MMA Clothing Lines

I'd like to see you give that little "tip" to a purple or brown belt.

I would, too.

Sorry but you're not karate kid. Just because you train BBJ doesn't make you tougher or stronger or heavier or taller than everybody else. :rolleyes:

In a dynamic situation such as a bar fight, BJJ isn't going to help you much. You're not going to "submit" someone while his buddy snaps a pool cue across your neck.

Soo...i have a question for ALL OF You since we're on this topic about poser and wanna be tough guys wearing mma clothing...

I've been seeing A LOT of fine looking women with big fake tits wearing mma clothing. I know they DON'T train but i see them in mma related shirts and tank tops... Do u also disagree with that too...and are they trying to be posers or wanna be fighters and pretend to be Gina Carano or some other female mma fighter???? Why is it topic seem to only catered to men?

stop hating on throwdown. i have no problem with em and their gear is nice

Solid: because as 'real' MMA fans, we are more likely to be able to use our knowledge of the sport to impress said buxom ladies.

that and we don't mind if they wear the clothing without being 'real' fans, or training...
as long as they look good, they can wear whatever the hell they want.
disclaimer: No fat chicks.

Only people who train MMA should wear them???
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard......Affliction would be out of business if that was the case.
Why can't a fan.....(who may not train, but watches.....people who don't train can be fans too) buy a shirt and show support for their favourite fighters.
Yes some people wear them to look tough.......but people who actually train and wear them also think and act tough with their shirts on. Who are you trying to intimidate. That's a joke.
MMA is a sport just like any other. Its not an exclusive way of life....or some code that only people who train can wear the shirts.
So you have the ability to beat someone up.....big deal. Act like a professional even if you're not a professional fighter......not like a TUF wanna be. And by the way....people do find that funny.

Another tip: training bjj 2 nights a week doesn't make you tough. Sure its pretty effective in competition fights where there are rules and weight classes. But in your bar fight scenario it would be pretty useless. :icon_chee

You're a freaking idiot.

Here's how I stand on the issue:

It was bound to happen and we just have to accept it.

It's when you like a band that no one else has heard of, you say they're awesome and other people are like "whatever man", your favorite band makes it big, the same people are like "So and so is the ****" and you're like, "WTF, I liked them first, it's what I've been saying all along".

What can you do?

I like a few throwdown, keiko raca, and warrior shirts. Even though its not an mma company, i would like to see RVCA sponsor more fighters and maybey even get a fighting line because there stuff is pretty legit.

Only people who train MMA should wear them???
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard......

QFT. This topic is beyond retarded. All sports fans wear sporting clothing. Anyway - what difference does it make to you if they're wearing it or not. You don't care bout 95% of hte population (eg the average person in the street), so them wearing an MMA shirt doesn't make a difference lol. (cos they're jus an average person in the street.) Whingers.:icon_neut

How exactly will the worthy be diffrentiated from the unworthy?You going to challenge everyone on the street and if they hand you your ass they get to keep the shirt?Funny story,I had trained at a local school for some time and then had stopped for about a year but still wore the sweater with the logo on it.At a bar some guy was kinda eyeballing me and then came up and tried to play 20 questions.What's the color of the boathouse type shit.Well I was busy trying to console a good friend and didn't much appreciate the interuption or attitude and told the guy to piss off.He gave me a hard look and sauntered off.A few weeks later I bump into my old instructor and he tells me that it was one of his newer guys who had told him about flushing out a poser at a bar and when he described me (i'm a rather unique individual) the instructor told him that not only had I actually trained there but that I was singularly gifted at wrecking people and he was very lucky I didn't take offense.(Stroked my ego abit before he said that he overexagerated abit in order to dissuade future stupidity:icon_cry2)-
For the record I don't much care for any of the clothing lines brought up.I'll wear shirts from schools iv'e attended,a few from shops I buy gear from and the occasional generic muay thai or BJJ shirt.

