure, I loved every second of it," Mendes said of his five years working on the thriller franchise. "But I think it's time for somebody else."

Mendes revealed his plans to step down from the series to an audience at the Hay Festival of literature in Wales. A former theatre director whose films include the Oscar-winner American Beauty and the somber Revolutionary Road, Mendes said he hoped the next Bond director would come from an "unexpected direction," just as he had.

Mendes himself indicated a desire to work on something fresh. "I'm a storyteller. And at the end of the day, I want to make stories with new characters," he said.

Mendes' announcement clarifies that he won't direct the next film, but it's not yet clear if Daniel Craig will return for a fifth turn as 007.

Tom Hiddleston and Idris Elba are among his rumored replacements. Both are popular with moviegoers, but Mendes said lobbying by fans is pointless because the decision will be made solely by the series' producer, Barbara Broccoli.

"It's not a democracy ... Barbara Broccoli decides who is going to be the next Bond, end of story," he said.

Mendes said that worked out well when Broccoli chose Craig, a little-known actor, for the key role at a time when he had "zero" support from fans. Many fans now consider Craig's portrayal of the suave spy as having revitalized the Bond series.

'Skyfall' and 'Spectre' Director Sam Mendes Will Not Return for Next 'Bond' Installment

Rumor: Sony's SPIDER-MAN Animated Movie Will Be About Miles Morales

Spider-Man-Miles-Morales-052716a-Dragonlord.jpg

According to Heroic Hollywood's sources, Miles Morales the teenage Half-Black, Half-Puerto Rican Spider-Man will be the focus of Phil Lord and Chris Miller’s 2018 animated Spider-Man film due from Sony on December 21, 2018.

The biggest clue (which was overlooked by many) was revealed last year at Cinemacon when Tom Rothman, chairman of the Sony Pictures Entertainment Motion Picture Group, took the stage and made the announcement. "The film will exist independently of the projects in the live-action Spider-Man universe, all of which are continuing," Rothman said.

In other words, the animated film will not be tied to the current live action MCU currently featuring Tom Holland as Spider-Man in Captain America: Civil War.

Miles Morales was created by writer Brian Michael Bendis and artist Sara Pichelli, with Bendis and Marvel editor-in-chief Axel Alonso drawing inspiration from both U.S. President Barack Obama and American actor Donald Glover. Morales was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York City, the 13-year-oldson of an African American father and a Puerto Rican mother.

Axel Alonso has described Miles as an intelligent nerd with an aptitude for science similar to his predecessor, Peter Parker. The character made his debut in the fourth issue of the Ultimate Fallout limited series, which was released on August 3, 2011. He later starred in the relaunched Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man series, written by Bendis and drawn by Pichelli, in September 2011.

Miles Morales To Be Focus Of 2018 Animated Spider-Man Film!

Shit like this makes me wish there was a 'Thumbs Down' button.

MAZE RUNNER: THE DEATH CURE Release Delayed Nearly a Year

Maze-Runner-Scorch-Trials-052816-Dragonlord.jpg

As Maze Runner star Dylan O'Brien continues to recover from injuries sustained in a March 18 accident on set, Fox has pushed the release date for the third film in the trilogy, The Death Cure, back by nearly a year to Jan. 12, 2018.

The movie had been set for a Feb. 17, 2017 bow but THR previously revealed that after production was shut down for the foreseeable future on April 29 it seemed unlikely that The Death Cure would be able to make that release date.

According to sources, O'Brien was in a harness on top of a moving vehicle when he was pulled off the vehicle unexpectedly and hit by another vehicle. His injuries were described in a report from WorkSafeBC as including a "concussion, facial fracture and lacerations." When the production shutdown was extended, insider told THR that O'Brien's injuries were more severe than initially believed.

Wes Ball is directing The Death Cure, in which O'Brien's character searches for a cure for a deadly disease called the "Flare."

