MMA's most humbling fights, my top three. What are your favorites?

As a Brit I'm a much bigger fan of Hendo than Bisping but the reality is IMHO that both men were talking smack before that match, Hendo just came off second best and had nationalism behind him.

Idk about that, if you watched their season of TUF Bisping was digging at Hendo whenever he had an opportunity and Dan would just shrug it off. Maybe in the interviews he made some remarks about how he didn't care what Bisping had to say since he was gonna get KO'd anyway, but you can't dismiss Bisping constantly getting at Dan with little quips throughout the whole show. It made for an oh-so-sweet KO that had little to do with nationalism and everything to do with the quiet man knocking the loudmouth senseless.

love bj but i have to say
just about every one his losses since he talks big before all his fights

Glad TS mentioned Erick Silva vs. Fitch. That was an awesome fight. I think Silva will become a better fighter for it.

Heath Herring was a fan favorite? I've never come across anyone who was of fan of his. He doesn't necessarily have any haters, but not fans either. Most people are pretty indifferent to him.

If you're talking MMA fans yes, I'd say he had a loyal following as he was a likable guy. He was carrying MMA on his shoulders when he was fighting a guy from the "WWE".

I think Jones/Hendo or Jones/Belfort deserves a mention.

Even though Bones didn't really fight Dan that night, people were divided over it for months leading up to the cancellation. Same with him and Belfort, except in a much shorter time frame.

forgot to say jardine/alexander. nobody knew who houston was and i think kieth had just beaten chuck. he was saying how he should be getting a title shot or something instead of fighting some no name dude. then he got KOd like 4 times in that fight lol

I'm with you for Leben Silva. I knew Silva was a solid striker but he took leben to town with no time wasted.

Munoz needed a reality check, he was high off his on aura before that fight.

All the ranking aggregate sites needed a reality check too. He was widely considered the number 3 MW in the world prior to the Weidman fight. Laughable.

Pretty much this. It made him getting smashed by Cain and Overeem SO damn sweet thought.

Shit, I remember when Carwin had him in trouble in their fight. I nearly broke a coffee table I shot up off the couch so fast.

Yeah, Lesnar had lots of hate bags. The man's been retired for over a year and people still cry at the thought of him.

Nate vs Rory (Nate was so humbled he dropped down a weight class.)
Nate vs Bendo
BJ vs Rory (Rory retired BJ.)
GSP vs BJ (TO THE DEATH!)
Hughes vs Kos
Kos vs GSP
BJ vs Edgar II
Rampage vs Bader
Kimbo vs Seth Petruzelli

I'm with you for Leben Silva. I knew Silva was a solid striker but he took leben to town with no time wasted.

The way he took care of Leben was poetry in the cage. It all flowed perfectly! A good portion of people thought he was going to win too!

Nate vs Rory (Nate was so humbled he dropped down a weight class.)
Nate vs Bendo
BJ vs Rory (Rory retired BJ.)
GSP vs BJ (TO THE DEATH!)
Hughes vs Kos
Kos vs GSP
BJ vs Edgar II
Rampage vs Bader

Good call. I'll add them.

Someone explain to me how Rampage/Bader was "humbling". Both of Rampage's knees were shot causing him to miss weight for the first time in his career (and by a large margin), and he was wrestlefucked as a result. Anybody with a clue still knows that Rampage is the vastly superior fighter.

Someone explain to me how Rampage/Bader was "humbling". Both of Rampage's knees were shot causing him to miss weight for the first time in his career (and by a large margin), and he was wrestlefucked as a result. Anybody with a clue still knows that Rampage is the vastly superior fighter.

No, Rampage just isn't an elite fighter and never has been. He has looked awful in every fight since losing to Forrest, so losing to Bader wasn't surprising at all

Lyoto Machida vs Rashad Evans

Rashad in his previous fight.

tumblr_m2xl04S7Z31qfrkf9o1_500.gif

Then

th_machidagif.gif

No, Rampage just isn't an elite fighter and never has been. He has looked awful in every fight since losing to Forrest, so losing to Bader wasn't surprising at all

Like I said. Anybody with a clue realizes that Rampage is the far superior fighter.

Back