In my experience, most of the MMA sites pretty clearly differentiate between performance or training wear and street wear.

Isn't that enough of a distinction to separate the active participants from the fans?

If someone is wearing a gi or some tarzan grappling shorts in a bar, you can call them a poser whether they train or not - otherwise, just be glad that people who don't train like the sport. That's where the money comes from, not from people who are in the gym bathing in other people's sweat.

Every sport has gear whores as well - take a look at all the wanna be Lance Armstrongs wearing full-on Tour de France getups when they do their biking on the weekend. Nothing like a beer gut in spandex!!!

Posers are guys who:

• Wear handwraps to shadow box in a non-MMA gym.
  • Have their hair cut like their fave MMA guy.
  • Talk loudly about starting bar fights when the rest of their latent homo frat buddies are there to back them up.
  • Wear a rashguard as a fashion statement.
  • Expect some sort of recognition that they train - the honor comes from the action, not from other people.
What the Hell is next - People who aren't surfers wearing board shorts?

Posers are guys who:

• Wear handwraps to shadow box in a non-MMA gym.
  • Have their hair cut like their fave MMA guy.
  • Talk loudly about starting bar fights when the rest of their latent homo frat buddies are there to back them up.
  • Wear a rashguard as a fashion statement.
  • Expect some sort of recognition that they train - the honor comes from the action, not from other people.
What the Hell is next - People who aren't surfers wearing board shorts?

That post was Money!

Whats next- People who don't box aren't aloud to wear boxers!:icon_chee

Honestly, what can give the sport a bad name is not those that may not follow the sport but wear a t-shirt, its those that wanna call them out and fight be/c he's wearing a t-shirt. Know what I mean? Lets relax people. :icon_lol:

i think mma clothing should only be worn by people who actually train in some sort of martial arts... i mean its a clothing line made for us, not douche bags with blonde highlights who play the guitar* and think it's "cool"

I think the exact opposite. Look at all the FANS of other sports that wear clothing that reflects there particular sport of choice, football, baseball, nascar, etc, etc.
Just because they wear the clothing supporting their sport of choice doesn't mean they drive in nascar or play pro ball. They're FANS.

I'm a huge fan of MMA, that doesn't mean I have to practice it!. I'd like to see more shirts/clothing that are for FANS to show support for the sport or a particular fighter.

I hear what you're saying about the douchebags that are "fake fans" wearing the stuff, but to suggest that it should only worn by actual fighters is absurd.

for one i dont like the posers who wear tapout and affliction, normally because they are douchebags and try to look hard at the bars, but when you ask where they train, they look clueless.

Well why would you ASSume they train? So if I see a guy wearing an Eagles jersey, I should go ask him what position he plays for the Eagles???! He's a FAN of the sport and supports his favorite team.

Where's the problem?

i think the annoyance here is that the posers who wear mma clothes and who try to look tough, airbox, want to pick fights with people yet dont train. thats my only issue, and yes i do really see posers at the bars who airbox w/ their friends, and yes i have gone up to them and ask where they train and find out they dont.

Well come on, even real professional fighters who walk around air boxing all the time look like idiots! LOL!
On last nights WEC, Clay Guida (who is a fighter I really enjoy watching in the cage) was in the audience air boxing each time a fighter was being prepped to step in the cage! I see guys doing it all the time on the various shows, how retarted. Yeah, we get it, you're a fighter! LOL!

well, yeah, tapout is right it helps the fighters to some degree. and i do own an affliction shirt, i mean, cmon, theyre pretty nice, ill admit it. but i KNOW THE FIGHTERS! i see people in the mall and such wearing affliction/XC shirts and ill screw with them like "who's the name on the back of your shirt?" (Randy Couture) while waiting for the cash register, and i got "oh, i dunno like the designer or something?"...LOL. and btw, i play guitar, and own a few shirts hahaha....but i train and fight though. guitarists/mma fighters FTW

Back