Fox Delays 'Maze Runner' Sequel Release By Nearly a Year as Star Dylan O'Brien Continues Recovery

Dwayne Johnson's New Look for FAST & FURIOUS 8, Teases Hobbs Spinoff

Dwayne Johnson wrote on Facebook: "When you strip a man of all he has. All that's important to him. You force him to return to his roots.. and sometimes that's a very dangerous and twisted place.

If I was going to return for another Fast & Furious I wanted to come in and disrupt the franchise in a cool way that got fans fired up and their blood pumping to see a new version of Hobbs and his "Daddy's gotta go to work" mentality and set the table in a cool way for where the character goes in the future.

Maybe it's a spinoff movie. Maybe it's more #FF movies. Or hell maybe Hobbs just gets on his motorcycle and rides off into the sunset never to be seen again.

Either way, I've had a solid first week of shooting, good to be back with the ohana, good to work again w/ my bud and director F. Gary Gray and our home studio of Universal Studios Entertainment, as always have been the best partners to me and my Seven Bucks Productions team. Most importantly... you guys around the world will really dig this new version of the role, 'cause as we always say, disrupters dent the universe.
#Hobbs #TwistedRoots #1Disrupter #1Savage #F8"

13267718_10154429495654384_2515421572079023850_n.jpg

New POPSTAR Music Video "I'm a Weirdo Freestyle"

Andy Samberg and The Lonely Island's new film, Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping, hits theaters June 3, but before then, there's just one thing Samberg's character, Conner4Real, wants his fans to know: He's a weirdo.

In a new music video released Friday, called "I'm a Weirdo Freestyle," Conner4Real raps with a posse backing him that jumps in for accents on some of his best rhymes. While the choreography suggests this is not an actual freestyle, the subtle confessions delivered over a sick beat make it pretty convincing that he is actually pretty strange.

Andy Samberg Raps About His "Weirdo" Lifestyle in 'Popstar' Music Video

Jeremy Irons Says BATMAN V SUPERMAN Deserved Its Bad Reviews

Batman-v-Superman-Alfred-Jeremy-Irons-Dragonlord.jpg

Speaking with the Daily Mail, Jeremy Irons minced no words in talking about the poor reviews for the Zack Snyder-helmed superhero smackdown, saying he found the less-than-glowing critical response to be warranted:

‘Deservedly so. I mean it took $800 million, so the kicking didn’t matter but it was sort of overstuffed…It was very muddled. I think the next one will be simpler. The script is certainly a lot smaller, it’s more linear.”

That “next one” is the currently filming Justice League Part One, which Snyder is directing but which is being watched ever-closely by the media and Warner Bros. alike. Indeed, the studio has been doing some major course-correction in the wake ofBvS, from upping Ben Affleck to an executive producer to setting an official head of DC Films to scaling back the roles of those that have been intimately involved in the crafting of the DC Extended Universe thus far. So while Irons’ words may be a bit harsh coming from someone who was in the movie and will be part of the universe for some time to come, it’s not as if the studio is pretending that everything is hunky dory.

Jeremy Irons Says 'Batman v Superman' Was "Overstuffed," "Muddled" and Deserved Its Bad Reviews

Jesse Eisenberg Confirms Lex Luthor to Return in JUSTICE LEAGUE

Batman-v-Superman-Lex-Luthor-102015-Dragonlord.jpg

A big piece of the DC Films puzzle has been confirmed to appear in Justice League, and that’s Jesse Eisenberg’s Lex Luthor. Speaking at MCM London Comic-Con today, Eisenberg revealed that he indeed has a role in Justice League:

“I’m kind of in wait. They just started filming Justice League, so I’m kind of like waiting for my crack at it. I don’t know what I’m allowed to say, because I feel like there’s probably some drone following me from DC, and if I say anything wrong I get, you know, picked off. But yeah I think so, and I love it, and I love everybody who’s in it. You know, it’s a really talented group of people.”

While Luthor’s motivations were fairly muddled in Batman v Superman, the film did appear to set him up as a significant part of the DC Extended Universe going forward, especially so in a deleted scene that showed Luthor communicating with an otherworldly being—likely Steppenwolf. Indeed, Steppenwolf is rumored to be the Big Bad of Justice League, so it makes sense that Luthor would have some sort of role in the follow-up given all that time he spent in that alien goo.

