MMA Clothing Lines

I train in kickboxing. I have seen guys wearing TapouT/Affliction etc, huge who cares? When I played rugby, I didnt go up to anyone with an England shirt and tackle them

Narrow-minded? Coming from a guy that posted this?

You've pretty much summed up your insecurity AND intelligence in that first post. Nothing else really needs to be said.

yup your 100% correct! Sherdog is lucky to have someone like you as a member... it truly is a gift that you have! the ability to diagnose people based on an opinion posted in a forum without any professional training or even any educational training in the field of study.

Right now I'm wearing a Chicago Bulls t-shirt that features championship rings on it. I fucking hate basketball and the only Chicago Bull I can name is Michael Jordan; guess I'm a poser too. :rolleyes:

Clothes don't make posers, attitudes do.

seems that your pissed more because it was your ex girlfriend

i kinda am with both sides of the thing.

for one i dont like the posers who wear tapout and affliction, normally because they are douchebags and try to look hard at the bars, but when you ask where they train, they look clueless.

but i also agree with the getting the product out there so they can sponser more fighters. hell tapout sponsers my good friend at my gym.

i stay away from tapout and affliction because well, they are the most worn at the moment. i wear warrior wear, throwdown, sinister, koral, vulkan and my gracie shirts most of the time, because you dont see anyone wearing them.

i think its still ok to make fun of the douchebags who wear mma gear because they are complete posers, because some of them completely deserve it! and to the fat guys eating wings @ the bars cheering loudly for the ufc fights, i support them too.

Kudos to you because you hit the nail on the head. Those of us who do train and do wear the clothing (or don't) can make fun of the clueless lot that wear the stuff to look like fighters or to make themselves feel tough. But we can also cheer and applaud them for sinking their money into the sport that we love. I too support the fat wing eater screaming at the UFC fights!!! AMEN brother.

*EDIT* And I also applaud the true fan who wants to go around wearing the gear too. If you love the sport and haven't trained a day in your life, who cares. Wear a tapout shirt....who the hell cares. I think everyone in the world should buy one....

im saying there are certain guys out there that wear the products, are complete posers, and dont watch mma, yet act tough w/ the products theyre wearing. thats not ok, in my opinion.

and there are certain fans out there that support the sport and fighters. that is ok in my opinion.

simply an opinion

It's ok to me that these guys wear the shirts. It's even more ok to me when these guys wear the shirts and then get their asses kicked in at the bar for being assholes.

I agree with tapouts post at the beginning of the thread. If those rich kids, posers, people who dont train didnt support the companies that sponsor fighters who would? I know for a fact that most people who train mma cant afford affliction or xtreme couture or even smaller name brands for that matter. Let them wear it because some people have reasons for not training, money, health issues, busy schedules or even the area they live in.

Now let me say this, its a completly different story when people wear tapout and say they train when they dont or that they are fighters, because that pisses me off. I also hate it when people take a week free trial at a gym and automaticaly think they are a cage fighter but its funny at the same time...

i can understand people getting mad because people are walking around the streets with rapout rashguards or tapout mma gloves on the bus or wearing fight shorts out of the gym its a shirt get over it im not gonna lie i wish that mma wasnt so main stream but it is and theres nothing i can do about it so im not gonna dwell on it im gonna just train and do what i can do to get better not worrying aboout what shirts people are wearing and how they act when they wear them if someone is eyeing you down or talking shit to you if your a good martial artist you dont have to proove anything to anyone although u could punch them in the throat. stop caring this little white kid had a tapout shirt on and a punishment hat on at first i said what a bitch then i asked him and he did bjj and me and that nerdy 9ner with the tapout shirt talk all the time

My question to the board is, what would you guys (and gals) that train like to see in a line. I hear a lot of people that train that wouldn't wear a tapout shirt (I train myself and prefer not to wear tapout).

My question to the board is, what would you guys (and gals) that train like to see in a line. I hear a lot of people that train that wouldn't wear a tapout shirt (I train myself and prefer not to wear tapout).

something tasteful and low key. I like six-deuce, some throwdown shirts that aren't too loud, Eternal LTD seems okay, sprawl, fairtex, and Nogi

I personally could care less what people wear. I sell the shirts and if John Q Public wants to pay $65 for a One More Round shirt then I'll sell it to him.

Personally I like tapout. But I'm heavily tattooed (sleeves, neck, chest, most of right leg) so it fits my look. I like other lines too though.

Personally I like tapout. But I'm heavily tattooed (sleeves, neck, chest, most of right leg) so it fits my look. I like other lines too though.

Seems like a lot of you guys out there in Southern Ca...i guess its the trend down there.

I use to get annoyed by people wearing who didnt train. But I dont look like I train at all. I read in an earlier post and I agree. That getting all over people who wear "mma clothes" and dont train would be like people who wear a basketball jersey and dont play basketball or a dodger hat and dont play baseball.

people keep going back to the pro sports (baseball basketball football etc.) thing of someone wearing a jersey but doesnt actually play. i think the annoyance here is that the posers who wear mma clothes and who try to look tough, airbox, want to pick fights with people yet dont train. sure lots of people wear dodgers hats or chicago bulls jerseys, but you dont see them carrying around basketballs saying they play for the chicago bulls.

thats my only issue, and yes i do really see posers at the bars who airbox w/ their friends, and yes i have gone up to them and ask where they train and find out they dont.

people keep going back to the pro sports (baseball basketball football etc.) thing of someone wearing a jersey but doesnt actually play. i think the annoyance here is that the posers who wear mma clothes and who try to look tough, airbox, want to pick fights with people yet dont train. sure lots of people wear dodgers hats or chicago bulls jerseys, but you dont see them carrying around basketballs saying they play for the chicago bulls.

thats my only issue, and yes i do really see posers at the bars who airbox w/ their friends, and yes i have gone up to them and ask where they train and find out they dont.

What exactly is 'trying to look tough'? I know plenty of douchebags at bars that pick fights and DON'T wear mma gear.

I think the problem is more with douchebags in general rather than people wearing mma clothes.

Another tip: training bjj 2 nights a week doesn't make you tough. Sure its pretty effective in competition fights where there are rules and weight classes. But in your bar fight scenario it would be pretty useless. :icon_chee

What exactly is 'trying to look tough'? I know plenty of douchebags at bars that pick fights and DON'T wear mma gear.

I think the problem is more with douchebags in general rather than people wearing mma clothes.

Another tip: training bjj 2 nights a week doesn't make you tough. Sure its pretty effective in competition fights where there are rules and weight classes. But in your bar fight scenario it would be pretty useless. :icon_chee

I'd like to see you give that little "tip" to a purple or brown belt.

Back