MMA Expert Says Jones Definitely Gifted

Since it's too much trouble for your mind to unpack on its own, I'll give you a hint.

People in this thread are alleging blatant corruption or outright stupidity on the part of the judges. All three judges being either dumb or corrupt is highly unlikely. What's more likely is that it was just a hard fight to judge. There wasnt even full agreement among the press corps. I guess those 5+ journalists who gave it to Jon are all corrupt/retarded too!

I then offer that instead of stupidity or corruption, there may be a touch of champion bias. Bias doesn't have to be 'on purpose' , it could be something occurring at the level of the subconscious mind, very subtle. It may not even be a huge thing, just a marginal one that ended up being the difference maker in a very close round.

I then say that, even if there were such a bias, it's a bias that Reyes must have known ahead of time, or should have known.

But the dude coasted and he paid the price. If you want to be champ, you gotta win convincingly.

Btw, I never said people can't have an opinion, I just think they're wrong and would rather trust 3 judges than MMA fans who have to look up the criteria to even know what it says.
This was the most intelligently written take. To bad it will only be acknowledged by people who already know. Those that dont know this truly dont want to

Weidman said in his after fight interview that he trained to check leg kicks after watching video of their first fight.
There’s a vid on YouTube of him watching the first fight saying that he needs to work checking the leg kicks cuz they hurt. Doubt he expected to snap silvas leg in half but he definitely went into the second fight with a game plan to proactively check leg kicks

Back