MMA shouldnt be a sport

It only works to the detriment of our entertainment, by making watered down rules and events.

Look at PRIDE, they knew exacly what they were doing, it was something ABOVE any sport earth has ever seen, and as long as the UFC keep trying to make the UFC a sport MMA will never reach its true glory.

A toast to the Yakuza, these guys knew how to make a show.

Do you get WWE in Brazil? My kid loves TNA Impact BTW.

Fake fights is something only americans/**** can appreciate, here in Brazil this crap doesnt fly, we cant possibly even beggin to comprehend why a market for fake fights exist.

Competition is so important, it should come before any rules/regulations or rankings, ITS A FIGHT ffs, its supposed to mean more than just the best MMA practitioner.

People in brazil don't watch dramas?

Agreed, most sports are boring as shit.

That's sad.

camacho-for-president-idiocracy-t-shirt-vintage-t-shirt-review-vintage-cotton-vintage-cotton-3.jpg.gif

The UFC has helped make the sport acceptable. Without them working with the athletic commission we would all have to scour the internet just to find two out of shape fat dudes fighting in a parking garage.

I can't speak for you or anyone else, by I for one have never searched for two out of shape fat dudes doing anything at all, even fighting.

Sounds like you might need to clear your history/cookies.

It only works to the detriment of our entertainment, by making watered down rules and events.

Look at PRIDE, they knew exacly what they were doing, it was something ABOVE any sport earth has ever seen, and as long as the UFC keep trying to make the UFC a sport MMA will never reach its true glory.

It's disgusting to think people like you actually claim you're "MMA fans." FYI: any sport that is known and followed by anyone on earth is promoted... Every successful sport is promoted through entertainment business. To be honest, I don't even know why I am wasting my time explaining this to you, because just having that opinion tells me that you don't care about the sport of Mixed Martial Arts. But if it weren't for the UFC, most people wouldn't even know about MMA, and the people that did would have most likely forgotten about it. The UFC is a stage where fans can see the best fighters in the world compete against each other. Not so they have to watch 10 different shows online to see guys who are talented every once in a while and wish they would fight another guy in a different organization. Your argument is laughable and if you claim you are entitled to that opinion then I am entitled to tell you to leave sherdog, as this is a place for fans of THE SPORT of MMA.

Pride's single PPV had 32K buys with a stacked card in 2006. That is less than the buys for UFC 1. UFC has much higher viewership than Pride ever did (at least in the US).

Hardcore fans like to overstate it's importance, but Pride was only watched by a very small number of people..

We need Real freaking judges. Cecil peoples and his Boxing buddys are going to ruin the sport. LEts have a real time round winner gauge. An indicator that tells the fighter and the public who won the last round. that keeps the judges in check. if the public is not agreeing they will boo the judges.
LETs HAVE REAL TIME SCORING. Dont tell me we dont have the technology.

Fake fights is something only americans/**** can appreciate, here in Brazil this crap doesnt fly, we cant possibly even beggin to comprehend why a market for fake fights exist.

Competition is so important, it should come before any rules/regulations or rankings, ITS A FIGHT ffs, its supposed to mean more than just the best MMA practitioner.

ted-boy-marino.jpg

lol trollio

nice to see you hold murderers and thieves on such high pedestals...hopefuly not all in brazil are like you

The Yakuza were THE FIRST to start sending blankets, toiletries and food to the refugees after the Tohoku earthquake.

Take the first step and start fighting in real NHB fights. There's no use in you complaining here.

People in brazil don't watch dramas?

Them compatriots love em soaps and big brother iterations

But not me and not many others, I love the drama aspect of MMA, I want to see the best fighters in the world competing and interacting without all the bullshit we have been fed in recent years

Its being able to call something that clearly is not a sport, a sport, really that fucking important ?

Also this idea that unless you PC the "sport" the fuck up until its lame and watered down being the only way to hit bigtime and earn the money of casuals is completely lame. And theres nothing to prove that they wouldnt have been able to get where they are now without these rules and commissions.

Look at Nick Diaz!

MMA cannot "not be a sport". That's like asking beef not to be meat.

What you want is human cockfighting, which MMA isn't.

if MMA shouldnt be a sport then you shouldnt be watching it or posting on its forums. Go to your local bar and bust some heads big man! Then go rent Blood Sport and pleasure yourself.

who is old enough to remember when the UFC was on the road to being completely banned in the U.S.

if MMA shouldnt be a sport then you shouldnt be watching it or posting on its forums. Go to your local bar and bust some heads big man! Then go rent Blood Sport and pleasure yourself.

gladiatordrawing.jpg

Do you think it was a sport ?

We need Judges to say finish him instead of stop

Also, do you think the early UFCs were a sport ?

In American "Fake" is pretty much what most people seek after. It's all about entertaining. Fake wrestling, Fake Boobs (which I'm okay with), Fake image, Fake attitudes to get what you want, Botox, tummy tucks etc... We pretty much do almost everthing to impress or entertain other people. I've have never been to Brazil but America is all about escaping from reality and being entertained.

I do support the UFC and don't have a problem with how they run business.

Back