MMA Expert Says Jones Definitely Gifted

Ray Longo said that Weidman trained to break Andeson's leg by checking kicks in training

The guy is a moron
Pretty sure he said they trained to check with the point of the knee instead of the shin to increase the risk of injury. He had some silly name for it. If I find the interview, I'll link it.

Anyone saying this fight was scored incorrectly is ignoring the fact that all three judges, I repeat, all three judges gave Jones either round 2 or round 3.

So you're saying that every judge is an idiot or corrupt? Gimme a break
Yes. All of the judges are either idiots or corrupt. Yes.

If you think otherwise, you're a fucking moron. Anyone that is not a Jones fan and has half a brain knows he lost rounds 1-3.

Cause you have recency bias like everyone else, it's hard to remember bad judging from 10 years ago.

All the judges must have seen something you didn't. Maybe it's because they are actually trained to do their job and you aren't, cause you're not an mma judge.

One of the judges wasn't even watching one of the fights when it was live. They also aren't trained to do their job as mma judges. One of the judges had judged like 10 mma fights in his career before that event. It was by far the worst night of judging I've ever seen.

MMA is scored round by round and even Jon Jones corner thought he was behind on the score cards. When it goes to the judges anything can happen. I had it 3-2 Reyes. I think both fighters may have received credit for missed/block strikes.

I want you to punch a hole thru his fucking chest that's what I want

Cause you have recency bias like everyone else, it's hard to remember bad judging from 10 years ago.

All the judges must have seen something you didn't. Maybe it's because they are actually trained to do their job and you aren't, cause you're not an mma judge.
Wild take dude.

A lot of these judges have essentially 0 qualifications to be a judge...

Any idea why Adelaide Byrd is a judge?

Wild take dude.

A lot of these judges have essentially 0 qualifications to be a judge...

Any idea why Adelaide Byrd is a judge?

I'll take people hired to do a job with knowledge of the criteria over bloodthirsty MMA fans any day of the week.

Plus, even if there is a touch of bias, it's a known bias - if you want to dethrone the champ, you gotta knock his head off, not narrowly edge him out (as you all claim) in round 3 and then not show up in rounds 4 and 5 - that's weak shit.

I'll take people hired to do a job with knowledge of the criteria over bloodthirsty MMA fans any day of the week.

Plus, even if there is a touch of bias, it's a known bias - if you want to dethrone the champ, you gotta knock his head off, not narrowly edge him out (as you all claim) in round 3 and then not show up in rounds 4 and 5 - that's weak shit.
Yeah this guy can’t have an opinion on decisions because he’s not a judge, but judges also are allowed to judge fights off a bias not in the rule book about “be the champ beat the champ”

If judges are allowed and expected to add bias into their decision Not in the rule book, who gives a fuck about how their trained or who judges.

You are literally accepting the fact that the judges didn’t follow the rules. But discreditin someone for pointing out the poor judging because they aren’t a judge. I think you might suffer from some form of mental retardation. Have fun with your mental gymnastics. Let me know when you actually make a valid point.

Hired to do a job =/= good at said job

Yeah this guy can’t have an opinion on decisions because he’s not a judge, but judges also are allowed to judge fights off a bias not in the rule book about “be the champ beat the champ”

If judges are allowed and expected to add bias into their decision Not in the rule book, who gives a fuck about how their trained or who judges.

You are literally accepting the fact that the judges didn’t follow the rules. But discreditin someone for pointing out the poor judging because they aren’t a judge. I think you might suffer from some form of mental retardation. Have fun with your mental gymnastics. Let me know when you actually make a valid point.

Since it's too much trouble for your mind to unpack on its own, I'll give you a hint.

People in this thread are alleging blatant corruption or outright stupidity on the part of the judges. All three judges being either dumb or corrupt is highly unlikely. What's more likely is that it was just a hard fight to judge. There wasnt even full agreement among the press corps. I guess those 5+ journalists who gave it to Jon are all corrupt/retarded too!

I then offer that instead of stupidity or corruption, there may be a touch of champion bias. Bias doesn't have to be 'on purpose' , it could be something occurring at the level of the subconscious mind, very subtle. It may not even be a huge thing, just a marginal one that ended up being the difference maker in a very close round.

I then say that, even if there were such a bias, it's a bias that Reyes must have known ahead of time, or should have known.

But the dude coasted and he paid the price. If you want to be champ, you gotta win convincingly.

Btw, I never said people can't have an opinion, I just think they're wrong and would rather trust 3 judges than MMA fans who have to look up the criteria to even know what it says.

Since it's too much trouble for your mind to unpack on its own, I'll give you a hint.

People in this thread are alleging blatant corruption or outright stupidity on the part of the judges. All three judges being either dumb or corrupt is highly unlikely. What's more likely is that it was just a hard fight to judge. There wasnt even full agreement among the press corps. I guess those 5+ journalists who gave it to Jon are all corrupt/retarded too!

I then offer that instead of stupidity or corruption, there may be a touch of champion bias. Bias doesn't have to be 'on purpose' , it could be something occurring at the level of the subconscious mind, very subtle. It may not even be a huge thing, just a marginal one that ended up being the difference maker in a very close round.

I then say that, even if there were such a bias, it's a bias that Reyes must have known ahead of time, or should have known.

But the dude coasted and he paid the price. If you want to be champ, you gotta win convincingly.

Btw, I never said people can't have an opinion, I just think they're wrong and would rather trust 3 judges than MMA fans who have to look up the criteria to even know what it says.
Just so you know I’m not reading that. I’ve seen enough of your shit to know not to bother. Good luck with your autism

Pretty sure he said they trained to check with the point of the knee instead of the shin to increase the risk of injury. He had some silly name for it. If I find the interview, I'll link it.
I believe he called it "The Destruction" haha

"The Knee Destruction"

Ugh, I'm not sure what to think of Longo. Part of me wants to think the guy is up to his eyeballs in bullshit, and the other part of me wants to think he's some type of savant to MMA coaching. Maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back