MMA's most humbling fights, my top three. What are your favorites?

antithetic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

# NEW!!!!! CONOR KHABIB

giphy.gif

#1 BJ Penn vs. Georges St. Pierre 2

2n67jpv.jpg

It's not often an entire message board is so divided between two distinct groups of loyal fans. In MMA terms this fight was the equivalent of the American Civil War. The difference being team Penn hurled insults, and made bold statements the whole time leading up to the fight only for it to be completely thrown back in his face. It doesn't get much worse than your mother speaking at a commission hearing for you. Mods were banned, and butts were prolapsed.

#2 Anderson Silva Vs. Chael Sonnen 1&2

Chael_Sonnen_Disguise_UFC_148_Press_Conference_10032863.jpg

The best fighter we've ever seen in the cage fights a solid wrestler with the biggest mouth the cage has ever seen. If Chael was a poster on sherdog.net he'd be banned within an hour. Nobody has ever insulted someone as badly as Chael did to Anderson. Again the fans were divided, and Chael gained a loyal following afterwards for his stand up efforts. Also It's pretty damn humiliating, and humbling to get submitted with a few seconds left on the clock after you've been taking something to increase your male hormones.

#3 Heath Herring Vs. Brock Lesnar

brock_ride_herring.gif

This was a case of Pride veteran, and fan favorite meets the male soap opera star viking with a blunt instrument tattooed on his chest. Little did Heath know even with all of his experience, and stand up he was no match up for an elite wrestler who resembled a white rhino when he charged for the take down.

Honorable mention:

Tony Bonello Vs. Ninja Rua

murilo-rua_tony-bonello.gif

Anderson Silva Vs. Chris Leben

anderson-silva_chris-leben.gif

Anderson Silva vs Chris Weidman

What goes around comes around.

chris-weidman-anderson-silva-knockout-gif.gif

What are yours? Updated poster opinions

Shad - Machida
Anderson - Forrest
Crocop - Gonzaga
Fedor - Sylvia
GSP - Serra 1
Schaub - Nog
Arlovski - Sylvia 2
Joe Warren - Alexis Villa
Condit - Diaz
Rory - Penn
Penn - Pulver 2
Chuck - Rampage
Hughes - Penn 1
Lesnar - Cain/Overeem
Guillard - Everyone he lost to basically.
Henderon - Diaz
Fedor - Werdum
Randy - Vitor 1
Jardine - Alexander
Mir - Nog
Chuck - Tito 1
Aoki - Nagashima
Couture - Sylvia
Jon Fitch vs Erick Silva
Sakurai - Aoki
Hughes - GSP 3
GSP- Kos 1
Nate vs Rory
Tanner - Terrell
Hardy - Condit
Hughes (donny) - Trigg
Saku - All Gracies
Royce - Trolling everyone in the early UFC's.
Overeem - Bigfoot
Henderson - Bisping

Last edited:
Came in here to post Leben vs Silva but it looks like you got that one, loved seeing him get destroyed after talking shit about the competition in Japan. Bispong vs Hendo was great too can't stand biaping and he talked a lot of shit

i don't really understand lesnar/heath. not like heath needed to be humbled, or that he was even a well-known ufc fighter. i think this was his 2nd or 3rd ufc fight? either way:

penn/pulver 2

tito/sham 3

cain or overeem/lesnar

chuck/rampage

Melvin Guillard vs. Joe Stevenson, Melvin Guillard vs. Rich Clementi, Melvin Guillard vs. Nate Diaz, and Melvin Guillard vs. Joe Lauzon.

in terms of message board hype to humble, shouldnt Shogun/Jones be up there?

Munoz/Weidman

melvin/cerrone. before that people thought melvin could only be stopped by subs
Fedor/Werdum
Diaz/Henderson

lesnars behavior in the herring fight made me thoroughly dislike him for the rest of his career

i don't really understand lesnar/heath. not like heath needed to be humbled, or that he was even a well-known ufc fighter. i think this was his 2nd or 3rd ufc fight? either way:

penn/pulver 2

tito/sham 3

cain or overeem/lesnar

chuck/rampage

Heath talked a lot, and didnt think Brock was on his level. He hasnt fought again since that loss, i'd say that's humbling. I like Heath too.

If you want to talk humbling also Aoki getting knocked out in the MMA portion of his fight with Nagashima after he ran during the stand up portion.

Melvin Guillard vs. Joe Stevenson, Melvin Guillard vs. Rich Clementi, Melvin Guillard vs. Nate Diaz, and Melvin Guillard vs. Joe Lauzon.

Just came in here to note that
Melvin guillard losses/ thread

That sub defense man

lesnars behavior in the herring fight made me thoroughly dislike him for the rest of his career

Same, even though I felt bad about the diverticulitis. Cain restored the natural order of things!

I think the Heath Herring- Brock Lesnar thing is meant as the measure of Butt-Hurt from fans at the time rather than the actual fighter needing to be humbled. It's too different things really.

Shogun vs. Forrest 1 came to mind.
Both humbling for Pride FC fans and Shogun.

I think the Heath Herring- Brock Lesnar thing is meant as the measure of Butt-Hurt from fans at the time rather than the actual fighter needing to be humbled. It's too different things really.

Agreed about the butt-hurt, but as a result he was humbled because he said Brock shouldn't be in the same cage as him. He completely disregarded Brock, and thought he was a side show.

Back