MMA's most humbling fights, my top three. What are your favorites?

I'm trying to figure out how was Chael humbled when he is the exact the same person he was before even after the fact he was beaten.

Chael has definitely changed his tune about Anderson after he was beaten.He still talks crap about other fighters,but in reference to Anderson you wouldnt believe he's the same person.

At the time he was a virtual nobody and Jardine thought it was a disgrace that he has to fight somebody at that level as I think he was just coming off a win over Forrest. Was so good to see him get blasted and brought back to his real level.

I'm picturing the shop where Jardine turned into a rocket, and flew away after one of the uppercuts. :)

What goes around comes around though. We seen what kind of ground game Houston had when he fought Silva.

Maybe Machida vs T. Silva
Rashad vs Machida
Chuck and Tito
Tito and Ken

For Sherdoggers lately : Mc Donald vs Penn...Incredible how many people were saying how Penn would destroy Mc Donald...

Couture Vs Sylvia

What made it even more humbling was that Randy dominated the bigger HW champ for the whole 5 rounds.

#1 BJ Penn vs. Georges St. Pierre 2

2n67jpv.jpg

It's not often an entire message board is so divided between two distinct groups of loyal fans. In MMA terms this fight was the equivalent of the American Civil War. The difference being team Penn hurled insults, and made bold statements the whole time leading up to the fight only for it to be completely thrown back in his face. It doesn't get much worse than your mother speaking at a commission hearing for you. Mods were banned, and butts were prolapsed.

Ahhhhhhhhhh...the Best of Times!

Thankfully, the better man one. The better fan base won too:icon_chee

Where's RVCA man, Positive Balance, Gracie BJJ, BigAl14, Facedancer and Jerzey Devil now:rolleyes:?

Heath talked a lot, and didnt think Brock was on his level. He hasnt fought again since that loss, i'd say that's humbling. I like Heath too.

If you want to talk humbling also Aoki getting knocked out in the MMA portion of his fight with Nagashima after he ran during the stand up portion.

Yeah that was pretty epic, the commentators went crazy. Also Badr getting Ko'd by Reem after dissing mma with his "hugging shit, real men fight fight k1"

Hendo/Bisping. Although Bisping still talks a lot of trash, he's actually gotten somewhat likable since that fight.

GSP/Serra I: Made GSP realize that even the biggest underdogs can get upsets sometimes. That fight has caused GSP to train harder and fight safer.

GSP/Serra II: GSP basically let Serra know he wasn't a top 10 fighter and took his soul.

Silva vs Forrest
Hendo vs Bisping
Cain vs Lesnar

Murilo giving it to Bonello is the right answer.

Ahhhhhhhhhh...the Best of Times!

Thankfully, the better man one. The better fan base won too:icon_chee

Where's RVCA man, Positive Balance, Gracie BJJ, BigAl14, Facedancer and Jerzey Devil now:rolleyes:?

Never have I ever seen a build up to fight like that. Nothing compares in my opinion. :icon_chee

Also Carlos Condit when he fought Dan Hardy. Yes Hardy was coming off a loss, but he still talked it up.

"If he's working with Greg Jackson, he's put a game plan together and he no longer has that tenacity, then I don't really know what else he's got. He's not technical or powerful enough to win the fight in any other way." Dan Hardy

Plus I recall him saying he was scared to fly there or something.

Frank Mir vs Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira I and II.
Mir outstroked him, outwrestled him and out BJJ'd him.

I don't know how TS didn't think of these

Why size matters
20110212092630_IMG_9322.JPG

Jits are relevent
20100626090839_IMG_1749.JPG

fedor-henderson-ko.jpg

"GSP is a B-Level fighter"
--Frank Trigg

"Jiu Jitsu doesn't work"
--Dave Herman

357o9bl.jpg

Back