It’ll be interesting to see what kind of film Justice League is when it hits theaters. BvS actor Jeremy Irons recently got very candid about that movie’s problems, and with all the behind-the-scenes changes taking place, Warner Bros. appears to be taking steps to make sure Justice League doesn’t suffer from the same issues.

Jesse Eisenberg Confirms Lex Luthor to Return in Zack Snyder's 'Justice League Part One'

Dwayne Johnson Confirmed to Star in Shane Black's DOC SAVAGE

Dwayne-Johnson-Doc-Savage-05-Dragonlord.jpg

Dwayne Johnson is adding a new superhero to his resume: Doc Savage. The actor said on Monday that he would be teaming with director Shane Black to bring the pulpy action hero to life in a new film, which had been in development at Sony Pictures.

Johnson wrote on Monday that he had sat down with screenwriters Anthony Bagarozzi and Charles Mondry over the weekend "to chop up creative and break story on this very cool project." Also, he noted, "the #1 reason I'm excited to become Doc Savage.. He's a F*cking Hilarious Weirdo!"

Black is planning to tackle the project after a Predator reboot for Fox. Black, who helmed Iron Man 3 and wrote Lethal Weapon, just saw his Russell Crowe and Ryan Gosling starrer The Nice Guys pick up nice notices from critics, although it has performed modestly at the U.S. box office since May 20.

The superhero title will be just the latest on Johnson's busy slate. He is starring alongside Kevin Hart in action comedy Central Intelligence, set for a June 17 release. The actor also stars in the adaptation of Baywatch and the tentpole Fast 8 set for next summer, has a San Andreas sequel in the works and signed on for the remake of Jumanji.

Dwayne Johnson to Star in Shane Black's 'Doc Savage' Film

ZOOTOPIA is Now the Second Biggest Original Movie Ever

Zootopia-053016-Dragonlord.jpg

Walt Disney's Zootopia is one of three Walt Disney animated features this year, and, at a glance, it seemed to be the lowest profile of the trio. It’s not the big Pixar sequel (Finding Dory), and it’s not the Thanksgiving fairy tale princess epic (Moana). The quirky gem of a comedy, which sold itself as a zippy talking animal comedy but turned out to be a potent metaphor for race relations and fear-based social control, earned superb reviews and terrific word-of-mouth and sits alongside Deadpool as the “Holy crap!” success story of the year.

And now it’s on the cusp of crossing the $1 billion mark worldwide. With $991 million worldwide, it’s the fourth-biggest animated film ever behind Toy Story 3 ($1.063b), Minions ($1.159b), and Frozen ($1.276b). It is the sixth-biggest “non-sequel/prequel” of all time, behind Alice in Wonderland ($1.025b), Jurassic Park ($1.029b, including the 2013 3D reissue), Frozen ($1.27b), Titanic ($2.186b), and Avatar ($2. 787b). It is Walt Disney’s eleventh-biggest movie ever globally.

Oh, and it is the second-biggest “original” movie ever released (not accounting for inflation) behind only James Cameron’s Avatar. Zootopia was not based on a television show, a comic book, a novel, or a stage play. It was not a sequel, prequel, or reboot from an existing franchise. It is not based on an actual historical event. It was an entirely original concoction.

The hook for Zootopia was basically “Here is a Disney animated feature that looks quite good, and the critics say it’s quite good,” and the film itself did the rest after a gonzo $75 million opening weekend. Once the movie opened, it just kept going and going well beyond realistic expectations for a $75m animated opener.

With $336 million domestic (and not quite dead yet), the film has earned a remarkable 4.5x weekend-to-final multiplier, which is one of the leggier runs in recent memory for a wide release. It spent thirteen consecutive weeks in the top ten, putting it right behind Avatar (14 weeks) and Frozen (16 weeks) among pretty much any film over the last decade.

