Law Mitt voted yes on impeachment

Such a snake. Can't believe I rooted for him. Mitt changes allegiance like changing sweaters. He came to the Trump tower to get Trumps endorsement, then blasted Trump publicly after Trump got the nomination. Then after Trump got elected, he groveled to come the White House hoping to be Secretary of State. Now he voted to impeach Trump. Mitt maxed out his political credit on any side. Shame, he had so much potential.

Don't worry, Trump will get his revenge on this clown.

Career politicians on both sides hate him.

Drain the swamp!
I assumed you were pro Romney from this post , if the swamp is made up of career politicians and career politicians from both sides hate him , wouldn't that speak well of him from your stand point ?

I assumed you were pro Romney from this post , if the swamp is made up of career politicians and career politicians from both sides hate him , wouldn't that speak well of him from your stand point ?
Career Politicians on both sides hate Trump.
Mitt is one of the career politicians.

Romney had much to lose and very little to gain by doing this , it's clear he was voting his conscience unlike many of his republican counterparts .
At least he wasn't letting the party think for him. He should leave the GOP all together at this point like Justin Amash did (who voted for Trump impeachment). The more independents the better.

maybe they’ll kick him out like Amash.
Amash chose to leave the party because outside of his dislike for Trump, he was fed up with the GOP in general. Honestly, the dude probably would have ran as a Libertarian if it didn't automatically mean he wouldn't get elected.

Even now as an independent, his chances for re-election have taken a beating because of it. He's still managing to raise a lot of money right now but in the end it probably won't help. You dissent the groupthink of your party and or try to start something new, you get buried in this country.

Career Politicians on both sides hate Trump.
Mitt is one of the career politicians.

In a thread about Mitt Romney if your post says " him " it stands to reason the him would refer to Romney.

As to your point , if that were true more republican career politicians would have voted with Romney .

Career politicians from the right love trump , out of control spending , massive deficits , huge tax cuts for the wealthy , degradation of the environment etc , these seem to be the things the hallmarks of the new right .

At least he wasn't letting the party think for him. He should leave the GOP all together at this point like Justin Amash did (who voted for Trump impeachment). The more independents the better.

I disagree with this strongly , I think one of the main problems today is that both parties are too homogeneous , this is a relatively new development , drive out anyone who isn't in 100% line with the party on all issues.

Well now #MittRomneyAmericanHero is trending on twitter...
trump_romney_dinner_2k_10.5.19.jpg

giphy.gif

I'm sure it wasn't personal.

What a stupid, stupid hill to die on. Romney still had a shot at being President some day.
It is amazing how many of you Trumper's cannot understand 'acts of conscious'.

Romeny is a deeply religious man. Deeply religious people do not believe you can get away with a lie before God. You cannot filibuster god. You cannot trick god. He knows what is in your heart and your intent.

And they believes oaths are solemn and inviolate. Many believe it is a mortal sin resulting in the soul's damnation to swear an oath to God and then break it.

I am not religious so I don't believe those things but it is the height of naivety you are showing in saying it is stupid for him to believe that and live his life to that.

Your TDS is really showing right now.

Last edited:
He killed his chances on the federal stage. Of course he'll always have Utah, but now he's a Strom Thurmond for life, and will no longer enjoy a future as a thought leader or spiritual leader for the Republicans. He definitely won't have a presence in Presidential races.

More nonsense. You show an utter lack of comprehensiuon of what is coming in the republican political arena.

Once Trump leaves the stage the Republican party will almost certainly have to remake itself. There simply is no one currently who can make the type of base play Trump has and keep that shrinking base so united and since it is shrinking as a percent of the populace, the Republican who comes in next will almost certainly have to change course and try to reach out to a broader coalition. I firmly suspect you will see a revival of the 'old fiscal Conservative party' as they really do not have anywhere else to go.

