MMA Expert Says Jones Definitely Gifted

Ray Longo said that Weidman trained to break Andeson's leg by checking kicks in training

The guy is a moron
Weidman said in his after fight interview that he trained to check leg kicks after watching video of their first fight.

That’s not an outrageous claim at all, anyone who trains Muay Thai knows checking a leg kick can fuck the opponent up, but you wouldn’t would you?

not to mention it's well documented that John Danaher specifically wanted Weidman to work on checking leg kicks after the first fight.

Ray Longo said that Weidman trained to break Andeson's leg by checking kicks in training

The guy is a moron

where are the people saying Jones won? I can't see anyone besides his fans on here.

Since it's too much trouble for your mind to unpack on its own, I'll give you a hint.

People in this thread are alleging blatant corruption or outright stupidity on the part of the judges. All three judges being either dumb or corrupt is highly unlikely. What's more likely is that it was just a hard fight to judge. There wasnt even full agreement among the press corps. I guess those 5+ journalists who gave it to Jon are all corrupt/retarded too!

I then offer that instead of stupidity or corruption, there may be a touch of champion bias. Bias doesn't have to be 'on purpose' , it could be something occurring at the level of the subconscious mind, very subtle. It may not even be a huge thing, just a marginal one that ended up being the difference maker in a very close round.

I then say that, even if there were such a bias, it's a bias that Reyes must have known ahead of time, or should have known.

But the dude coasted and he paid the price. If you want to be champ, you gotta win convincingly.

Btw, I never said people can't have an opinion, I just think they're wrong and would rather trust 3 judges than MMA fans who have to look up the criteria to even know what it says.
I think the fight was very close and could've gone either way (had it for Reyes), but the idea of "to be the champ you have to beat the champ" is asinine garbage. All you need to do is win the necessary amount of the fight that you would against any other fighter. Not saying this happened unequivocally, but if Reyes edged 3 rounds by a tiny margin and then clearly lost 2 rounds, he should be the new champ. You don't need to dominate a fight to become champ, and you don't have to dominate a round to win it against the champ. You just have to win it the same way you would against anyone else. If you're a judge and you use that dumb mentality then you're not doing your job right, and you're lacking competency in that department. Moreover, fighters should never have to or be expected to come into a fight knowing that there's a bias judges will employ. That's ridiculous. Did Reyes pay the price for coasting? In retrospect you could definitely say that (even though he threw more strikes than Jones in both championship rounds). But should he have to do more than simply win in order for the judges to score in his favor? Hell no. Not if the judges are doing their damn jobs. Having 'champion bias' isn't altogether another argument, it's just a sub-genre of judging incompetence.

And I don't disagree wholesale with your logic that the chances of all 3 judges in a fight being incompetent are low, I will point out that the judges were Chris Lee and Marcos Rosales, who historically aren't great judges; and Joe Soliz, who wasn't as well known but showed in the other two fights he judged that night that he's not very good at all (his previous scorecard before that was awarding Volkan the decision over OSP, another highly disputed decision). His defense of his 49-46 score after the fact just further cements that he sucks (spoiler: he pretty much said it was just because Jones came forward more; the guy doesn't even understand the criteria). When the judges were announced for the fight, I straight up said "If this goes to decision the scores might be interesting," because I didn't trust any of them to a good job. So if you ask me, yeah, all three guys judging that fight are at the very least not dependably good judges. But does giving Jones the fight make them incompetent? Nah, I wouldn't say that. Like I said, close fight.

Ray Longo thought Weidman would be LHW champ

Weidman is his student.
Weidman moved to LHW
What should he have said to boost/keep his confidence?
"No, Chris, you will never be LHW champion"?

All coaches say these types of things.

"He is champion material"
"He is amazing, very talented"
"He has a serious shot at..."

Even if you know his chances are limited/low/close to impossible, you don't say this about your fighter as a coach.

Can you give us an example when a coach said something like "Imo, he doesn't stand a chance, he will lose this fight, but 150k is 150k and I get a part of it" about his fighter?

The guy is a moron

Checking kicks can hurt your opponent leg, yeah. Newsflash!

Yes. All of the judges are either idiots or corrupt. Yes.

If you think otherwise, you're a fucking moron. Anyone that is not a Jones fan and has half a brain knows he lost rounds 1-3.
I'm not a fan.
I disagree.
I doubt your IQ is much to write home about. Relax.

Sweet. I love gifts. Look at this gift that keeps on giving!

giphy.gif
Two cheaters

Enough “experts “ think John won as well..

Cause you have recency bias like everyone else, it's hard to remember bad judging from 10 years ago.

All the judges must have seen something you didn't. Maybe it's because they are actually trained to do their job and you aren't, cause you're not an mma judge.
No it's not, I remember Shogun/Machida 1, Randleman/Bas, Rizzo/Big Nog, Hammil/Bisping, Phan/Garcia, KZ/Garcia, Diego/Pearson, Diego/Kampmann, Rampage/Ninja, Dunham/Sherk, Torres/DJ

And they're no more trained than people that have trained and followed the sport for 10-15+ years. They have no idea what they're watching when the fight hits the ground.

Back