The film has placed itself at the forefront of next year’s Best Animated Feature Oscar race, and there may be a Best Picture push depending on what falls where.

Box Office: Disney's 'Zootopia' Is Now The Second-Biggest Original Movie Ever; On the Cusp of Crossing $1 Billion Worldwide

First Concept Art for Pixar's CARS 3, New Details Revealed

Championship racer Lightning McQueen, voiced by Owen Wilson, will need help to compete in the increasingly high-tech racing world of the upcoming Cars 3, coming to theaters June 16, 2017.

That’s where the new trainer comes in — the sleek, yellow Cruz Ramirez is a young Hispanic female race car who instructs Lightning McQueen, as this exclusive concept art depicts during a beach run.

“Cruz Ramirez is trying to figure out how this old dog can learn some new tricks,” says Cars 3 director Brian Fee.

“Think of where he’d be in his career now in real time,” says Fee. “(McQueen) is not an old man, but he's one of the older cars on the circuit with new rookies coming in. People start to wonder and ask when he might retire.”

635998682599351107-cars3-concept-art-2015.10.07-Beach-Race-Nklocek-002.jpg

These questions grow louder after a race trouncing by upstart Jackson Storm.

“Jackson Storm is the face of these rookies who have come onto the scene,” says Fee. “And McQueen is in a position where his entire racing generation is being pushed out. But it’s too early to be shown the door right now.”

Ramirez aims to help him adapt and close the technical gap. The duo prepare in the racing off-season for McQueen’s one chance to show he’s got the goods in the Florida 500 (the equivalent of the Daytona 500).

“Everyone can relate to feeling like someone is at their heels, that they might be a little outdated in something they used to be very good at, feeling an expiration date. And knowing you need someone to help you get a second chance," says Fee.

635998684668262893-cars3-concept-art-2015.10.07-Beach-Race-Nklocek-001-2-.jpg

Sneak peek: 'Cars 3' zooms ahead with new character Cruz Ramirez

You don't like Miles Morales? His run in Ultimates was very cool IMO

Could
Not
Care
Less

So BMB kills Peter Parker off in the Ultimates line. Ok, that's fine. They gave him a very emotional final arc.

'But wait! There's a new Spider-Man!'

Um.... ok... one that's not Peter Parker. I keep an open mind, sell me on him.

'This one is African American!'

Ummmm... I don't care about a character's...

'He's also Puerto Rican!'

Once again, I don't...

'And he's gay!'

This is why you killed off Peter...

'And he has a resemblance to President Obama!'

Fuck it, I'm out.

You might as well make him the bastard son of Obama, since he's actually a character.

ASM583-5th.jpg

Otherwise, I'm sick of entertainment being infiltrated by political agendas.

Quick, name 10 upcoming movies that don't have Dwayne Johnson in them! You can't!

Could
Not
Care
Less

So BMB kills Peter Parker off in the Ultimates line. Ok, that's fine. They gave him a very emotional final arc.

'But wait! There's a new Spider-Man!'

Um.... ok... one that's not Peter Parker. I keep an open mind, sell me on him.

'This one is African American!'

Ummmm... I don't care about a character's...

'He's also Puerto Rican!'

Once again, I don't...

'And he's gay!'

This is why you killed off Peter...

'And he has a resemblance to President Obama!'

Fuck it, I'm out.

You might as well make him the bastard son of Obama, since he's actually a character.

ASM583-5th.jpg

Otherwise, I'm sick of entertainment being infiltrated by political agendas.
Miles Morales is not gay though. That was just a rumor that was quickly squashed back in 2011.

Miles Morales is not gay though. That was just a rumor that was quickly squashed back in 2011.

Thought BMB comfirmed Miles was gay on a talk show.

Oh well, he was probably joking.

Has Miles had a girlfriend in the comics, or have they purposely made his preference ambiguous?

Thought BMB comfirmed Miles was gay on a talk show.

Oh well, he was probably joking.

Has Miles had a girlfriend in the comics, or have they purposely made his preference ambiguous?
he has a crush on one of the x-men women I think. Jean maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back