MMa opinions that no one else agrees with you on

Mine: Anderson Silva is the best fighter in the world.

i believe he is the best of all time IN MMA (so far, jones is about to snatch that title as much as i hate jones with a passion he will remain champion for longer and beat better competition)

Sig.... I love fights against the cage. So many people disagree...

Action against the cage can be fun, but legit wall and stall (Lentz/Winner) is just about unbearable. There is no way in hell that anyone genuinely enjoyed that fight.

I think mma would be a better sport if we all tried a little harder to be like this guy

2ia4lea.jpg

So much commitment...
By the way is that Jon Fitch on the left?

Not so much of an unpopular opinion, but more of a conspiracy - that there is more than meets the eye in Zuffa's choices of which fighters to keep under contract and which to let go. It's not just a matter of boring fights or losing streaks - Elliott Marshall (in his first stint) and Jon Madsen were let go after a single loss despite winning 3 and 4 fights prior, respectively.

The flipside is guys like Nick Ring and Steve Cantwell - nothing to write home about, but kept on the roster despite unimpressive performances and losses (I know Cantwell is out and apparently retired now). It's not like these guys are Leonard Garcia-type go-for-broke in every fight-fighters, who seem to please Dana and the "just bleed" casual fans. They are also not of the Sexyama/Hardy variety (kept around despite losses, for the sake of propping up cards in their home countries).

Out of all of GSP's title defenses Fitch put up the most fight.

Not so much of an unpopular opinion, but more of a conspiracy - that there is more than meets the eye in Zuffa's choices of which fighters to keep under contract and which to let go. It's not just a matter of boring fights or losing streaks - Elliott Marshall (in his first stint) and Jon Madsen were let go after a single loss despite winning 3 and 4 fights prior, respectively.

The flipside is guys like Nick Ring and Steve Cantwell - nothing to write home about, but kept on the roster despite unimpressive performances and losses (I know Cantwell is out and apparently retired now). It's not like these guys are Leonard Garcia-type go-for-broke in every fight-fighters, who seem to please Dana and the "just bleed" casual fans. They are also not of the Sexyama/Hardy variety (kept around despite losses, for the sake of propping up cards in their home countries).

So, what's your take on it? Why are they randomly keeping people around and what is the conspiracy?

"Iron chin" is a myth

Rankings don't matter

edgar won the first bj penn fight
bisping could hang with the best

Back