Anyone naive enough to think Mitt or anyone was going to try and be Trump light when Trump leaves is simply wrong. Trump has made the most of a shrinking base that is losing any ability to seriously influence elections and quite frankly that was his appeal to them. They knew this was their last chance where they would have the power to get judges and priorities thru and they rallied to it knowing they are not likely to be relevant to politicians in the future.

It’s amazing to me that regular people would support putting political strategy and ambition over doing the right thing.

Maybe you disagree that Trump should be impeached but if you grant that Romney is telling the truth and he believes he should be impeached it most definitely is the honorable hill to die on.

You should also consider that a Senator with principles doesn’t want any part of what the GOP represents now and is fine with losing his seat. Is it hard to imagine a man as respected and successful as Romney doesn’t want to be complicit in covering for a corrupt president and working with a party devoid of any principle other than tribal loyalty?

Like I’ve said before, turn in your NeverTrump card.

No Trumpster with TDS, will even be able to comprehend this as meaningful...

"...if you grant that Romney is telling the truth and he believes he should be impeached it most definitely is the honorable hill to die on..."

And go beyond that. Romney took an OATH. So in his view he swore to God he would be faithful and honest in his duty to judge this.

And Madmick will certainly reply with some thing like 'spare me the sanctimony. Romney is full of shit pretending that he put God before politics. Politics comes before God. '.

It is amazing how many of you Trumper's cannot understand 'acts of conscious'.

Romeny is a deeply religious man. Deeply religious people do not believe you can get away with a lie before God. You can filibuster god. You cannot trick god. He knows what is in your heart and your intent.

And they believes oaths are solemn and inviolate. Many believe it is a mortal sin resulting in the soul's damnation to swear an oath to God and then break it.

I am not religious so I don't believe those things but it is the height of naivety you are showing in saying it is stupid for him to believe that and live his life to that.

Your TDS is really showing right now.
Dude.. He had ties to Burisma lol. Take that away and your BS there might have a chance at being true or appropriate. The politics that the Mormon faith "follows" is the neocon trickle down reagonomics crap that you are supposed to hate more than anything if it wasn't for TDS.

I disagree with this strongly , I think one of the main problems today is that both parties are too homogeneous , this is a relatively new development , drive out anyone who isn't in 100% line with the party on all issues.
I see where you're coming from here, but of course the big issue is that dissenters within a party usually get drowned out by the status quo. It's hard to separate yourself and make a splash. Just look at Bernie, he has to re-join the Dems so to speak when he runs for POTUS just so people can take comfort in voting for someone with a "D" after their name. Then he doesn't win the nomination and it's back to "I" where people in Vermont have already jumped on his bandwagon regardless of affiliation.

So in a sense I can see the value of shaking the party up from within, but I think that more outliers that have some punch behind their name that directly contest the party will scare it into change more than someone they can easily push to the side. What I'm saying isn't all that odd of a phenomena, about 100 years ago Teddy Roosevelt made up his own party for the sake of getting on the ballot because he couldn't stand Taft and still got 88 electoral votes. Granted it, help he had already been President too.

I see where you're coming from here, but of course the big issue is that dissenters within a party usually get drowned out by the status quo. It's hard to separate yourself and make a splash. Just look at Bernie, he has to re-join the Dems so to speak when he runs for POTUS just so people can take comfort in voting for someone with a "D" after their name. Then he doesn't win the nomination and it's back to "I" where people in Vermont have already jumped on his bandwagon regardless of affiliation.

So in a sense I can see the value of shaking the party up from within, but I think that more outliers that have some punch behind their name that directly contest the party will scare it into change more than someone they can easily push to the side. What I'm saying isn't all that odd of a phenomena, about 100 years ago Teddy Roosevelt made up his own party for the sake of getting on the ballot because he couldn't stand Taft and still got 88 electoral votes. Granted it, help he had already been President too.
That sounds great but it's difficult for an I to get elected , the real problem is a two party system trying to fit all view points into to two tents is just silly

Back