• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mistrust of Science - Evolution vs Creationism in the classroom

did anyone ask for your opinion? go white knight someone else with your retarded logic and your Cheetos font
{<jimmies}

iu

I enjoy the fact you didn't comprehend or even try to respond.
Even more so that you fell for the bait....

honestly you were just never exposed to sophisticated deep spirituality. this is really common. i'm not trying to insult you in any way. bible camps are not where you find deep spirituality.

there is a wealth of extremely potent spirituality available to you if you ever find you want it and i would be willing to pm with you anytime about it in a sane way.

i respect your choice not to if that is the case of course.

AGAIN.... you’ll never be able to speak for my experience. And it wasn't just bible camps. It was 11 years worth of Sundays and the occasional Tuesdays across 3 different sects of Christianity. countless mornings of FCA meetings, door to door recruiting, etc etc.. you name a bible basturd activity and I was knee deep in it.

So for some anonymous Fizzybubbler to waltz in here and claim knowledge of my experience is insulting and unrealistic.

AGAIN.... you’ll never be able to speak for my experience. And it wasn't just bible camps. It was 11 years worth of Sundays and the occasional Tuesdays across 3 different sects of Christianity. countless mornings of FCA meetings, door to door recruiting, etc etc.. you name a bible basturd activity and I was knee deep in it.

So for some anonymous Fizzybubbler to waltz in here and claim knowledge of my experience is insulting and unrealistic.

Sounds like you were put through a cult. I can understand your distaste.

Sure, go for it. I think youll find out soon enough that those doctrines do not hold up to scrutiny.
Well, that’s a weird blind opinion. Especially since logic and knowledge have been the #1 enemy of religion since the beginning of the modern era (oh and NFL on Sundays).

And you glossed over the fact that Hindu, Islam, and becoming a Jedi all contradict Christianity.

Last edited:
Sounds like you were put through a cult. I can understand your distaste.
Nope, it was all my choice and I could leave anytime I wanted without impunity. As soon as a “distaste” occurred I left.

If there was a silver lining out of it all... I guess it kept me off the streets?

Nope, it was all my choice and I could leave anytime I wanted without impunity. As soon as a “distaste” occurred I left.

If there was a silver lining out of it all... I guess it kept me off the streets?

Well it seems to have forever turned you against the Most High God so Im not seeing any silver linings.

if you were out recruiting you were only involved in the shallowest form of Christianity there is and there are thousands of tracts that are similar in the regard. you don't find deep spirituality in those groups of people. what those groups are good for is converting people to Jesus. they are not usually useful for deepening a relationship with God and often even run counter to it.

why not just admit to yourself that you never had any deep and meaningful spiritual growth and you don't know that God is or isn't real and maybe just speak less about it?

if you were out recruiting you were only involved in the shallowest form of Christianity there is and there are thousands of tracts that are similar in the regard. you don't find deep spirituality in those groups of people. what those groups are good for is converting people to Jesus. they are not usually useful for deepening a relationship with God and often even run counter to it.

why not just admit to yourself that you never had any deep and meaningful spiritual growth and you don't know that God is or isn't real and maybe just speak less about it?
Again... that’s aaaaaaaall your own opinion and interpretation.

Well it seems to have forever turned you against the Most High God so Im not seeing any silver linings.

There are hundreds of religions that disagree with your ideology of who/what the “High God” is. So your comment is pointless.

Again... that’s aaaaaaaall your own opinion and interpretation.

tell me yours so i am more informed. what experience did you have with God that you now think did not happen?

@evansusmc2

i dont want to pursue this if you dont and honesty it would be better by pm. either way is ok with me.

Didn't realise so many Sherdoggers believes in a literal skydaddy and that evolution isn't real.

not sure anyone believes in a sky daddy Sano. i think that is just a mocking kind of straw man people use to be rude on the net.

not sure anyone believes in a sky daddy Sano. i think that is just a mocking kind of straw man people use to be rude on the net.
It's tongue in cheek, albeit a bit rude I'd concede. However it does seem that many believe in a literal creation by an all-powerful, all-knowing god. Which there simply isn't any compelling evidence for. There's only the same old and tired, and fallacious, philosphical arguments that have been argued to death. There is no more proof of an existence of god than there is of the tooth fairy. Evolution is also the best working theory for the variety of species, good enough to warrent being taught as a scientific fact.

EDIT: But if someone wants to have faith, I mean, that's entirely up to them. I just don't find it convincing.

Last edited:
It's tongue in cheek, albeit a bit rude I'd concede. However it does seem that many believe in a literal creation by an all-powerful, all-knowing god. Which there simply isn't any compelling evidence for. There's only the same old and tired, and fallacious, philosphical arguments that have been argued to death. There is no more proof of an existence of god than there is of the tooth fairy. Evolution is also the best working theory for the variety of species, good enough to warrent being taught as a scientific fact.

EDIT: But if someone wants to have faith, I mean, that's entirely up to them. I just don't find it convincing.

i can see you not finding it convincing but going from that to being rude and mocking is too far, and beneath the dignity of any decent person.

you also ought to have some humility about the topic in my opinion, i believe you have never had any kind of direct experience with God and so for you there is no reason to believe it. but your lack of experience does not make you right.

i think you would believe for certain if yo had half the experience with God that some people do but i'm not mocking you just because you haven't.

Sure, go for it. I think youll find out soon enough that those doctrines do not hold up to scrutiny.
And christianity does? Wow, talk about being brainwashed.

There isn't a single religious doctrine in the entire history of mankind that stands up to scrutiny. By definition they are based on faith which is no basis at all if you apply any form of critical thinking. It's great that believing in whatever nonsense you choose works for you and gives you comfort but to assume it is some fundamental truth based on your own 'faith' is utterly moronic. It is the mentality of a child.

i can see you not finding it convincing but going from that to being rude and mocking is too far, and beneath the dignity of any decent person.

you also ought to have some humility about the topic in my opinion, i believe you have never had any kind of direct experience with God and so for you there is no reason to believe it. but your lack of experience does not make you right.

i think you would believe for certain if yo had half the experience with God that some people do but i'm not mocking you just because you haven't.

Wait a minute, how do you know your experience is with god and not an issue that neuroscience can analyze?

Back