MMA shouldnt be a sport

Fake fights is something only americans/**** can appreciate, here in Brazil this crap doesnt fly, we cant possibly even beggin to comprehend why a market for fake fights exist.

Competition is so important, it should come before any rules/regulations or rankings, ITS A FIGHT ffs, its supposed to mean more than just the best MMA practitioner.

You just failed yourself.

You're an idiot if you don't realize that competition=sport and sport=competition. Being the best vs SURVIVAL.

A fight isn't a competition, it's a fight.

If I'm competing against somebody, I'm competing to see who can win within a certain set of rules, a given environment.

In a fight, I'm biting their jugular out, because I want to survive.

I'm with you, bro. I'd like to see him take a walk down some of our streets full of "wussies." Not to mention that a few champs, up & comers & top contenders (past & present) hail from this "Wussified" area.

The streets wouldn't be full of wussies because as soon as they'd lay eyes on me n' mah boys they'd run to underground shelters and pray. :cool:

The WWE already exists, we don't need another one. I'd like to be able to say, with at least some degree of certainty, that the fights aren't fixed and the best in the world are competing against each other.

Sheit, I just got destroyed.

Yakuza are hero.

This are hero

4th.jpg

The streets wouldn't be full of wussies because as soon as they'd lay eyes on me n' mah boys they'd run to underground shelters and pray. :cool:

Jose 'scarface' Aldo :)
George 'bouncer/beat regularly up at school' St Pierre" :)
Anderson 'I took a shotgun to kill my coach' Silva :)
Junior 'I sold ice cream instead of drugs like the other kids' Dos Santos :)

Jose 'scarface' Aldo :)
George 'bouncer/beat regularly up at school' St Pierre" :)
Anderson 'I took a shotgun to kill my coach' Silva :)
Junior 'I sold ice cream instead of drugs like the other kids' Dos Santos :)

HAHAHAHA great nicknames!

gladiatordrawing.jpg

Do you think it was a sport ?

We need Judges to say finish him instead of stop

Also, do you think the early UFCs were a sport ?

Sport-An activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others.

I think it would fall i nthe category of being a sport.

What exactly do you people think the UFC can become? It's never going to be that big of a sport/event. It's a niche interest and its potential is not that much higher than where it is now. More people may pick it up in the future, but at the same time others will abandon it. I see it happening every day. An obsession over MMA is often a fad that guys in their late teens/early 20s go through. As they get older they move on to other things. I know dozens of people who used to watch the UFC religiously 5 years ago and just don't care about it anymore today.

I think a main problem with the UFC is how it markets itself. They cater to douchebags and low class people. Just look at TUF, their commercials, or the music they play. It's all crap seeped in a nu metal or rap culture. Everything they do to promote themselves just seems lame and unprofessional.

It only works to the detriment of our entertainment, by making watered down rules and events.

Look at PRIDE, they knew exacly what they were doing, it was something ABOVE any sport earth has ever seen, and as long as the UFC keep trying to make the UFC a sport MMA will never reach its true glory.

A toast to the Yakuza, these guys knew how to make a show.

Truth. I've been thinking that for a while.

There's nothing sporty about cage fight where there're punching with open fingered gloves, elbowing for the purposes of cutting your opponent's face, hoping for a stoppage.

Pride did have it right. You knew what you were watching. It was way more entertaining.

UFC is just trying to look like boxing. The 10-9 scoring system in a 3-5 round fight is retarded in a multifaceted fight like mma.

UFC is just trying to look like boxing. The 10-9 scoring system in a 3-5 round fight is retarded in a multifaceted fight like mma.
The numerical system is completely irrelevant. The problem lies in valuing the performances in the various facets against each other. If you get a better system for that it doesn't matter what numbers you use to score it.

In American "Fake" is pretty much what most people seek after. It's all about entertaining. Fake wrestling, Fake Boobs (which I'm okay with), Fake image, Fake attitudes to get what you want, Botox, tummy tucks etc... We pretty much do almost everthing to impress or entertain other people. I've have never been to Brazil but America is all about escaping from reality and being entertained.

That is a very vague claim and you could pretty much say the same thing about every country on the planet. Every nation has their means of entertaining. USA doesn't escape from reality more than any other society. In fact, if anything, non-Americans escape from their reality more because they are always following foreign (i.e. American) entertainment. They step out of their real lives and venture into an American one by consuming all of its movies, tv, music, video games, technology, etc.

WWE is popular all over the world, and in many ways, has a more devoted following in countries other than the USA. Pro wrestling itself is much more popular in places like Japan or Mexico.

Clearly you've never been to Brazil because there is more plastic surgery there than in the USA. Practically every other girl in the whole southern region of the country has fake tits, a nose job, or an overdone tan. In USA it is only the girls in Las Vegas or LA.

It only works to the detriment of our entertainment, by making watered down rules and events.

Look at PRIDE, they knew exacly what they were doing, it was something ABOVE any sport earth has ever seen, and as long as the UFC keep trying to make the UFC a sport MMA will never reach its true glory.

This is something you might like www.wwe.com

then go watch wwe if you like circus like fights

Water downed rules? No. It's people like ______ who exploit the rules and ruin it for many of the viewers

the ufc has a lot of shit wrong currently
but i believe it will improve, with time
but if it went 'pride' on us, I wouldnt complain

I know you're trolling AGAIN with that shit, but come on, this gimmick is old...

I love no holds barred fighting more than anyone. I agree with TS.

Back