MMA shouldnt be a sport

D10

Brown Belt
Reaction score
It only works to the detriment of our entertainment, by making watered down rules and events.

Look at PRIDE, they knew exacly what they were doing, it was something ABOVE any sport earth has ever seen, and as long as the UFC keep trying to make the UFC a sport MMA will never reach its true glory.

A toast to the Yakuza, these guys knew how to make a show.

so it sounds like you think mma wont be truly great until its run by mcmahon

Go watch some pro wrestling, fool.

Competition is and should be the most important thing in MMA, everything else is secondary.

The UFC has helped make the sport acceptable. Without them working with the athletic commission we would all have to scour the internet just to find two out of shape fat dudes fighting in a parking garage.

Go watch some pro wrestling, fool.

Competition is and should be the most important thing in MMA, everything else is secondary.

Fake fights is something only americans/**** can appreciate, here in Brazil this crap doesnt fly, we cant possibly even beggin to comprehend why a market for fake fights exist.

Competition is so important, it should come before any rules/regulations or rankings, ITS A FIGHT ffs, its supposed to mean more than just the best MMA practitioner.

The UFC has helped make the sport acceptable. Without them working with the athletic commission we would all have to scour the internet just to find two out of shape fat dudes fighting in a parking garage.

You have a good point

Blame the japanese media companies and their cowardice for true yakuza greatness

lol trollio

nice to see you hold murderers and thieves on such high pedestals...hopefuly not all in brazil are like you

Real fights have weapons and numbers. One on one unarmed fighting is a sport, no one fights unarmed for real if they have a choice. Humans learned that hundreds of thousands of years ago, the first time someone picked up a branch and used it as a club.

Fake fights is something only americans/**** can appreciate, here in Brazil this crap doesnt fly, we cant possibly even beggin to comprehend why a market for fake fights exist.

"In fact, professional wrestling is strong." - some American.

Guys like Chuck and Tito made it feel like real fights, but newness and excitement wears off anything.

We need to stop nerfing the world

Nah, pro wrestling has fake fighting covered already

But the UFC COULD go with a little more spectacle and IMO it would not cheapen the sport. Change up the ring girls more often, have some variety in entrances, maybe use the PRIDE lady for walk-ins during japan cards, and maybe even a semi-regular freakshow matchup like Couture-Toney was...could be fun

At the same time I sort of understand whey they don't do this, they're trying to make it mainstream through FOX etc and that might set them back. I don't care, I would still enjoy it.

Nah, pro wrestling has fake fighting covered already

But the UFC COULD go with a little more spectacle and IMO it would not cheapen the sport. Change up the ring girls more often, have some variety in entrances, maybe use the PRIDE lady for walk-ins during japan cards, and maybe even a semi-regular freakshow matchup like Couture-Toney was...could be fun

At the same time I sort of understand whey they don't do this, they're trying to make it mainstream through FOX etc and that might set them back. I don't care, I would still enjoy it.

hulk-rockyIII.jpg

People only care about fighters who win.

If you start losing, you become irrelevant in the eyes of most fans. This proves that competition is the driving force of MMA, not fake drama except for a few rare exceptions.

guys like you are the reason MMA isn't legal in my home state

Back