MMA is the only major sport whose fandom hates the athletes as a class of people

I don't wish for others to make more money. UFC or not. I'm worried about myself instead of fighting on behalf of the other little men. I also don't think corporations are evil. It's just the way the world works.
bootlicker-boot.gif

Regardless of the merits of how much fighters should be paid, etc. What the fuck are you talking about? People bitch about athletes and money and strikes and stuff all the time. You've never heard "athletes make too much"? Or "if only we paid athletes less and teachers more"?
You've never heard a fan complaining the players union shouldn't be striking?

I mean football is the most popular sport in the country and that's essentially guaranteed to give you some degree of brain damage. (The study I read was 90% of retired NFL players or something). That sounds like fans having a rather casual attitude towards players lives to me!

Imho, this is a made up complaint (not low mma pay, the made up complaint is that somehow mma fans are "worse"). And I suspect youre doing it to be cool among the people here who like to complain about this topic and about Dana White in general.

Advocate for more pay. Hate on White. I'm cool with all that. But there's more than enough truth out there to push those ideas without making abstract shit up about the fans.

A lot of Americans are like crabs in a bucket. They don’t hate the athletes but they think everything in life is some zero sum game. Instead of asking “why aren’t I getting these benefits and how can I organize to get them” they want to tear others down to their level.

Everything is relative.

is 6 feet tall? Not if everyone else in the world is 6’2. You are rich as fuck if you have 5 dollars and everyone else has a penny. Life is relative, building everyone up or tearing everyone down is kind of the same.

I mean,it happens on a variety of issues. Most MMA fans dont really know what they want,and if they did,they would hate it if you gave it to them,and the rest of the lemmings just fall in with the hive pile-on.

Cartman: Hey is this cool?? can someone tell me if this is cool or not? I cant tell.

No offense I know your intentions are good with this post but it comes from a place of unawareness about the way the world works.

The day you find a community happily willing to be taxed by you, you have become a king. When was the last time you happily paid a tax? The only word I can use to describe paying taxes is either “begrudgingly” or “robbed”

No offense I know your intentions are good with this post but it comes from a place of unawareness about the way the world works.

The day you find a community happily willing to be taxed by you, you have become a king. When was the last time you happily paid a tax? The only word I can use to describe paying taxes is either “begrudgingly” or “robbed”
That attitude being so pervasive is fairly unique to the US. Where your taxes don't actually get you shit and don't go towards anything productive. But in non psychotic countries where taxes go towards excellent infrastructure, robust public transit, free Healthcare, free education, etc., people are happy to pay taxes. Because that money comes back to them in a myriad of ways.

The only sport where fans are bigger fans of the commissioner (Dana) than the athletes

sad world we live in today. people in general should get health insurance let alone people who get the shit beat out of them for a living

I'm good thanks. I don't care enough to pay for the PPVs or cable, I watch it all for free. As the NBA has shown, player empowerment leads to whiny entitled bitches, as the OP has shown. The fighters themselves can fight for their rights and money. If my money has to go to them I would rather not watch at all. Fuck them all (Dana and the athletes) in my opinion.

I've lived in California previously and my degree is in polisci. So I check both those criteria and those responses are still completely unhinged and make no sense at all

Man, wake up. Seems like they've got you blinded and drinking the woke koolaid.

Man, wake up. Seems like they've got you blinded and drinking the woke koolaid.
California is about as liberal and capitalist as a state can get. Even this MMA fighter's pension fund is a neoliberal market based program, as others have pointed out. And as a leftist I don't like that. So I don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Cali is the 13th largest economy on earth while simultaneously having one of the highest poverty rates for a US state. They have one of the highest concentrations of billionaires on earth. Numerous gargantuan tech and media corporations are headquartered there. Wtf is "woke" about any of that?

I think it doesn't do enough for most fighters, especially in the UFC. I'm sorry but the requirements are too stringent to celebrate. I only care what works. You're not going to get many stories of fighters who were struggling after fighting financially saved by this program. It's not far enough at all. I think people cheering it on think as long as its in the right direction its good enough. No it's only good when it works.

Because my love and appreciation for the sport goes beyond "haha big man hit other man and other man no move no more".

People become deeply invested in fictional characters. Star wars. Harry Potter. Game of thrones. Is it really that difficult to understand why fans want the best for actual real people who sacrifice their health for our enjoyment?
If you want to give your own money or raise charitable donations to give have at it.
That attitude being so pervasive is fairly unique to the US. Where your taxes don't actually get you shit and don't go towards anything productive. But in non psychotic countries where taxes go towards excellent infrastructure, robust public transit, free Healthcare, free education, etc., people are happy to pay taxes. Because that money comes back to them in a myriad of ways.
yeah but if USA did that who would invade and occupy other countries all the time and finance and arm and train violent groups and countries?

Back