MMA's most humbling fights, my top three. What are your favorites?

Hispanic-Clap.gif

GSP/Penn 2
Big Nog/Schaub
Bisping/Hendo

Bisping/Hendo, Shogun/Forrest I, Ken/Tito I, and Arlovski/Sylvia 2. All fights that were a huge reality check for each fighter.

Rashad vs Machida

Should be in the top 3!

Rashad was trash talking right before he got knocked out.

Just came in here to note that
Melvin guillard losses/ thread

That sub defense man

Too true. That list could be a lot longer, but those fights in particular stood out because a lot of trash talk from Melvin, followed by very decisive, embarrassing defeats.

Easily Anderson vs Forrest.

Love both guys and while I kinda expected Anderson to win, the utter tooling he put on Griffin was unbelievable.

Humbling, soul stealing, humiliating stuff and Forrest has never been the same since.

Damn, some good ones. Warren is one of the biggest antagonists in the sport. Shad got knocked out, and has the best mma shops in history to honor him. He's a good guy though, Cheeda just had his number. I'll add them when I get home later.

That Bisping gif is heartwarming. Dan should have made Christmas cards out of it.

Last edited:
As a Brit I'm a much bigger fan of Hendo than Bisping but the reality is IMHO that both men were talking smack before that match, Hendo just came off second best and had nationalism behind him.

Mirko/Gonzaga
Shogun/Forrest (though the knee surgeries are a legit reason for the loss)
Chuck/Rampage (both)
Fedor/Sylvia

GSP humbles everyone he fights. He just breaks them down for twenty-five minutes and renders all their techniques useless against him. Not the most exciting, but definitely humbling.

Back